Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Aug 24, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #451 of 2,937
Really glad to hear you're so happy with them! :darthsmile:

Beyerdynamic included their Tesla tech in Xelento, this might be part of the reason why they sound so magical :smile_phones:

I agree regarding the miniaturized Tesla drivers found in the Xelentos. Before purchasing I narrowed my choices down to the CA Vegas and the Xelentos. I already owned the CA Lyra IIs. I chose the Xelentos because they still sound very dynamic and draw you into the music but are not as forward or bright sounding as the Vegas. I'd say they fall in between the Lyra IIs and Vegas as far as being easy to listen to for longer periods without ear fatigue. I still think the Vegas are an awesome single DD IEM but for my listening preferences I preferred the Xelentos. Obviously sonic bliss is in the ear of the beholder so your mileage may vary.

Aug 24, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #452 of 2,937
I agree regarding the miniaturized Tesla drivers found in the Xelentos. Before purchasing I narrowed my choices down to the CA Vegas and the Xelentos. I already owned the CA Lyra IIs. I chose the Xelentos because they still sound very dynamic and draw you into the music but are not as forward or bright sounding as the Vegas. I'd say they fall in between the Lyra IIs and Vegas as far as being easy to listen to for longer periods without ear fatigue. I still think the Vegas are an awesome single DD IEM but for my listening preferences I preferred the Xelentos. Obviously sonic bliss is in the ear of the beholder so your mileage may vary.

Really glad you found something you like so much! :beyersmile:

As a personal experience, I don't get any kind of fatigue from using most IEMs. I mean at all, name it, ie800, RE-2000, anything that is acceptable won't give me fatigue. Maybe I get a bit from RE-800, but that is the only one, everything else is way not even close to fatigue for me, so I don't mind that in other IEMs.

What I admire in Xelento is their bass and mids presentation, it is just so romantic and that type of warmth that reminds of my younger days, when I had more analoguye sources...

EDIT: That is the right word, Analogue. Xelento sounds so, so analogue!

Aug 24, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #453 of 2,937

As a personal experience, I don't get any kind of fatigue from using most IEMs. I mean at all, name it, ie800, RE-2000, anything that is acceptable won't give me fatigue. Maybe I get a bit from RE-800, but that is the only one, everything else is way not even close to fatigue for me, so I don't mind that in other IEMs.

What I admire in Xelento is their bass and mids presentation, it is just so romantic and that type of warmth that reminds of my younger days, when I had more analoguye sources...

I used to own the Sennheiser ie800s which I liked a lot however I could never obtain a secure fit even with the oval tips so I ended up selling them. Had the fit not been an issue I would have kept then as I liked them a lot.

Aug 25, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #454 of 2,937

Now that you say it, i think it's the right description....Analogue...romantic and analogue...it's like a soft hug for your eardrums...

Aug 25, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #455 of 2,937
Hi end Dynamic drive IEM has always produced good SQ, it's just a matter of the sound stage, whe\ther it suits peoples personal taste, most people who has the Xelento has been having a good experiences with them, when compared to most DD IEM.

Aug 25, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #456 of 2,937
Second day with the Xelento and am very much enjoying the sound. I look forward to continued improvement with the suggested 100 hour burn in period

Weakest aspect is the soundstage at this point -- hope this improves over the hours of use. Otherwise, very much liking the initial sound and absolutely loving the comfort.

Aug 25, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #457 of 2,937
Second day with the Xelento and am very much enjoying the sound. I look forward to continued improvement with the suggested 100 hour burn in period

Weakest aspect is the soundstage at this point -- hope this improves over the hours of use. Otherwise, very much liking the initial sound and absolutely loving the comfort.

I am using the second largest tips to improve the soundstage, works like a charm! :gs1000smile:

I found that smaller tips have smaller soundstage, and this didn't sit right with me, but now I am quite happy with the sound

Aug 25, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #458 of 2,937
I'll give it a try though I'm typically choosing tips which are as small as possible while providing a fair to good seal due to ear canal soreness in one ear with the larger tips.

Even over the hours of use this morning, I am enjoying more and more.

Aug 25, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #459 of 2,937
I'll give it a try though I'm typically choosing tips which are as small as possible while providing a fair to good seal due to ear canal soreness in one ear with the larger tips.

The size of eartips will affect the seal which has a direct impact on bass and overall balance of FR, there shouldn't be direct impact on sound stage, rather an indirect perception effect.

Aug 25, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #460 of 2,937

I was doing the same when I was younger actually, but with Xelento, you should be able to use larger tips, they are made out of a really good silicone.

The size of eartips will affect the seal which has a direct impact on bass and overall balance of FR, there shouldn't be direct impact on sound stage, rather an indirect perception effect.

I like to think that it has more to do with the depth of insertion, shallow insertion IEMs tend to have larger soundstages, Xelento sounds better with a slightly shallower insertion rather than with small tips and deep insertion.

I also noticed that Xelento tends to isolate good with large tips as well, the oval shape and large margins of the tip really help with this.

With ie800, I can't use anything bigger than round medium, but with Xelento, the second largest work like a charm, this is why with Xelento I'd really recommend tip rolling.

I agree with you tho, it affects the overall balance of the FR, so that might also have an effect, in particular larger tips and shallower insertion might pull back some of the midrange, which in return gives a larger feeling to the sound.

Aug 25, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #461 of 2,937
With the supplied oval tips, in which direction do you align the long axis? I tried them briefly but felt I was not getting much from them.

Currently using Symbio tips and liking very much save for lack of soundstage.

Aug 25, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #462 of 2,937
With the supplied oval tips, in which direction do you align the long axis? I tried them briefly but felt I was not getting much from them.

Currently using Symbio tips and liking very much save for lack of soundstage.

the larger part on the outside, at least this is how it seems to have worked for me. So the part of the tip with more material / larger silicone on the outside of the IEM, or opposed to the R or L inscription.

Aug 25, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #464 of 2,937
the larger part on the outside, at least this is how it seems to have worked for me. So the part of the tip with more material / larger silicone on the outside of the IEM, or opposed to the R or L inscription.

9976142.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back