Beyerdynamics Burn-in question
Jul 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

unaverage

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, my Beyerdynamics DT 990 Pro 250 ohms are currently being shipped and will arrive soon. I plan on immediately beginning the burn in process once I receive them. With them, I am also receiving the FiiO e7 amp. So, the question is... when I am burning in my headphones, should they be connected to the Amp as well or should I just have them be connected to my computer? I will be using the "biwavegen" program as well as a mix of songs I listen to during the burn in if this matters at all. Thanks!

P.S. I did take a look at the thread for burning in FAQs but did not find any question that would answer this.

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 3
In my opinion, it doesn't really matter what you plug them into during burn in. One way to accomplish burn in is to play music a bit louder than normal listening volume. If you can achieve that volume from your computer, then you should be fine using only that for burn in. With all my headphones, I've never noticed any differences from before and after burn in. But I can't speak for those Beyers though, since I don't have them.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 3
It doesn't matter what you plug them into as long as the volume is a bit higher than your listening volume (as the previous poster stated).

I would advise against using software like biwavegen to burn-in these headphones though as headphones are not designed to handle the sort of sound that is generated by them. You might even damage your headphones. It is far better just to burn in with the music you listen to. Preferably with them on your head, as burn-in in mostly actually brain burn-in, where our brains get used to the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back