BHSE....Bravo!
Apr 7, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #61 of 94
I had a chance to listen to the BHSE a couple times during meets, and for a couple hours alone in a hotel room in DC along with the MK1 and MK2. I may be wrong, but outside of that, the only people I know who have even had a chance to listen to the BHSE away from a noisy meet room are justin and m_maher. I think it's highly doubtful that anyone has had a chance to do any kind of real comparison between the ES1 and the BHSE. In time, I think Elephas might be able to make that comparison, and maybe one or two others, but you really need to wait for people to have their amps, and let them live with them for a least a minute before you can expect any meaningful impressions, let alone comparisons to other amps that few own. Egad, man.

btw, I have no idea what you mean when you call an amp a "bunch of brute force." Some kind of sonic wall coming at you? Is that what you think people who have heard and ordered this amp like to listen to?

Apr 7, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #62 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats why you do this thing, called a prototype, first. Im sure its top quality, it looks great, im sure it will sound superb, but i wouldnt defend the price tag to the extreme of making it sound like a bargain.

I didnt nag for specifics since its a project for some months ahead [late summer/early fall], it will be more powerful than the KGSS though and will likewise have an adjustable bias.

just make your own BHSE then...

Apr 7, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #63 of 94
The Blue Hawaii doesn't sound forced in any way and the extra power doesn't translate into a brutally loud, yet sterile sound. It simply allows the headphones to be well fed and takes the amp out of the equation as a limiting factor.

Apr 7, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #64 of 94
All I can add would be to say that listening to the BHSE with my O2 MKII's was one of the most musical listening experiences that I can recall.

Apr 16, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #66 of 94
I'm still amazed that Justin did these amps in the first place and charged what he did. If someone like Stax would do them there is no way in hell that they would charge under $15,000 for them, and would most likely charge a lot more. Even though they may seem expensive at $5k+ they're still one heck of a bargain. Too bad that I'm too broke to shell out that much on an amp right now, but in a few years' time, if I have the funds, I'll definitely be interested.

May 6, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #70 of 94
Waiting anxiously for the first impressions of the final product!
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #71 of 94
Keep the impression coming. If economy is better I might want to get the Aritaeus for my HE-90. It is ashamed that SP has came down to this as the HE90+ES-1 was leap and bound better than anything else I've heard. Keep great products coming Justin!

May 20, 2009 at 10:53 AM Post #72 of 94
I was the first to get my BHSE. It is indeed a beautiful work of art. I have with my wife made head to head comparisons against our ES-1 and wow- what a close battle.

The BHSE is more powerful- providing clearer more live like sound. The ES-1 is more musical- pulling you in. It has a kind of delicate veil of magic.

I guess you could say the ES-1 is more like a Audio Aero and the BHSE is more like an EMM labs.

What I decided to do in order to keep the magical musicality of the ES-1 and get the power of the BHSE was keep the BHSE, sell my ES-1 and switch my source from my modded Esound e5 Signature to an Audio Aero Classic SE.
Amazing- how the Audio Aero Classic SE has almost the exact same musicality as the ES-1. I am not surprised because I had V-caps in my ES-1 and the Audio Aero SE uses V caps- and they color the sound exactly the same- just how I like it- incredible detail, great dynamics, world class transparency, and a delicate analogue like texturazation of the music- kind of magical. Of course I now have the power of the BHSE as well. It is almost as If to my luck I made a perfect combination of the best atributes of each amp and put them into one system. And of course I have the build quality of the BHSE which is way above the ES-1 along with the ES-1 musicality without owning an ES-1.

Fantastic..

May 20, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #74 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsbrsvp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was the first to get my BHSE.

Congratulations!
bigsmile_face.gif

So what are you pairing it up with? Source and headphone(s)... A couple of pictures would be great as well.. *hint:hint*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back