Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Oct 27, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #1,231 of 2,949
I’ll take a look

Oct 28, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #1,232 of 2,949
Take a look at IMR R1, it's a viable cheaper alternative to Xelento. I have both and actually thinking about selling Xelento. The only thing that can't be matched by any other IEM on the market is comfort both in term of physical and tonality. You can wear Xelento with their own design silicon tips for a whole day.

After reading some reviews I feel it is not my preferred sound, a nice IEM however

Nov 4, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #1,234 of 2,949
No.

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #1,237 of 2,949
I'd charge ya 250-300 if I were them and even thatd be very considerate and now he can't say it was stolen.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #1,240 of 2,949
does anyone actually prefer the stock comply tips? they do seem to provide better isolation but I hear less treble and a lot more bass. Is there any other tips that provide similar isolation or at least better than the silicon tips?
I'm gonna live in a big city with busy commute soon so idk if the trade-off is worth it.

Nov 7, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #1,241 of 2,949
does anyone actually prefer the stock comply tips? they do seem to provide better isolation but I hear less treble and a lot more bass. Is there any other tips that provide similar isolation or at least better than the silicon tips?
I'm gonna live in a big city with busy commute soon so idk if the trade-off is worth it.
I never liked the comply tips, I just left them in the box sealed in the original packaged, I have always used the silicone oval tips.

Nov 7, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #1,242 of 2,949
I never liked the comply tips, I just left them in the box sealed in the original packaged, I have always used the silicone oval tips.

My right ear must be deformed or something. When I use the oval tip, pressing on it make a sound like air being pushed in/out no matter what size I use. Doesn't happen to the left side.

Why does the bass sounds muddy with comply? Am I hearing this right?

Nov 7, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #1,243 of 2,949
My right ear must be deformed or something. When I use the oval tip, pressing on it make a sound like air being pushed in/out no matter what size I use. Doesn't happen to the left side.

Sometime I do get that, it gets me a perfect fit.

Nov 7, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #1,244 of 2,949

The Xelento is ported/vented behind the driver, but not in front. So, if you've got air escaping when pressing on the IEM in your ear, it could be leaking from between the eartip and your ear canal (maybe you just don't have a good seal) or from between the tip and nozzle (unlikely, but who knows). Hopefully it's not the Xelento bud itself. Do you notice a warmer, bassier sound from the right than the left? Or maybe it's the other way around, and you have such a poor seal on the left that you don't even notice the pressure equalising when you push on the earbud? (I am not able to get a proper seal with any of the stock Xelento buds. I use mine with SpinFit Cp100 tips.)

Yes, you're hearing it right. Foam tips just damp the treble energy - to a much greater degree than most people realize. It sounds like you and I are on the same quest - for an awesome-sounding IEM that also has awesome isolation. Unfortunately, those two points are almost mutually exclusive, because the best isolation means foam tips, but foam tips will roll off your treble. My best solution so far is the KSE1500, which has enough treble energy even with foam tips, but it's not really portable. I'm sure somebody's done it, but given the bulk and the cost (and potentially fragile nature of its cables), you'd be nuts to go running with a KSE1500. My solution is to use Xelentos in a quiet environment, and switch to something like the SE846 or an Etymotic when you need really good isolation.

P.S. The Symbio hybrid tips might be worth looking at - they're foam in the middle and silicone on the outside. They give the extra treble energy of silicone, but isolate better than your average silicone tip because of the foam inside. They're a very cool idea; I just don't use them because I find them uncomfortable, but we're all made differently, so they might fit you. Have realistic expectations though - the Xelento is never going to isolate like an Ety, because of its vent port.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #1,245 of 2,949
Just received my 2nd hand Xelento and es100 bt dacamp today. Yeah I can't get a seal with the left ear with either the large stock foam or silicon's. The left just keeps loosing seal when the head moves just a tad. Frustrating cause when you push it in and gets a good seal with the foam the bass sounds so full and everything is so thick and fulfilling. The right ear seals and stays sealed.am Cleaning clothes right now, have other tips too try later. Glad you to see you confirm the same issue Mr professional audiologist Linux :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back