Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Dec 22, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #2,191 of 2,944
BUT with these tips, there is almost not possible to fiddle with different cables. Any better quality cable I've tried were too stiff for this shallower fit and it was pulling out the phones. It would be awesome to get balanced cable with exactly same construction as the stock cable. But after dozens of hours spent on searching and sending back many cables i was forced to stick to the stock one. Which i really like but no balanced option available.

Dec 22, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #2,192 of 2,944
When it comes to the tips for Xelento I actually went back to the stock ones. Im using 3xl. I've tried cp100 L and many others from Sony and other companies. For me the stock ones sound the best in terms of naturalness and especially soundstage. I like the fit and the sound with cp 100 but the soundstage gets narrower and the vocals are tiny bit less natural, even tho the mids are more pronounced. And for me they sound the best when they aren't inserted deeply in ear canal. That's why i find them best with 3x L because big silicone part isolates very very good with this shallower fit. The best soundstage I've heard. Very wide, with out of the head impression and the best bass slam. I'm feeling that with this setup they sound like they were intended to.

Interesting, I’ll made several A/B comparisons when I’ll received my spinfit tips (I have ordered M and L).
I agree that Xelento sounstage and comfort are very nice, I wouldn’t want to kill them.

Dec 22, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #2,193 of 2,944
When it comes to the tips for Xelento I actually went back to the stock ones. Im using 3xl. I've tried cp100 L and many others from Sony and other companies. For me the stock ones sound the best in terms of naturalness and especially soundstage. I like the fit and the sound with cp 100 but the soundstage gets narrower and the vocals are tiny bit less natural, even tho the mids are more pronounced. And for me they sound the best when they aren't inserted deeply in ear canal. That's why i find them best with 3x L because big silicone part isolates very very good with this shallower fit. The best soundstage I've heard. Very wide, with out of the head impression and the best bass slam. I'm feeling that with this setup they sound like they were intended to.

Incredible, I tried 3XL tips, sound has improved greatly : more authoritative, more large, more natural ! And comfort is even better !

You were right, xelento does not need to be inserted deeply, and so 3XL tips work wonderfully.

I begin to have a bit of experience in audio, and I can say that Xelento is certainly TOTL, what is impressive is soundstage, in fact you feel you are listening to a headphone, certainly not an iem.

Thank you again RIGATIO !

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #2,194 of 2,944
Incredible, I tried 3XL tips, sound has improved greatly : more authoritative, more large, more natural ! And comfort is even better !

You were right, xelento does not need to be inserted deeply, and so 3XL tips work wonderfully.

I begin to have a bit of experience in audio, and I can say that Xelento is certainly TOTL, what is impressive is soundstage, in fact you feel you are listening to a headphone, certainly not an iem.

Thank you again RIGATIO !
Feeling happy that it worked for you!

Dec 22, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #2,195 of 2,944
eartips.png

Not much difference in FR between the SednaEarfit XELASTEC tips and the stock Beyer eartips. (I suspect because both tip bores are quite wide.) Biggest difference in sound is with the Cp100 SpinFit eartips.
Whatever works best for your ears...

Dec 22, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #2,196 of 2,944
Hi Everyone !
just received my Xelento Remote yesterday yo pair them with AK Kann Alpha DAP.
These IEMs sound fantastic, at first I took the wrong tips (silicon / L) and was pretty disappointed. Then I switched to silicon / XL, and Foam L after that, which seems to me the best match for my ears. Of course, I am testing them since 24hrs only, so it's early to give a final judgement but so far I am really impressed.
I only wished the cable was a bit thicker because I find it easy to tangle.
To that extent, I just ordered a Fiio LC 4.4D balanced cable to test that with the Kann ....curious to see if that will shape the sound differently from the single end stock cable...
Congratulations! I love my Xelento also.
The only complaint I have is the driver flex on the left side, in the beginning I use the foam tips and they are very tight (for fuller sound of course), but the insert process causes the click sound, I worry that in the long term this would damage the left side.
Now I switched to silicone tips, they also provide good fit but avoided the air push.
Just FYI, hopefully you won't have any driver flex problem.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #2,197 of 2,944
Congratulations! I love my Xelento also.
The only complaint I have is the driver flex on the left side, in the beginning I use the foam tips and they are very tight (for fuller sound of course), but the insert process causes the click sound, I worry that in the long term this would damage the left side.
Now I switched to silicone tips, they also provide good fit but avoided the air push.
Just FYI, hopefully you won't have any driver flex problem.
Hi there,
What do you mean by driver flex?

