Driver Flex
Aug 17, 2016 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

voxie

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

My Trinity Delta's have developed some sort of "clipping" for want of a better word on the RHS driver.Have been reading up on the forums about  driver flex but cannot get a definitive answer. not may i say that this is the prob with my Delta's per say. Can anybody explain what driver flex is? Thanks and keep well.

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #2 of 8
  Hi guys,

My Trinity Delta's have developed some sort of "clipping" for want of a better word on the RHS driver.Have been reading up on the forums about  driver flex but cannot get a definitive answer. not may i say that this is the prob with my Delta's per say. Can anybody explain what driver flex is? Thanks and keep well.

Driver flex is when the driver bends due to the pressure of air against it. Usually it occurs when you're inserting the iem in your ear. When, upon insertion, the air that is inside has nowhere to go (no vents) or can't escape quickly enough, it builds pressure and the diaphragm bends, producing a click sound. It can also occur when removing the piece from the ear. Basically when there's a sudden flow of air.

Usually it's not a serious issue and it won't damage your drivers although this is a constantly discussed topic since it makes any owner nervous.

Which version of the deltas do you have? I have the delta v2 but i don't have any driver flex with it. Both versions are vented as far as i know but driver flex can still exist if the vent is not big enough to allow the air to escape at once. You can also message Trinity about this, Bob will take care of it.

Anyway if what you're experiencing is truly driver flex, when inserting and removing you can use a technique to minimize the effect. You have to pull your ear up so it would have more space when inserting the earphone, avoiding the flow of air. (Step 3 of the following pic)

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 8
Hi Pedronet, Thank you so much for your detailed and comprehensive answer. My question is now answered. Have been onto Bob / Jake and will return them today.. Its the Delta v1. BTW how is the braided cable on the V2 standing up to daily wear? 

On another note, just back from your wonderful country the eight year in a row. Man, the Portuguese flag at the Eduardo V11 Park is very impressive!!

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #4 of 8
braided cable frays when you pull it on zipper and the hole vent at back of iem collects dirt easily cause that's how you push it may be that's why your iem crinkles?

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #5 of 8
@myemaildw maybe so. But in general i am quite careful with them due to the inherent design of braided cables. Ie prone to getting tangled and unraveling, this imo is the achilles heel of the Deltas V1.

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #6 of 8
  Hi Pedronet, Thank you so much for your detailed and comprehensive answer. My question is now answered. Have been onto Bob / Jake and will return them today.. Its the Delta v1. BTW how is the braided cable on the V2 standing up to daily wear? 

On another note, just back from your wonderful country the eight year in a row. Man, the Portuguese flag at the Eduardo V11 Park is very impressive!!

Well so far so good but i noticed that i have to be careful with it because it's not tangle proof and when you're untangling it you have to do it slowly, since the cables are thin, i'm afraid they become loose from each other. Other than that they seem sturdy to me 
smily_headphones1.gif
 although i treat them as if they were made of porcelain x)
Another thing that may relief you on that subject is that the v2 has detachable cables so you know that if you somehow manage to damage the cable you can always replace it.

Eight year in the row?? Wow you must really like this country huh? 
tongue.gif
 I'm really glad you liked it. I love that park, although it's in a messy city x) I hope i can visit your country too at least once, i heard some really good things about it. Had some friends working there too 
wink.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #7 of 8
The fact that the V2 come with a detachable cable is a huge plus.On a side point i have the RHA 750i's and love them for build sq and cable but that's just my view. Re your great country.. i love the people and been an avid sailor you cant get anywhere better
beerchug.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #8 of 8
  The fact that the V2 come with a detachable cable is a huge plus.On a side point i have the RHA 750i's and love them for build sq and cable but that's just my view. Re your great country.. i love the people and been an avid sailor you cant get anywhere better
beerchug.gif

Yeah i understand that. Sometimes detachable cables just get in the way (damage in the connectors and stuff like that), but the main reason i didn't buy the delta v1 was because of those tiny cable junctions in the iem. Those connections looked so fragile it made me a little nervous.
You're a sailor? Wow 
biggrin.gif
 i just can't stand the deep waters, so scary and cold xD but i admire who can 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back