Big Platform Upgrades Coming to Head-Fi Very Soon!
May 5, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #78 of 159
Yes, I'm seeing quite a few things that need to be tweaked/fixed/rearranged.

We'll get there.  Long night ahead.

Quote:
Argg.. the stickies in the DIY are all messed up.

May 5, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #79 of 159

Quote:
Yes, I'm seeing quite a few things that need to be tweaked/fixed/rearranged.

We'll get there.  Long night ahead.

Don't worry, Jude, I'll mail you a cup of good ol' fashioned Tim Horton's double-double... It might not get there for a week and there may be customs fees, but trust me, it's totally worth the wait.

The site looks good so far, very modern, but like I mentioned earlier in this thread, it'll take a while to get used to!

May 5, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #80 of 159
It's too big IMO, takes alot longer to read verything due to scrolling. Also, the jump to page numbers are gone from under thread titles, so I can't jump straight to the last page I read. :frowning2:

May 5, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #81 of 159
is it me or you can't edit threads titles anymore(sales for instance)?

ahhhh, the previous forum was just so much faster and more convenient...there's no bar at the bottom-right anymore to switch between the forums
frown.gif

it feels like a "loudness war" version of head-fi
bigsmile_face.gif

PS: also, smileys are not parsed from ":D" ":frowning2:" anymore, you have to select them manually

May 5, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #84 of 159
hmm..this is going to take some time to get used to..
eek.gif

May 5, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #85 of 159
I haven't looked around too much but here are some first impressions:

1. Easy on the eyes
  2. Quicker (at least for me so far, even on my older laptop)
  3. Wikis are very useful at places like http://sn.im/slknet so I could see them coming in very handy here.

Very nice, Jude.  So far so good and thanks for getting the site back up as quickly as you did.

May 5, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #86 of 159
I agree, LevA.

Quote:
hmm..this is going to take some time to get used to..
eek.gif

By the way, the default forum view is narrower than full-width (if you have a widescreen monitor).  Old Head-Fi would go as wide as your screen if you wanted it to.  I personally like this default setting, but, if you don't, click on the My Profile link at the top of the page, and edit that specific option.  (You'll see it after a bit of looking.)

May 5, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #88 of 159
I used to be able to see a list of subscribed threads with new posts, sorted by the last post time.  Now it just seems to be random order.  I've always started browsing head-fi by looking at these.

Is there some way to get a list like before?

May 5, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #89 of 159
there's a preview for the last post of every thread..but it also shows for ppl on your ignore list...it'd be nice if it didn't 
redface.gif

@joe: oh ok, cool! (I can't manage to quote you properly
jecklinsmile.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back