Bicycle-Fi!
Jul 26, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #106 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can get into tachycardia fastest with a road bike, but that's just me. No crashing to slow me down.

But, Kevin, the day after you first posted with this trikke fad, I was going around Lake Harriet and saw two old boys proudly riding theirs.
biggrin.gif
I'll check with SWMBO to see if they all ready have a nick name for them in the E.R.
eek.gif

Up in your neck of the woods, you can get them with skis, no kidding! :wink:
they probably do have an ER nick name for them if they show up with any frequency. Something like kamakazi three wheeler, or some such.

Jul 26, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #107 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they probably do have an ER nick name for them if they show up with any frequency. Something like kamakazi three wheeler, or some such.

Donortrike?
eek.gif

Wrenching continues: Fuji Roubaix becomes errand bike with Schwalbe 700c25c Marathon Plus tires and Ketter rear basket. 0.75" higher on the stem helps the old boy's back. Everything rolls and nothing rattles. Century Pro also gets 700x25c Marathon Plus treatment for rough trails and old bones and a front bag for essentials. Wife's Cannondale H400 got new rubber (now, if I can just get her to ride it) and all the drivetrains got cleaned and adjusted.

Rode two electric assist bikes last week; so far a BionX PL 350 conversion of a decent hydrid looks like errand bike #2 for the ten and twenty mile store runs.

Jul 26, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #108 of 4,419
This is my new MTB- Gary Fisher Piranha. I have TIME'S clipless pedals on it now. Everything else is pretty much stock. I'm also going ghetto tubeless later this week and I also put a bash guard on it. She rides great though.

Captured2006-2-2500006.jpg

Captured2006-2-2500005.jpg

Captured2006-2-2500007.jpg

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #109 of 4,419
poetic that GF looks amazing... I spent my bike savings on my new headphones, but I was looking at Coves and Brodies and... and... and... but they're all too expensive for me.

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #110 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by potato28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
poetic that GF looks amazing... I spent my bike savings on my new headphones, but I was looking at Coves and Brodies and... and... and... but they're all too expensive for me.

Depending on what type of frame you are looking for, oyu might look at transition bikes - I have a bottle rocket, and prefer it to both my Santa Cruz V10 and Blur 4X bikes - both set up with tip top componenets (Blackboxx sram components and DT swiss, etc)

Jul 29, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #111 of 4,419
Here's mine, these are old pictures, current bike has new bar wraps and saddle (yellow).

b149354384.jpg

b149354394.jpg

b149354405.jpg

I love biking without brakes, especially when there's heavy traffic.

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #112 of 4,419
My Specialized SX Trail. It's 3 years old, but I haven't found anything that strikes the same perfect balance for me in recent years. It's in the shop right now after a GREAT weekend in Whistler
biggrin.gif

P1010001.jpg

And my single speed Giant Boulder. Wanted a beater singlespeeder so I bought the cheap boulder and installed all my old parts that I had laying around. The cranks alone (crank bros) are worth more than the bike
rolleyes.gif

P1010030.jpg

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #113 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It'd be primarily for city riding, but there's plenty of rough pavement and the like around here, and I think having front fork shocks would be a benefit when riding over that stuff.

You already have much better suspension and you don't even know it- your arms and legs. They provide 12" of suspension that's more efficient than any suspension design on the market. If you're in the city, the pavement and curbs can't be bad enough that you need suspension, and you'll appreciate the improved efficiency of not having your fork bobbing up & down. I'm replacing the front fork on my single speed with a rigid fork as soon as I have the cash.

Jul 31, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #114 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by m11a1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's mine, these are old pictures, current bike has new bar wraps and saddle (yellow).

b149354384.jpg

b149354394.jpg

b149354405.jpg

I love biking without brakes, especially when there's heavy traffic.

I'll never understand these candy bikes.

Jul 31, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #115 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's unique, what else is there to understand?

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #116 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The beauty of track bikes (fixies) is the lack of weight, it's like peddling nothing.

M11a, how much does your bike weigh? BTW you need more yellow, yellow carbon/aero spoke (radial pattern), yellow alloy nipples, yellow crank-set, and a decent water-bottle.
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #118 of 4,419
Ray, you must not be from around here, way too practical with hand laced wheels too, and only a foreigner would use a Brooks saddle and Grant Peterson Mustache bars. Dude where's your Vans, no one rides with Sidi's and cleats.
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #120 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its nice to meet a Rivendell fan!

I've been following the exploits of Grant for many years, I have an RB-1 and I'm a card carrying BOB.
bob_purse.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back