Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jul 15, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #2,821 of 2,944
That's exactly where my research about it was leading me to, that is Evo's neutrality, precise bass, I feel like it can be a good accompany to Xelento, by being different, yet top in it's own game, I also wanted to try out multi BAs and figured EVO should be the top implemantation. Thanks for your feedback regarding the two.
Can't go wrong with Etymotic! They remain an exceptionally engineering driven company.Tuning consistency like no one else in the business.

If you want to go multi BA, it would be worth considering their sibling brand Westone. The new universal Mach series were designed under Etymotic people and have a similar form factor to Xelento and Evo. The Mach 60 in particular is quite pleasant. It's currently available with a bundled Ifi Go Pod for the same MSRP that matches Xelento 2, which is an awesome deal. They come with IPX connectors, just like Evo, so switching between the TWS and included superBax cable should be super easy.

If you do get the Evo, make sure to consider getting an upgrade cable. Both the superBax and ultraBax are much nicer than stock.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #2,822 of 2,944
Bought a pair airpods in april,most for fun.Not used pods since the 90’s when I owned a walkman :)
It is a easy way to listen to music.Like it so much that I considering to buy some better IEM’s
Since I’m Beyerdynamic fan. Xelento looks like a good choice.
sale: 1000euro incl freight..
Mmm…Trying not to own too much gear…

Jul 18, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #2,824 of 2,944
Jul 19, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #2,826 of 2,944
So they come with 4 wax grills?
2 mounted and 2 spare?

Is it possible to buy single pair replacement eartips?

Jul 24, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #2,827 of 2,944
Sorry to hear that. Personally, I've had excellent customer service from beyerdynamic north america, has issues with og Xelento and Amiron wireless.
I'm glad to hear that. Makes me wonder what is going on there now. I've never had a manufacturer completely ignore emails, not even offering the courtesy of a simple response. It's not just Beyerdynamic, but also the dealer from which I bought them, Headphone Bar. Initially, they didn't respond for a week, but then they stopped writing back entirely and I had to deal with Beyer directly. Never doing business there again. Unfortunate that such a terrible experience should mar what is otherwise a great product.

18 weeks now without my Xelento.

Jul 24, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #2,828 of 2,944
Ther
So they come with 4 wax grills?
2 mounted and 2 spare?

Is it possible to buy single pair replacement eartips?
There were two spares in the box along with a microfiber cloth, as far as your minor accessories go.

Jul 24, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #2,829 of 2,944
I'm glad to hear that. Makes me wonder what is going on there now. I've never had a manufacturer completely ignore emails, not even offering the courtesy of a simple response. It's not just Beyerdynamic, but also the dealer from which I bought them, Headphone Bar. Initially, they didn't respond for a week, but then they stopped writing back entirely and I had to deal with Beyer directly. Never doing business there again. Unfortunate that such a terrible experience should mar what is otherwise a great product.

18 weeks now without my Xelento.
Headphone Bar is awful, I'm never ordering from them again.

Pm'd you a contact that helped me out at Beyerdynamic.

Hope it works out for you.

Jul 25, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #2,830 of 2,944
Hey,

i've got my xelento 1st gen since few weeks now and I plan to get a balanced cable for it (because I could try it out with the default balance cable of the T9EI and it sounded Iood).
could anyone please suggest a good cable?
I bought a purple furukawa cable so far, but it's disappointing, with this one the soundstage narrowed a little, it got more warmth (which not necessarily bad, it can be good, depending on the mood) and the microdetails faded a little (imho it's because the warmer sound overall)

I want a balanced cable which:

- expands the soundstage (the T9EI's cable did this),
- alters the sound the same way as the default cable of the xelento, or makes a little bit warmer, but by no means meakes it brighter,
- maybe gives a tighter bass, or even more microdetails,
- and of course doesn't have horrendous pricing.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Aug 5, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #2,831 of 2,944
Hey,

i've got my xelento 1st gen since few weeks now and I plan to get a balanced cable for it (because I could try it out with the default balance cable of the T9EI and it sounded Iood).
could anyone please suggest a good cable?
I bought a purple furukawa cable so far, but it's disappointing, with this one the soundstage narrowed a little, it got more warmth (which not necessarily bad, it can be good, depending on the mood) and the microdetails faded a little (imho it's because the warmer sound overall)

I want a balanced cable which:

- expands the soundstage (the T9EI's cable did this),
- alters the sound the same way as the default cable of the xelento, or makes a little bit warmer, but by no means meakes it brighter,
- maybe gives a tighter bass, or even more microdetails,
- and of course doesn't have horrendous pricing.

Thanks for the help in advance!
I have these - https://campfireaudio.com/shop/campfire-audio-pure-silver-litz-cable/ on both Gen1 & 2 Xelentos. To my ears ,they take them to another level and are an excellent match.I'm using them with Sony WM1A & Z on 4.4 balanced.I had a slight fit problem with the MMCX connectors,occasional dropouts on the right hand unit The Beyer stock cables have a very precise fit.Star washers ,which I bought from Linum Denmark,fixed the issue.This ,by all accounts ,is a common issue with aftermarket MMCX cables.

Aug 18, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #2,832 of 2,944
I'm happy to report that Beyerdynamic came through with my Xelento 2nd gen. After almost half a year of my unit being in repair limbo and being repeatedly told that there is a delay in getting replacement parts, they finally just sent me a new pair altogether. It was only after being ignored for a month when using their main customer contact that I tried another one, only to be notified of the delay yet again, leading me to plead for an actual resolution. Despite the considerable difficulty with their customer service, I'm just happy to have them in my ears again. I really can't recommend them enough.

Aug 20, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #2,833 of 2,944
yes, I know. I just linked the pic that on the fake one the serial no. is engraved as well.
on the other hand meanwhile I was looking on aliexpress where you can find the "newest" fakes for sure, and now that "mistake" with the "NO" is corrected now (it's a photo from a buyer, listing: aliexpress ), but the "beyerdynamic ))))" text is tilted a little bit:

A9d9f5c47dd5c4a08bcdb5abdf700906ae[1].jpg
They have the same series with my iems 😐😲
The series didn't have to be individual for each pair manufactured
?

Attachments

• 20230820_105945.jpg
    20230820_105945.jpg
    914.8 KB · Views: 0
Aug 20, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #2,834 of 2,944
1 pair=1 product= 1 serial number?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread