Big-Eared People Unite!!
Apr 29, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #46 of 68
I have ginormous earholes, and I'm only 42 years old.

Apr 29, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #47 of 68
Did you know that people's ears keep growing bigger and bigger forever? Over time this is bound to become one of head-fi's major threads.

Yeah, crazy! I’ve met guys in their 90s, and they are approaching Dumbo levels lol

I don’t know how slow or fast that growth happens, but it is something that has caused some hesitation in my decision to hold off getting CIEMs. My fear is that they’ll start to get loose in a year or 2.

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #49 of 68
Thanks a lot. This is a never ending search. Posted here some years ago and still looking for the perfect eartip. :dt880smile:

Glad to help. If you order a set, be sure to let us know how they work out.

They are wide bore, so that is the only issue i see with them as they will only IEMs with wide nozzles.

If I ever come across any more ginormous tips in the future, I’ll be sure to post them to this thread.

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #50 of 68
Glad to help. If you order a set, be sure to let us know how they work out.

They are wide bore, so that is the only issue i see with them as they will only IEMs with wide nozzles.

If I ever come across any more ginormous tips in the future, I’ll be sure to post them to this thread.
I tried the large ones (depicted below on the left) with my Sony XBA-N1 and InEar SD2, but got no seal. Both IEMs work great for me with the tips depicted on the right.
ginormouseartips.jpg

These came with RE400. I have only one pair of them and at least two IEMs to use them with, so the search continues...

May 5, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #51 of 68
I tried the large ones (depicted below on the left) with my Sony XBA-N1 and InEar SD2, but got no seal. Both IEMs work great for me with the tips depicted on the right.

These came with RE400. I have only one pair of them and at least two IEMs to use them with, so the search continues...

That’s quite unfortunate friend :frowning2:

May 6, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #52 of 68

Advancedmp3players in the uk sell them as replacement packs of three if that helps? No idea where you are so don't know if they will ship. About £12.00

May 6, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #55 of 68
Oh wait, I was wrong. They do ship to where I live (and many other European places). It would only cost me € 36.5 including postage.

For 1 set of usable tips. That’s a deal! Haha

May 6, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #56 of 68
By the way, there are other sellers around the world that sell 14.5mm eartips that look similar.
Search for 14.5mm eartips or 14.5mm earbud tips.
Unfortunately, Aliexpress' search engine doesn't do a very good search like eBay or Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back