Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jun 23, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #2,806 of 2,944
i see. thanks for the answer. so basically the s/n "No" part which can be seen in a photo (anyone can include a genuine comply pack :) )

the s/n is engraved on the fake ones too as i see :/
AaBZZ8w[1].jpeg

is there any info/list of known fake serial nrs.?
Whoa, correct me if I'm wrong. I zoomed in on one of the buds and says 'SERIAL NO' with capital O. This is counterfeit if ever, should be 'No.'

Jun 23, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #2,807 of 2,944
Whoa, correct me if I'm wrong. I zoomed in on one of the buds and says 'SERIAL NO' with capital O. This is counterfeit if ever, should be 'No.'

yes, I know. I just linked the pic that on the fake one the serial no. is engraved as well.
on the other hand meanwhile I was looking on aliexpress where you can find the "newest" fakes for sure, and now that "mistake" with the "NO" is corrected now (it's a photo from a buyer, listing: aliexpress ), but the "beyerdynamic ))))" text is tilted a little bit:

A9d9f5c47dd5c4a08bcdb5abdf700906ae[1].jpg

Attachments

• A9d9f5c47dd5c4a08bcdb5abdf700906ae[1].jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 0
Jun 23, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #2,808 of 2,944
yes, I know. I just linked the pic that on the fake one the serial no. is engraved as well.
on the other hand meanwhile I was looking on aliexpress where you can find the "newest" fakes for sure, and now that "mistake" with the "NO" is corrected now (it's a photo from a buyer, listing: aliexpress ), but the "beyerdynamic ))))" text is tilted a little bit:

This one's too obvious. Anyway, here's mine for reference that has the black box.
20210716_230442_HDR.jpg

20210716_230432.jpg

Jun 24, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #2,811 of 2,944
Hi everyone, lovin' my 2nd generation though might I ask if any of you use other eartips? Weirdly enough, the default XL eartips fit me but seal comes a bit loose (lesser bass impact) after around 10mins or more of listening. The nozzle is oval-shaped so not sure which aftermarket tips work best for you. Lastly, I just don't want to go the foam route as well.

IMG_20230608_193753.jpg

Jul 5, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #2,813 of 2,944
Beyerdynamic officially has the worst customer service I've ever come across. Don't expect them to help if you have problems after buying a $1000 product. They are outright ignoring me when I try to contact them.

It is now four months since I sent them my Xelento and nothing. They may as well have just stolen money from me instead.

Just a word of caution.

Jul 14, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #2,814 of 2,944
Today I got my Xelento 2nd gen remote.

Wow, just wow, it sounds so good.

Comparing it to my IE600, I can say that ear fit comfort is just day and night, with Xelento it feels like you put some cotton in your ears and you can easily forget that you wear it and immerse yourself into music, while with IE 600, I always feel that something is stuck in my ears, to a point of discomfort and often I have to twiddle it a bit to relieve my ears, Xelento fits so smooth.

Sound representation is more open, wider and clear, while bass, mids and treble seem to be represented similarly, but that openness sensation, which Xelento gives, makes music sound relaxing and immersive, while not losing any details, IE600 sounds congested after listening to Xelento.

Both tested with their stock silicon ear-tips. Was driving it with W4 dongle, balanced 4.4, loudness matched, which is btw about 10-11 numerical clicks difference between the two on W4's numerical volume indicator, Xelento being louder aka more sensitive, hence needing less volume and I'm writing it now without actually checking their sensitivity specs, 100% positive it checks out with my experience.

Tested both listening to Pat Metheny The Falcon and the Snowman album. With Xelento it is immersive experience, it's just you and the music around you, highly relaxing sensation, while with IE 600 it is the music and IEMs in your ears, no way I can ignore it being in my ears, day and night difference between the two. Best way I think to put it is with Xelento music is around you, with IE600 music is in your head, plus IEMs in your ears.

Considering that IE600 costed me around 600 euros, I can say that Xelento is worth every single cent of it's asking price, I was doubting whether I should buy it, but it blew me away straight up, I'm new to IEMs, always dreaded that "in your head" sound sensation, but that was 15 years ago in my past experience I was carrying of using earbuds, not IEMs.

So I was doubting to buy it after IE600, thinking it might be just a bit different, didn't think that it will sound so immersive and have "transparent" cotton like comfort, now I'm hooked, didn't expect IEMs to sound this good, now I'll be looking to get Etymotic EVO, because I've been reading a lot of good things about it.

