Biggest head scratcher
Mar 29, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #166 of 294
When I was a kid I thought of The Monkees as a tv show more than a band.

Can just imagine @gregorio and @bigshot conducting a home experiment :smile:

the-three-stooges-moe.gif

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #167 of 294
Can just imagine @gregorio and @bigshot conducting a home experiment :smile:

Gregorio is definitely Moe. I'm Curley. We need a Larry.

Both of us know exactly why Gregorio refuses to hum 4'33". But if he admitted it, he'd be proving himself wrong!

Mar 29, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #169 of 294
Larry is mild mannered and a ladies man. I'm thinking Castle.

Mar 29, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #171 of 294
Wow! We went from Cage and Ives to the Monkees awful fast!

I’m not opposed to more recent classical music. I can judge music as music. I just resist when they try to replace music with ideas. An example is Ligetti. He did some amazing things, but metronomes weren’t a part of that part of his output. And I don’t consider a tomato soup label as a worthwhile composition for a painting. I like expressive art, not narcissistic navel gazing.
That remark could start a Warhol over this thread !

Mar 30, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #172 of 294
Both of us know exactly why Gregorio refuses to hum 4'33".
You can’t read! For the 3rd time, I did try to hum it, I even gave details of how!

Just sticking your fingers in your ears and repeating the same fallacious argument over and over is a debating tactic for 5 year olds.
But if he admitted it, he'd be proving himself wrong!
How would I be wrong? Show me any reputable source which states that the definition of music or aesthetics depends on whether or not I personally can hum it.

This is your MO bigshot. You make a false assertion and when challenged, realising you have no sensible argument, your response is to deflect using ever more ridiculous and childish straw-man and other fallacious arguments. That’s exactly the tactic so often used by deluded audiophiles in other debates which you yourself call-out as trolling. So, why are you being a hypocrite and by your own standards trolling this subforum?

G

Mar 30, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #173 of 294
Just do it! Otherwise, you know what you are saying is a FALSEHOOD!

Mar 30, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #174 of 294
Mar 30, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #175 of 294
Have you hummed 4'33" now? Did you hum it all the way through? You know it isn't 4'33" if you only hum two minutes of it, or if you hum it with a repeat it isn't 4'33" any more. If you only hummed part of it, hum it all the way through and come back and let me know you've done it. You can hum it in any key that is comfortable for you. Just perform it and let me know you've done it. You'll learn something from this if you make the effort.

You know, I'm making it easy on you just asking you to hum 4'33". I could have asked you to whistle it!

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #176 of 294
Have you hummed 4'33" now?
Just keep trolling the same fallacious argument ad infinitum. Great example to others, you must be very proud of yourself.

G

Mar 30, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #177 of 294
Since Gregorio is too cranky to hum a song right now, someone else can hum 4'33" and let us know you've done it. Perhaps Gregorio will be in a better mood tomorrow and will be willing to hum 4'33" then.

By the way, I'm not arguing anything... I'm interested in your experience of humming 4'33".

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #178 of 294
Since Gregorio is to cranky too hum a song right now …
Since bigshot can’t read and is too engrossed in trolling to deflect from his ignorance …

G

Mar 30, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #179 of 294
It's OK if you can't do it. Someone else will.

Mar 30, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #180 of 294
I get it, it's the head scratcher thread, and you want people to wonder What is going on to stick with the theme. As far as I'm concerned, congrats, you made it!
IMO, you can stop now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back