Bicycle-Fi!
Jan 24, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #1,756 of 4,419
Quote:
From 1997 to 2004 I did all the Tour de France, Vuelta a España, and Giro D'Italia races, among other European races.  Even did some music scoring.   But in 2004 after 24 years in the broadcast industry as a high end video editor and audio mixer I got up from the edit chair and just walked away never to return, and that was that.

What lead you to just walk out? If you dont mind me asking on a public forum, just PM me if you dont want to share
beerchug.gif

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #1,757 of 4,419
Placing my order for a lime green transition blindside frame latter this week 
biggrin.gif
.  It is going to have a fox dhx4 rear shock, marzocchi 66 ti fork, full sram X9 (2x9 until i get a bash guard then going to 1x9), right now i have white azonic outlaw wheels but those are going to change soon (whatever i get is going to be blue = green and blue color scheme). Avid Code R breaks, and FSA cranks and bars that i cant recall the name right now.

right now i have all the mentioned parts on a 2010 Jamis Xam

(my soon to be blindside)

Oh and Syncros Mentals pedals
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #1,759 of 4,419
i try to ride like the video :p   not anywhere near as good though lol

i do mostly really aggressive all mountain riding with a lot of drops 6-8 ft and decent sized jumps liek 15-23 ft, i actually broke the rear triangle on my jamis earlier today
biggrin.gif
so its a good thing im getting the blindside.

Jan 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #1,760 of 4,419

Quote:
i try to ride like the video :p   not anywhere near as good though lol

i do mostly really aggressive all mountain riding with a lot of drops 6-8 ft and decent sized jumps liek 15-23 ft, i actually broke the rear triangle on my jamis earlier today
biggrin.gif
so its a good thing im getting the blindside.

Congrats! Really enjoyed the vid!!!

Jan 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #1,764 of 4,419
I ride road right now but have one of these, a 2010 model with *very* little mileage and one ride off-road. I'm in a rut since losing all my fitness after surgery in Oct., and can't seem to get it back. I need an alternative hopefully to get motivated. Had a rigid Cannondale in the 90's and went through 2 warranty frames, so I know most of the trails in town. May have to hit one next week. 

Anyway I'm just learning the new technology, and can see full suspension is the way to go. Transition's idea of adding slack geo to multi-use bikes makes a lot of sense, and they look stable compared to the average XC type designs.

http://www.specialized.com/zz/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=45807&eid=4340&menuItemId=9253

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #1,765 of 4,419
if you like specialized their stumpjumper FSR has been getting some of the best review of any bike that i have seen in the last few years,   it also has the more aggressive (slack) geo. that is getting really popular with the coming short travel AM bikes.  it lookes like a great bike that you can ride for miles but still be able to have fun with and throw around. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #1,767 of 4,419

Quote:
What kind of riding do you do, like in the video or basic singletrack? I was surprised how well it turns with the jacked up slack frontend. Talk to me, man.

http://www.transitionbikes.com/Bikes_Blindside.cfm

2:53 is sick! I feel like a total noob watching this video lol 
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #1,769 of 4,419

Quote:
Serious Vid! I wonder if listening to music could help focus, say an iPod or something...
popcorn.gif

It works great for like XC and stuff but once i personally get into technical places with jumps and drops i use wind and tire noise to gauge how fast i am going, and when ever i try to do all that stuff with headphones on it feels a little disorientating.  IDK if im just weird like that or if anyone else has noticed that.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/221262/  <- my favorite short edit

Feb 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #1,770 of 4,419

Among contemporary cyclists, this is the one I find most impressive. It may not be bike-fi, but it's definitely bike-fu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back