Bicycle-Fi!
Aug 21, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #661 of 4,419
I just saw this thread - cool! I have a Redline Cyclocross/Road bike, with Sora/Tiagra derailleurs. Nothing special, but a very good long-distance exercise machine. Been practicing for marathons, maybe upgrading to a Specialized, Scott, or Giant soon..

Aug 21, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #662 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just saw this thread - cool!

You came to the right place, DeusEx! Lots of folks here with neat two-wheeled toys. Let's Ride!
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #663 of 4,419
Redline CX? You gotta race cross on that, season's coming up quick and Socal had as decent scene for that from what I've heard.

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #664 of 4,419
Well, school's busy, but I might have time on the weekends or so. I've only done marathons up to now, but I need new tires for CX, since I'm using touring tires as of now.

I made a Bike-Fi Group. Please join, everybody!

Also, I think Lance's comeback was well-handled. But I don't know i he'll every win another jersey...

Aug 22, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #665 of 4,419
Quote:

I just saw this thread - cool! I have a Redline Cyclocross/Road bike, with Sora/Tiagra derailleurs. Nothing special, but a very good long-distance exercise machine. Been practicing for marathons, maybe upgrading to a Specialized, Scott, or Giant soon..

I got a 09 Specialized Elite Comp and I've got around 500 miles on it. Love it. Have about 4 50 mile rides on it and feels great. Their 2010 Lineup looks slick too =P

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #667 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just thought I should post some photos of yesterday's ride. I took the Red Rock canyon loop and almost died trying to climb. The headwinds didn't help much either.
bigsmile_face.gif

bike2.jpg

Fast forward to last month: I fell in love with a CAAD9-6...

wa.jpg

I also bought new headlights: Aurora SSC P7's. The flashlight is incredibly bright. I have no problem seeing even during a 30+mph descent. It really helps because in Vegas because its either ride in the dark or get beat by 100+ degree temps all day. The best part is that the whole setup including rechargeable batteries cost me only $60.

Aug 22, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #669 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fast forward to last month: I fell in love with a CAAD9-6...

wa.jpg

I also bought new headlights: Aurora SSC P7's. The flashlight is incredibly bright. I have no problem seeing even during a 30+mph descent. It really helps because in Vegas because its either ride in the dark or get beat by 100+ degree temps all day. The best part is that the whole setup including rechargeable batteries cost me only $60.

Those the Shimano RS-10 wheels? If so be weary lots of people have had those wheels fail on them in EPIC ways.

*EDIT* NM the Caad 9 6 has the WH-500 the Caad 9 5 has the epic fail RS-10

Aug 22, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #670 of 4,419
Nice ride. May I ask what derailleurs? I'm guessing Tiagra or 105? CAADs are always very nice. I almost bought one over the Redline, but I wanted to hold off for a 105/Ultegra, instead of spend that much for a Tiagra, which is only a step up from Sora.

Aug 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #671 of 4,419
Quote:

Nice ride. May I ask what derailleurs? I'm guessing Tiagra or 105? CAADs are always very nice. I almost bought one over the Redline, but I wanted to hold off for a 105/Ultegra, instead of spend that much for a Tiagra, which is only a step up from Sora.

Frame CAAD9 Optimo
Fork Six Ultra Carbon Blades
Rear Shock N/A
Rims Shimano WH-500A
Hubs Shimano WH-500A
Spokes Shimano WH-500A
Tires Vittoria Zaffiro, 700 x 23c
Pedals N/A
Crank Shimano Tiagra, 39/53, Option: Shimano Tiagra Triple, 30/39/50
Chain Shimano 9-speed
Rear Cogs SRAM PG-950, 12-26
Bottom Bracket Shimano Tiagra
Front Derailleur Shimano Sora
Rear Derailleur Shimano Tiagra
Shifters Shimano Tiagra
Handlebars Cannondale C3
Stem Cannondale C4
Headset Integrated w/ 25mm alloy top cover
Brakeset Tektro R520 Dual Pivot
Brakelevers Shimano Tiagra
Saddle San Marco Ponza Power
Seat Post Cannondale C2 Carbon-wrapped
Sizes 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, 63cm
Extras Gel Handlebar Wrap

Aug 23, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #672 of 4,419
Yep, runs on Tiagra stuff. Its not bad, but just a PITA to tune the triple since it has a tendency to chain rub on certain gear combos. I do find myself wishing I had a compact double at times though, since 3 rings is occasionally difficult to manage.

By the way, do you guys know of a bike route mapping program that shows elevation changes? I can't seem to do it on Google maps.

Aug 23, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #673 of 4,419
If you have an iPhone 3G or newer, Trailguru does a decent job with elevation.

Aug 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #674 of 4,419
Do you guys listen to music while biking? What IEMs? I personally prefer earbuds, since my SE530s block out all noise (including stray cars and the like)

Aug 23, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #675 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldskoolboarder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have an iPhone 3G or newer, Trailguru does a decent job with elevation.

Thanks, I'll give the app a shot tonight.

Quote:

Do you guys listen to music while biking? What IEMs? I personally prefer earbuds, since my SE530s block out all noise (including stray cars and the like)

I would listen on an enclosed pathway like a MUP, but personally I wouldn't listen to headphones while in an area with traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back