Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jan 29, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #2,386 of 2,944
KakaoTalk_20220129_142401026.jpg

I tried IE900 for 7 months, and I decided to sell it. Because slightly recessed midrange sometimes bothers me.

It is clear that IE900 is more than half a step ahead of Xelento in performance(more correct, more clear, more complete)

However, I think more attractive tone tuning simply reverses performance differences.

I think immersion is the most important thing in choosing IEM.

I think the way many reviewers break down into factors such as imaging, resolution, tone tuning, transient, dynamic, seperation, and layering is ultimately an attempt to measure immersion. (The proportion of tone tuning and imaging is very large for the immersion I think)

For example, a strong sibilant or a very small stage interferes with the sense of immersion in music.

Tia Trio and IE900 have better performance and more accurate tone tuning than Sarda and Xelento.

However, Xelento and Sarda are the IEMs that give me a little more musical pleasure and immersion.

Professional reviewers should explain the cause(of the immersion) by dividing it into factors such as resolution, imaging, and bass quality, compare it with other IEMs, or describe the sounds of multiple instruments.

However, music eventually plays the harmony (synergy) of various instruments,
and IEM also plays music through the harmony(synergy) of various factors(resolutin, tuning, imaging, etc.).

Xelento has a slightly narrower stage than other TOTL IEMs, lacks a little presence and clarity of the vocal, and tone tuning feels far from flat.

However, delicious bass, unique and attractive tone tuning, proper tonal balance that is neither heavy nor light, and beyer's beautiful image presentation maximizes Xelento's immersion.

In conclusion, I like Xelento more than IE900, and if beyer releases a new flagship IEM, I'm willing to buy it without worrying.

Now I'm interested in Dorado 2020, and when I listen to comparison, it's heavier and more bass-oriented than Xelento. (The amount of Xelento's bass and treble is so well balanced that it does not sound heavy or light.)

I own and use IE900 and Xelento .. I would say both need some little PEQ with increasing a bit mids and lower a bit lows to be at their best.

Jan 30, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #2,387 of 2,944
I own and use IE900 and Xelento .. I would say both need some little PEQ with increasing a bit mids and lower a bit lows to be at their best.

KakaoTalk_20220129_142401026.jpg

I tried IE900 for 7 months, and I decided to sell it. Because slightly recessed midrange sometimes bothers me.

It is clear that IE900 is more than half a step ahead of Xelento in performance(more correct, more clear, more complete)

However, I think more attractive tone tuning simply reverses performance differences.

I think immersion is the most important thing in choosing IEM.

I think the way many reviewers break down into factors such as imaging, resolution, tone tuning, transient, dynamic, seperation, and layering is ultimately an attempt to measure immersion. (The proportion of tone tuning and imaging is very large for the immersion I think)

For example, a strong sibilant or a very small stage interferes with the sense of immersion in music.

Tia Trio and IE900 have better performance and more accurate tone tuning than Sarda and Xelento.

However, Xelento and Sarda are the IEMs that give me a little more musical pleasure and immersion.

Professional reviewers should explain the cause(of the immersion) by dividing it into factors such as resolution, imaging, and bass quality, compare it with other IEMs, or describe the sounds of multiple instruments.

However, music eventually plays the harmony (synergy) of various instruments,
and IEM also plays music through the harmony(synergy) of various factors(resolutin, tuning, imaging, etc.).

Xelento has a slightly narrower stage than other TOTL IEMs, lacks a little presence and clarity of the vocal, and tone tuning feels far from flat.

However, delicious bass, unique and attractive tone tuning, proper tonal balance that is neither heavy nor light, and beyer's beautiful image presentation maximizes Xelento's immersion.

In conclusion, I like Xelento more than IE900, and if beyer releases a new flagship IEM, I'm willing to buy it without worrying.

Now I'm interested in Dorado 2020, and when I listen to comparison, it's heavier and more bass-oriented than Xelento. (The amount of Xelento's bass and treble is so well balanced that it does not sound heavy or light.)
So, the IE900 will be better for critical listening while the Xelento will be more enjoyable because of better tone and immersion?

Jan 30, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #2,388 of 2,944
My only complaint to Xelento, after 2 year of usage, is the driver flex on the left side, I fear eventually it would fail, or, break the LR SQ balance.

Jan 30, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #2,389 of 2,944
Feb 25, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #2,391 of 2,944
After my last purchase I've been hiding in my cave and thinking I wouldn't be posting in head-fi for eternity. Except I just upgraded my almost 5-year old Samsung phone to something that doesn't have a headphone jack. I thought oh maybe I'll get over it since I have a Chord Mojo that I can attach to the phone... but nopes it's quite bulky and inconvenient (accidentally tripping the cable between the phone - Mojo, accidentally pressing the buttons on the Mojo, not having a packet on my sweater...) so now I'm here looking for a wireless solution. Would actually be nice if there's some bluetooth data only dongle I could attach to my Mojo that doesnt cost $700 (Poly <.<).

There's the Xelento wireless cable but it's quite steep at $300. I'm looking for alternatives.

