Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Aug 21, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #436 of 2,937
If I read that correctly, that translates to about $230 USD - for a silver plated cable?! It looks nice, but... ouch.
If you're willing to do your own soldering, you can make a silver litz cable for about half that.

BTW, only 29 pages?! I feel the Xelento is being under-appreciated by the community! These are really awesome IEMs!!!

Somehow I felt that the Xelento are overshadowed by the earlier T8ie (and there were even 2 versions of this) and thus the lack of interest by most people.

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #437 of 2,937
Hello

Im now looking to upgrade my well worn AKG 3003.

Any thoughts on the Xelento vs akg 3003 vs dita dream?

Thanks.

At the risk of repeating myself, back in May I made this comment on this thread,

"Made a comment in the K3003 thread about the difference between the K3003 and the Akt8ie mkii ( the Astell & Kern version of the Xelento). You can find it here https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/a...ystem-headphone.554628/page-251#post-13241158 "

Can't give any reasonable observations on the Dita as I found it too uncomfortable for my ears to give it an audition.

regards,

Giles

Aug 22, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #438 of 2,937
Hello

Im now looking to upgrade my well worn AKG 3003.

Any thoughts on the Xelento vs akg 3003 vs dita dream?

Thanks.

I don't have any DITA IEM, so let's avoid talking about them.

Xelento will be fairly thicker than AKG 3003, it will have a wide yet musical / euphoric presentation and an enthusing approach.

You are looking at two different signatures here, Xelento is warm and romantic by its nature, it will present music pretty well.

The coherency on Xelento is also perfect, but with 3003 some people said that there is some difference in bass decay when compared to single driver designs. I haven't noticed this, but some people did, you know how you felt about it :smile_phones:

Aug 22, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #441 of 2,937
Thank you both for your replies. Sounds like the Xelentos are at the top of my list.

Should get them tomorrow.

Very much looking forward to the sound and comfort these seem to offer.

I hope that they work very well with you!

The thick and romantic sound is sure to impress!

About the comfort, that is heavily personal, and I heavily recommend to try more than one pair of the tips included, I usually use the tips included with my IEMs, but Xelento has a special selection of tips, the sound and comfort changes with those, experiment and find what you enjoy best! :smile_phones:

Aug 22, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #443 of 2,937
Thanks for the input!

I have very much enjoyed my years with my akg 3003 but think a fuller sound is exactly what I am now seeking.
This shouldn't a difficult task, since AK3003 is not exactly good in that regard.
And it will be a large upgrade in terms of ergonomy as well.
You may just "lose" a bit of details in the treble area, but nothing significant in my opinion.

Aug 22, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #445 of 2,937
I'm anticipating the wireless version of the Xelento. Currently using the SE846 and wondering how I'm gonna feel about the move. I like the fullness and forward mids of the SE846, but I'm sure the Xelento trumps it in treble; sub-bass also seems more prominent. Can anyone comment on soundstage?

Aug 22, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #446 of 2,937
I'm anticipating the wireless version of the Xelento. Currently using the SE846 and wondering how I'm gonna feel about the move. I like the fullness and forward mids of the SE846, but I'm sure the Xelento trumps it in treble; sub-bass also seems more prominent. Can anyone comment on soundstage?

Oh yes. The soundstage is large, airy and deep. Can't compare with SE846, but I will compare it with ie800 and RE-2000.

The treble is sure to be more fun!

Aug 22, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #447 of 2,937
Oh yes. The soundstage is large, airy and deep. Can't compare with SE846, but I will compare it with ie800 and RE-2000.

The treble is sure to be more fun!

I have the IE800 too and it would be interesting to hear your opinion. Compared to the SE846, I find the IE800 less full and energetic, but it is technically superior - deeper bass, higher reaching treble, and more airy sound. The Xelento is sounding like a good in-between, which would be great for me as I could just have one pair of IEMs instead of two. I like the individual qualities of the SE846 and IE800, so combine them and I'll be a happy camper.

Aug 24, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #448 of 2,937
I was thinking to wait for the wireless version, but i found a great deal on these ( 760 Euro) , so i figured i can buy the wireless cable later and still be within the retail price of the Remote version...I have to say that i'm a big Final Audio fan...i love the FI-BA-SST , sonorous VI and the new E3000....I received the Xelento today, so they have only 5-6 hours of burn-in. Initial impressions are very positive...it feels they share more with a full size headphone than with an IEM...big sound, very airy and surprisingly fast...certainly faster than my full sized cans...also, a big thumbs up for clarity....was not expecting it from a dynamic driver...it does have a warm, thick bottom, but so well balanced with the mids...no bleeding, no muddiness....and again that airy and wide presentation...i heard better only in the PianoForte series from Final Audio( which is also deeper)
I'm very happy with them, now waiting for 100 hours of burn-in...

Aug 24, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #449 of 2,937
I was thinking to wait for the wireless version, but i found a great deal on these ( 760 Euro) , so i figured i can buy the wireless cable later and still be within the retail price of the Remote version...I have to say that i'm a big Final Audio fan...i love the FI-BA-SST , sonorous VI and the new E3000....I received the Xelento today, so they have only 5-6 hours of burn-in. Initial impressions are very positive...it feels they share more with a full size headphone than with an IEM...big sound, very airy and surprisingly fast...certainly faster than my full sized cans...also, a big thumbs up for clarity....was not expecting it from a dynamic driver...it does have a warm, thick bottom, but so well balanced with the mids...no bleeding, no muddiness....and again that airy and wide presentation...i heard better only in the PianoForte series from Final Audio( which is also deeper)

Really glad to hear you're so happy with them! :darthsmile:

Beyerdynamic included their Tesla tech in Xelento, this might be part of the reason why they sound so magical :smile_phones:

Aug 24, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #450 of 2,937

Yup whether you believe in burn-in or not Beyer recommends 100 hours of burn-in on the Xelentos for optimum sound quality. My opinion is that burn-in helped the Xelentos as the bass is still very powerful but tighter and more controlled after burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back