Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Feb 15, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #2,221 of 2,944
Yes they do look the same with that verge review unit.
I already asked beyerdynamic on facebook a few days ago, i will reply here when i get an answer.

Have you listened to them? The sound from my Xelentos is quite amazing! It is easily comparable to my over-ear Beyerdynamic T1.2's and T5p Gen 2's. I cannot imagine fake ones would sound any good.

Feb 15, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #2,222 of 2,944
Have you listened to them? The sound from my Xelentos is quite amazing! It is easily comparable to my over-ear Beyerdynamic T1.2's and T5p Gen 2's. I cannot imagine fake ones would sound any good.
Ofc i'm listening to them whenever i can, and i like them more than my blessing 2, and what i had previously (eve20, lcd2-c, elex).
And i'd say the technical level is about the same as my blessing 2.
But then again, i've read that there are pretty good sounding fake ones out there.

Feb 17, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #2,224 of 2,944
Is there anything as comfortable as the xelento (small and light), with similar tonalty, just a bit more refined sound?
(Eyeballing hyla ce-5 but can't really get them in EU, or ier-z1r but worried about the fit)
Or i just reached my endgame?

Feb 17, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #2,225 of 2,944
Is there anything as comfortable as the xelento (small and light), with similar tonalty, just a bit more refined sound?
(Eyeballing hyla ce-5 but can't really get them in EU, or ier-z1r but worried about the fit)
I've been eyeing the new Fiio FD5, no idea how they compare but that's one comparison I would like to do. Obviously the Fiio is in a different price bracket but Fiio always seem to do good sound at a good price so who knows.

Feb 27, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #2,226 of 2,944
Picked up a 2nd hand pair of Xelentos after considering AK T9IE. Am pairing with PW 1960 2-wire 4.4 and sometimes Norne Silvergarde 4-wire pure silver. Both sound amazing the difference being the Norne adds more body and depth. In terms of soundstage width the 1960 does pretty well. Used these cables with other IEMs but wanted to hear if the Xelentos scale and they certainly do.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #2,227 of 2,944
I've been eyeing the new Fiio FD5, no idea how they compare but that's one comparison I would like to do. Obviously the Fiio is in a different price bracket but Fiio always seem to do good sound at a good price so who knows.
I bought the FD5 as a replacement for my sadly destroyed Xelentos (couldn’t afford a new pair). They’re a little bulkier than the Xs but not too much though. It’s a more airy, wider and balanced sound signature than the Xs which I’ve come to enjoy. I don’t see myself replacing them, I think they’re worth a go. I do miss the way the way the Xs used to disappear in the ear but I’m happy with these as a replacement. Currently listening to The Grudge by Tool (the only song by them I like) and I’m hearing new details I never noticed.

Mar 7, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #2,228 of 2,944
I bought the FD5 as a replacement for my sadly destroyed Xelentos (couldn’t afford a new pair). They’re a little bulkier than the Xs but not too much though. It’s a more airy, wider and balanced sound signature than the Xs which I’ve come to enjoy. I don’t see myself replacing them, I think they’re worth a go. I do miss the way the way the Xs used to disappear in the ear but I’m happy with these as a replacement. Currently listening to The Grudge by Tool (the only song by them I like) and I’m hearing new details I never noticed.
Dont you find the FD5 fatiguing?

Mar 7, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #2,229 of 2,944
I have the CE-5 and they are much larger with a very different sound signature than the Xelentos. The Technics EAH TZ700 is very small and a great single DD IEM that scales incredibly well.

Mar 24, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #2,230 of 2,944
Some albums are synergistic with specific headphones. One album that gets alongs well with Xelentos' warm sound is Leprous's "The Congregation". Amazing stuff; such an addictive experience!

Screenshot_20210324-202121.png

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #2,231 of 2,944
For a few months, I am using the Xelento every night, as they are the only one that are flat enough to allow me to sleep on the side without changing the sound on that side. With some PEQ, and used with the Qdelix 5G, I really get impressive sound results not really far from my IER-Z1R (I would say Sony'IEM goes somewhat further in lower frequencies with faster and clearer impacts) .. So, Xelento is definitely my preferred IEM for lying down.

Unfortunately, I tried to clean the protective grilles, I did it because they are 2 spares one in the box... but I could never find a way to put them without destroying both !!!
Now I am looking for some spare replacement, but I can't find them anywhere on the web and on none of the beyerdynamic website.
Any idea who is selling this ?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #2,232 of 2,944
For a few months, I am using the Xelento every night, as they are the only one that are flat enough to allow me to sleep on the side without changing the sound on that side. With some PEQ, and used with the Qdelix 5G, I really get impressive sound results not really far from my IER-Z1R (I would say Sony'IEM goes somewhat further in lower frequencies with faster and clearer impacts) .. So, Xelento is definitely my preferred IEM for lying down.

Unfortunately, I tried to clean the protective grilles, I did it because they are 2 spares one in the box... but I could never find a way to put them without destroying both !!!
Now I am looking for some spare replacement, but I can't find them anywhere on the web and on none of the beyerdynamic website.
Any idea who is selling this ?

I would advise contacting Beyerdynamic directly. Here is the email address:

help@beyerdynamic.com

You should include as much detail as possible, with pictures, model numbers, purchase date, retailer, etc.

I have done this in the past when trying to find spare Xelento silicone eartips with good results, and Beryerdynamic referred me to my local UK distributor who was able to supply them to me. Having said that I haven't been able to find any protective grilles on sale anywhere, which is why contacting Beyerdynamic might be your best choice.

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #2,233 of 2,944
I would advise contacting Beyerdynamic directly. Here is the email address:

help@beyerdynamic.com

You should include as much detail as possible, with pictures, model numbers, purchase date, retailer, etc.

I have done this in the past when trying to find spare Xelento silicone eartips with good results, and Beryerdynamic referred me to my local UK distributor who was able to supply them to me. Having said that I haven't been able to find any protective grilles on sale anywhere, which is why contacting Beyerdynamic might be your best choice.
Thank you,

I will do that, as it sounds the only way to fix this.

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #2,234 of 2,944
First mail is not really engaging ... I start to doubt the Xelento is still alive in beyerdynamic line...:sob:

Here is the answer ..

Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for your email.
As the spare part is no longer available in our online shop we would like to ask you to contact your local distributor.
With the following link you get the details:https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/service/distributors

Apr 13, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #2,235 of 2,944
First mail is not really engaging ... I start to doubt the Xelento is still alive in beyerdynamic line...:sob:

Here is the answer ..

Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for your email.
As the spare part is no longer available in our online shop we would like to ask you to contact your local distributor.
With the following link you get the details:https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/service/distributors
Your local distributor in France might be able to help:

CSI AUDIOVISUEL
ADDRESS
CSI audiovisuel
22, rue Édouard Buffard
S.A.S
MONTÉVRAIN

Tel.: 01 60 54 32 00
contact@audiopole.fr
audiopole.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back