big day of purchasing...
Sep 27, 2006 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

juzmister

Headphoneus Supremus
Well i have spent more for the greater head-fi cause today than ever before. HE60's, HEV70, 2 pairs of AK IC'S, Maxed Millet Hybrid...wow...How do you all think the millet will go as a pre-amp to the HEV70?
Justin

Sep 27, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 17
nice purchases, but HOW THE HELL are you in HS and can afford that?
blink.gif

Sep 27, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister
Well i have spent more for the greater head-fi cause today than ever before. HE60's, HEV70, 2 pairs of AK IC'S, Maxed Millet Hybrid...wow...How do you all think the millet will go as a pre-amp to the HEV70?
Justin

the weak link in that chain is the HEV70. imho, no preamp is going to make that electrostatic energizer sound good. the HE60 is totally able to do better - there's a used KGSS on the boards now for $600-something, and using that will make you realize that the HE60 has amazing bass (even better than the bass from an HE90 out of a KGSS!)

Sep 27, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
the weak link in that chain is the HEV70. imho, no preamp is going to make that electrostatic energizer sound good. the HE60 is totally able to do better - there's a used KGSS on the boards now for $600-something, and using that will make you realize that the HE60 has amazing bass (even better than the bass from an HE90 out of a KGSS!)

yeh, i was looking at it, but it was the wrong voltage, and a bit of a hassle to change it and stuff. Well i have quite a funny upgrade story as to how i afforded all of this stuff. So i got Hf-1s, sold them for the usual 400ish, then i sold some stuff and bought W3000s, i sold them for 800...My dad said he would go halves in the HE60 for my 18th bday, so thats them covered. The MH was paid for with IEM profit lol and the cables were paid for with an old amp i had around. So there you go, how a 17 year old affords all of that stuff...

Sep 27, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma
blink.gif

It's not that hard. I'm in HS too and paid for every dime of my rig. He even has his dad helping him....

Sep 27, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3
It's not that hard. I'm in HS too and paid for every dime of my rig. He even has his dad helping him....

i have enough spare cash to not need my Dad for phones, but it was the perfect bday opportunity...What amp do you think i should get with the HE60 Jahn (kgss sold)?

Sep 27, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #10 of 17
Kudos for having that kind of cash... No way in hell minimum wage could pay for that kind of equipment. Only way I'd have a chance at affording any of that stuff would be to start dealing.
tongue.gif
... ... ...
very_evil_smiley.gif

EDit: Oh yea, I'm 17 as well.

Sep 27, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162
Kudos for having that kind of cash... No way in hell minimum wage could pay for that kind of equipment. Only way I'd have a chance at affording any of that stuff would be to start dealing.
tongue.gif
... ... ...
very_evil_smiley.gif

EDit: Oh yea, I'm 17 as well.

Do you know anything about computers? If you do you could do what I did and start your own business. I now build, sell, and repair computers. I even sell on ebay - I made $300 on each machine and I sell 1-3 a week. It pays really well to repair locally to. That's what bought me my audio stuff, my computer, my car, and I still have about a grand left over for emergencies and like $600 in my play money account. It's wonderful working like 4 hours a week and bringing in $300 to $1000 depending on how many sell per week.

Anyway congrats on the purchase. I think you now have the best electrostat system of all Highschool-Fi. I wonder if I have the best dynamic? I'm Maestrobating my amp as we speak (parts are in the mail) so after that I think I may have a shot.

Sep 27, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blee'kr
who cares how he can afford it?
what important is that a high schooler wants tubes. hope for us.

This is hilarious
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma
blink.gif

Um, he is in high school that's how. Any income he makes is completely disposable. I would buy a lot more audio gear if I didn't have to pay bills
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Um, he is in high school that's how. Any income he makes is completely disposable. I would buy a lot more audio gear if I didn't have to pay bills
evil_smiley.gif

rolleyes.gif

I've paid for every piece of equipment I own(ed) with my money. Half my money still goes into my savings account or I invest it, money that would be enough to cover most of my living expenses, the other half I spend on audio gear or other extraneous items. Some of us just know how to make money and are good at playing the market. I made nearly five grand in one year when I invested my savings in a natural resources fund. If you know how to properly invest, it's not that hard to be able to afford things. Now, let's please get off the topic of patronizing the purchases of high school head-fiers.

Congrats on the baby Orpheus Juzmister, hope you really enjoy it! When properly amped it's supposed to be one of the best 'stats available.

Sep 28, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
rolleyes.gif

I've paid for every piece of equipment I own(ed) with my money. Half my money still goes into my savings account or I invest it, money that would be enough to cover most of my living expenses, the other half I spend on audio gear or other extraneous items. Some of us just know how to make money and are good at playing the market. I made nearly five grand in one year when I invested my savings in a natural resources fund. If you know how to properly invest, it's not that hard to be able to afford things. Now, let's please get off the topic of patronizing the purchases of high school head-fiers.

Congrats on the baby Orpheus Juzmister, hope you really enjoy it! When properly amped it's supposed to be one of the best 'stats available.

Just kidding dude, I'm just jealous. Not to burst your bubble though, but there is no extra money to invest when your in college ... just expenses
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back