Dec 23, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #2,198 of 2,944
Hi there,
What do you mean by driver flex?
The driver flex is that the driver is not entirely fixed in the housing, and can be moved when air pressure is applied to the driver.
I don't have this problem in the beginning, after a few days I began noticing this problem. Then I switched to silicon tips for them I can insert without pushing air into ear canal.

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #2,199 of 2,944
Do you guys know if the sound quality is the same on the wired vs wireless version of these headphones?

I'm not able to find the wired version in stock, but found the wireless version, and the wireless version includes a cable to make it a wired connection.

I'm just wondering if I used the wireless version and then attached the cable to it that makes it wired, will it be the exact same as if I bought the wired version to begin with?

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #2,200 of 2,944
Do you guys know if the sound quality is the same on the wired vs wireless version of these headphones?

I'm not able to find the wired version in stock, but found the wireless version, and the wireless version includes a cable to make it a wired connection.

I'm just wondering if I used the wireless version and then attached the cable to it that makes it wired, will it be the exact same as if I bought the wired version to begin with?
Wired and wireless are same IEM, wireless just comes with an extra Bluetooth cable.

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #2,201 of 2,944
Wired and wireless are same IEM, wireless just comes with an extra Bluetooth cable.

Oh. Thanks for that. Do you know if Beyer publishes that info or if anyone has tested it? The place I'm buying from has a 15% restocking fee, just curious before I make the purchase.

Otherwise do you know anywhere else I can purchase the wired version? Oddly, I can't seem to understand why the wireless version is $700 but the wired version is more expensive.

If sound is the same, only reason I prefer the wired version is that it comes with a cable that doesn't have the remote. The cable included with the bluetooth version only has the remote cable.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #2,202 of 2,944
Oh. Thanks for that. Do you know if Beyer publishes that info or if anyone has tested it? The place I'm buying from has a 15% restocking fee, just curious before I make the purchase.

Otherwise do you know anywhere else I can purchase the wired version? Oddly, I can't seem to understand why the wireless version is $700 but the wired version is more expensive.

If sound is the same, only reason I prefer the wired version is that it comes with a cable that doesn't have the remote. The cable included with the bluetooth version only has the remote cable.
I own the wireless "version ".

There's no reason to want the wired "version" over the wireless.

Both come with the same IEM. Both come with 3.5mm wired cable, I wouldn't worry about the remote on the cable it's an excellent cable regardless. Wireless "version" comes with an extra Bluetooth cable/dongle that retails for $300 usd on its own and is very good. Cables are detachable so you can try various mmcx aftermarket cables if you want.

Both "versions" have seen price fluctuations, I wouldn't worry as long as you're buying from an authorized dealer.

Dec 30, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #2,203 of 2,944
As mentioned, you can also buy these seperately. Right now the wired version is on sale in the European amazon store (~ 600 €). Bought mine for little over 500 € earlier this year.

Wired version comes with two cables, though. Straigh 3-pin 3.5mm stereo and 4-pin 3,5mm with remote and mic. The latter sales for some 99 € and isn't included in the wireless version.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #2,204 of 2,944
As mentioned, you can also buy these seperately. Right now the wired version is on sale in the European amazon store (~ 600 €). Bought mine for little over 500 € earlier this year.

Wired version comes with two cables, though. Straigh 3-pin 3.5mm stereo and 4-pin 3,5mm with remote and mic. The latter sales for some 99 € and isn't included in the wireless version.
I own the wireless version. It is included and comes with 3.5 remote cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back