Leaning towards Qudelix 5k at the moment. Then perhaps a short 2.5mm balanced cable for the Xelento

Feb 25, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #2,392 of 2,944
After my last purchase I've been hiding in my cave and thinking I wouldn't be posting in head-fi for eternity. Except I just upgraded my almost 5-year old Samsung phone to something that doesn't have a headphone jack. I thought oh maybe I'll get over it since I have a Chord Mojo that I can attach to the phone... but nopes it's quite bulky and inconvenient (accidentally tripping the cable between the phone - Mojo, accidentally pressing the buttons on the Mojo, not having a packet on my sweater...) so now I'm here looking for a wireless solution. Would actually be nice if there's some bluetooth data only dongle I could attach to my Mojo that doesnt cost $700 (Poly <.<).

There's the Xelento wireless cable but it's quite steep at $300. I'm looking for alternatives.

Leaning towards Qudelix 5k at the moment. Then perhaps a short 2.5mm balanced cable for the Xelento

For sure Quedlix 5K + Xelento + autoEQ with some more little PEQ Adjustments => 3.5mm or a short balanced 2.5mm (30cm to 50cm) ... is an impressive combo assuming the smartphone can handle LDAC Bluetooth ( => it means no iphone).

Feb 25, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #2,393 of 2,944
For sure Quedlix 5K + Xelento + autoEQ with some more little PEQ Adjustments => 3.5mm or a short balanced 2.5mm (30cm to 50cm) ... is an impressive combo assuming the smartphone can handle LDAC Bluetooth ( => it means no iphone).
I was actually thinking of tagging you earlier after I saw your signature! I got the Samsung S22 Ultra and just checked now that it supports LDAC. I've been out of date with these bluetooth stuff but looks like they've significantly improved over the past 5 years. You prefer the Qudelix over the ifi GO?

Feb 25, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #2,394 of 2,944
I was actually thinking of tagging you earlier after I saw your signature! I got the Samsung S22 Ultra and just checked now that it supports LDAC. I've been out of date with these bluetooth stuff but looks like they've significantly improved over the past 5 years. You prefer the Qudelix over the ifi GO?

Yeeeees .. I returned after a month the iFi Go blu as when I used it in a very quiet environment at low level volume with the Xelento or the IE900, I could catch some amp hiss between tracks or when music has some pause.. it was too annoying/disturbing with Hires Tracks.
The Samsung S22 for sure have LDAC, and like my Samsung Galaxy Fold 3, can even allow some system EQ with AutoEQ appliable to Qobuz, Amazon Music HD, .... which can help to save some battery of the Qudelix 5K when you don't activate the DSP part.

I just ordered yesterday a new Qudelix 5K as I expect some more battery lifetime with the new proc of the Qudelix. My actual Qudelix (after 2 years) is limited to a 6/7 hours use which is too short for a typical full day.
I expect with a better battery management to reach10 to 12 hours like the ifi Go blu could do.. but with no hiss in a very quiet environment.

Feb 25, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #2,395 of 2,944
Yeeeees .. I returned after a month the iFi Go blu as when I used it in a very quiet environment at low level volume with the Xelento or the IE900, I could catch some amp hiss between tracks or when music has some pause.. it was too annoying/disturbing with Hires Tracks.
The Samsung S22 for sure have LDAC, and like my Samsung Galaxy Fold 3, can even allow some system EQ with AutoEQ appliable to Qobuz, Amazon Music HD, .... which can help to save some battery of the Qudelix 5K when you don't activate the DSP part.

I just ordered yesterday a new Qudelix 5K as I expect some more battery lifetime with the new proc of the Qudelix. My actual Qudelix (after 2 years) is limited to a 6/7 hours use which is too short for a typical full day.
I expect with a better battery management to reach10 to 12 hours like the ifi Go blu could do.. but with no hiss in a very quiet environment.

alrighty I'll give the Qudelix a try. hiss is definitely a deal breaker for me. thanks for the info! Will research on 2.5mm balanced cable tomorrow

Feb 25, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #2,396 of 2,944
If you want to baby your Xelentos...

Screenshot_20220225-225227_AliExpress.jpg

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtSwRhI

Mar 3, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #2,397 of 2,944

Qudelix just arrived this morning. Was doing testing against the headphone jack of my old phone and the Qudelix was sounding worse. I thought, "this can't be right". Checked bluetooth setting and found LDAC setting. Voila! Significant improvement with LDAC turned on.

Now I'm wondering if a balanced 2.5mm cable would give any significant improvement. I think the stock cable is already silver wire.

Jul 26, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #2,399 of 2,944
It seems a lot like they are clearing out inventory on the Xelento, I wonder if there will be a Beyer branded successor (not sure if there's already a next gen Beyer OEM'd Astell and Kern)?

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #2,400 of 2,944
It seems a lot like they are clearing out inventory on the Xelento, I wonder if there will be a Beyer branded successor (not sure if there's already a next gen Beyer OEM'd Astell and Kern)?
There is, yes - the AK T9ie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back