Beyerdynamics DTX 35s?
Apr 11, 2011 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RLembke

New Head-Fier
Does anyone have any experience with the Beyer DTX 35s?  HeadRoom has a glowing review of these guys and for the price over at Amazon, I pulled the trigger on a set.  

I won't dare classify myself as an audiophile in circles such as Head-Fi but I've experienced some of the better headphones out there.  Compared to my current line up of iGrados and Senn HD 580s, I can't classify these Beyers as anything but terrible.  Harsh highs, weak lows....I just don't get them at all.  

Has anyone played with these phones before?  Unless someone says these things might be saved by a miraculous burn-in, these babies are going back.  If anyone has any comments at all, I'd love to hear em.

Thanks!

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 5
The price point at HeadRoom and the style caught my attention.  My iGrados have developed a temperamental short in the cable and I'm looking at other options in that category.  

Given that I've been quite impressed with the iGrados, I was also pretty impressed with how HeadRoom rated the DTX35s by comparison.  When I found them at Amazon for $30, I thought maybe I'd found a deal.  Thinking not so much....

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #4 of 5
I made the mistake of trying them. Run away. Everyone run away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back