BHSE....Bravo!
May 20, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #76 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations!
bigsmile_face.gif

So what are you pairing it up with? Source and headphone(s)... A couple of pictures would be great as well.. *hint:hint*

uh...in the post right above yours, he talks about his source choices.

Mine's ready for shipping next week, but since I'll be busy and/or traveling, I've opted to get mine after CanJam. I'll be using O2MK1s as the primary headphone and an APL modded Phillips SACD 1000 for the source. I've had a chance to hear the bhse with both, so I'm pretty excited to be having it home soon.

May 20, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #77 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uh...in the post right above yours, he talks about his source choices.

Oops! Between the Audio Aero, EMM Labs, .. talk I guess I missed the fact that he specified two sources longer down.
No sign of what is hooked up in the other end and placed on the head though...
wink.gif

May 21, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #79 of 94
Sorry for the late reply.

I am using Ridge street Audio balanced Poeima Rv3 Signature IC- the best IC I ever heard by far.

All listening is with a SR-007 MK1. And my remarks are all basaed on my bias towards those headphones and my liking of their sonics.

I want to stress that if it were not for the Audio Aero CDP, I would of kept the ES-1. The musicality was so so beautiful and was more important to me than the extra bit of power of the BHSE. Also- The ES-1 is no slouch in power either- it just flexes its strength in a gentler more delicate way.

Every time we switched back and forth between ES-1 and BHSE my wife and I preferred the ES-1- period. We did it many times on many CD's. The musical involvement of the ES-1 was more important to us than the extra punch of the BHSE.- It appealed to us more.

But- I was worried about the build quality of the ES-1 and was intrigued by that extra punch of the BHSE. Audio Aero's CDP saved the day for the BHSE.

It's funny, people I asked told me Audio Aero is to warm and fuzzy for the SR007 MK1 whic is already warm and dark.- May be true on any amp- but not the BHSE. The sound is super super transparent, fast as could be- incredibly detailed- the most neutral presentation I ever heard- with not a drop of edge. It added the traits of the ES-1 that I needed to have in order to keep the BHSE.

By the way the ES-1 is sold- and putting all customer service issues aside- that thing was a sonic goldmine.

May 21, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #80 of 94
Congrats on the BHSE
normal_smile .gif
, im glad you pointed out that the ES-1 was a "sonic goldmine" to your ears, to me implying that the ES-1 had more of a "sound" compared to the BHSE. Im very excited to hopefully hear an amp that can get as close to being nonexixstant as possible.

Im envious of you getting yours already, but can't wait to hear it with my O2s in about a week in LA.

May 22, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #81 of 94
The BHSE is without a doubt- more NONEXHISTENT. It gets out of the way and allows you to hear your source. The ES-1 forms the music- it adds sparkle, flesh and body to the music.

It is a totally different approach. If you are sure you love your source and want to hear it as uncolored as possible- BHSE is the way.

If you want to add musicality, body, texture to your sources sound- ES-1.

My opinion- cost no objuect- get the sound you want from the source- then get cabeling and amp and headphones to all become as nonexistent as possible- I got better results this way.

May 22, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #82 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsbrsvp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My opinion- cost no objuect- get the sound you want from the source- then get cabeling and amp and headphones to all become as nonexistent as possible- I got better results this way.

I agree 100%. Source first, and not in the sense that you want to invest everything you have in the source, but simply in that the amps and transducers are there to do justice to the source and to capture it as accurately as possible. They need to get out of the way and let the source sing as intended. Warmth, musicality, tonal richness, fluidity, these are all things that are there in music to begin with, and a truly accurate source will be able to capture all of that and not sound dry, analytical, and lifeless (unless that's how the music was recorded). Then, all you need is to add transducers and amps that are as faithful as possible to the original signal without adding anything of their own, and you will get results that are pure magic.

There's no alchemy here. Just good source + accurate amps + accurate transducers, and clean sufficient power. That's it.

May 22, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #83 of 94
Tell that to all the kids running P-51s from their Ipods into D7000s or whatever.
New kids should check out some of the knowledgeable posts in this forum.

Anyways, I really need to check out the Headamp room next week. Hopefully the BHSE/Sony combo will let the O2s rock. Also, I hope Justin will have a metal SACD on hand. =)

May 22, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #84 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell that to all the kids running P-51s from their Ipods into D7000s or whatever.
New kids should check out some of the knowledgeable posts in this forum.\

I agree, but we all have to start somewhere, and often with a rather limited cash flow.

I started with an ipod mini and apple earbuds
redface.gif

...But I've bought/ordered the OIImkI and BHSE w/ Alps RK50 without hearing either one of them
o2smile.gif

May 22, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #85 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree, but we all have to start somewhere, and often with a rather limited cash flow.

I started with an ipod mini and apple earbuds
redface.gif

...But I've bought/ordered the OIImkI and BHSE w/ Alps RK50 without hearing either one of them
o2smile.gif

Damn, you're just jocking Justin's entire system at that point.
o2smile.gif

Well, my point was that kids always spend way too much on headphones, because they don't understand what a source is. I was at that point as recently as 2 years ago. Heh...

Edit: I think I figured out why that stuff bothers me now. It's because kids will recommend crappy setups to newer kids.

May 23, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #87 of 94
Quote:

Anyways, I really need to check out the Headamp room next week. Hopefully the BHSE/Sony combo will let the O2s rock. Also, I hope Justin will have a metal SACD on hand. =)

I think the only album I have that would count as metal would be Metallica - Ride the Lightning, which is a regular CD. Was that ever released on MFSL?

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
May 23, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #88 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the only album I have that would count as metal would be Metallica - Ride the Lightning, which is a regular CD. Was that ever released on MFSL?

Ride the Lightning might be my favorite Metallica album! AFAIK, there's no MFSL version, but I don't usually search for different versions of everything either. I know Hoffman did DCC Gold CDs of Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets; I'd just always assumed those were the pinnacle of Metallica mastering...

May 24, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #90 of 94
Quote:

I'm not going to tell them anything. They're not going to listen. I've already wasted enough time and long-winded posts trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back