This reviewer helped to pull the trigger on Xelento

Jul 14, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #2,815 of 2,944
Beyerdynamic officially has the worst customer service I've ever come across. Don't expect them to help if you have problems after buying a $1000 product. They are outright ignoring me when I try to contact them.

It is now four months since I sent them my Xelento and nothing. They may as well have just stolen money from me instead.

Just a word of caution.
Sorry to hear that. Personally, I've had excellent customer service from beyerdynamic north america, has issues with og Xelento and Amiron wireless.

Jul 14, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #2,816 of 2,944
tws og
20230714_141241.jpg

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #2,818 of 2,944
Beyer + Fostex <3

How did you find the TM2 IEMs? I've always been a bit tempted by them, but I'm quite happy with my Beyer Freebyrds for now (at least this is what I tell myself).
Got tm2c from UK eBay seller, check out this listing: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/203946858649

Definitely feeling this pairing. Tm2c sounds much better than fiio utws3 and og Xelento wireless module. Simple, yet effective 5-band eq through the app.

Og Xelento is just an excellent iem for tws adapters, it's so light and easy to position for good comfort. Being easy to drive and not being very source picky matters, too.

Jul 15, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #2,819 of 2,944
Today I got my Xelento 2nd gen remote.

Wow, just wow, it sounds so good.

Comparing it to my IE600, I can say that ear fit comfort is just day and night, with Xelento it feels like you put some cotton in your ears and you can easily forget that you wear it and immerse yourself into music, while with IE 600, I always feel that something is stuck in my ears, to a point of discomfort and often I have to twiddle it a bit to relieve my ears, Xelento fits so smooth.

Sound representation is more open, wider and clear, while bass, mids and treble seem to be represented similarly, but that openness sensation, which Xelento gives, makes music sound relaxing and immersive, while not losing any details, IE600 sounds congested after listening to Xelento.

Both tested with their stock silicon ear-tips. Was driving it with W4 dongle, balanced 4.4, loudness matched, which is btw about 10-11 numerical clicks difference between the two on W4's numerical volume indicator, Xelento being louder aka more sensitive, hence needing less volume and I'm writing it now without actually checking their sensitivity specs, 100% positive it checks out with my experience.

Tested both listening to Pat Metheny The Falcon and the Snowman album. With Xelento it is immersive experience, it's just you and the music around you, highly relaxing sensation, while with IE 600 it is the music and IEMs in your ears, no way I can ignore it being in my ears, day and night difference between the two. Best way I think to put it is with Xelento music is around you, with IE600 music is in your head, plus IEMs in your ears.

Considering that IE600 costed me around 600 euros, I can say that Xelento is worth every single cent of it's asking price, I was doubting whether I should buy it, but it blew me away straight up, I'm new to IEMs, always dreaded that "in your head" sound sensation, but that was 15 years ago in my past experience I was carrying of using earbuds, not IEMs.

So I was doubting to buy it after IE600, thinking it might be just a bit different, didn't think that it will sound so immersive and have "transparent" cotton like comfort, now I'm hooked, didn't expect IEMs to sound this good, now I'll be looking to get Etymotic EVO, because I've been reading a lot of good things about it.

This reviewer helped to pull the trigger on Xelento

I have the etymotic EVO and the Xelento 2. Gen and I love the sound on both of them in different ways.

The EVO is the reference type sound with tight but much less bass than the xelento. Switching back and forth the Evo might sound less fun and less engaging and the Xelento bass is sometimes too overwhelming if you switch the other way.

Also the Evo’s soundstage is not as expansive as Xelento. The wearing comfort of the Xelento cannot be matched by the Evo in my ears.

So, two very different types of sound but each does its own philosophy very well. In many ways these two are from different worlds but for different purposes they are both top class.

Jul 15, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #2,820 of 2,944
I have the etymotic EVO and the Xelento 2. Gen and I love the sound on both of them in different ways.

The EVO is the reference type sound with tight but much less bass than the xelento. Switching back and forth the Evo might sound less fun and less engaging and the Xelento bass is sometimes too overwhelming if you switch the other way.

Also the Evo’s soundstage is not as expansive as Xelento. The wearing comfort of the Xelento cannot be matched by the Evo in my ears.

So, two very different types of sound but each does its own philosophy very well. In many ways these two are from different worlds but for different purposes they are both top class.
That's exactly where my research about it was leading me to, that is Evo's neutrality, precise bass, I feel like it can be a good accompany to Xelento, by being different, yet top in it's own game, I also wanted to try out multi BAs and figured EVO should be the top implemantation. Thanks for your feedback regarding the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back