Beyerdynamic Xelento!
May 9, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #241 of 2,944
And here I am waiting for my regular old balanced cable to get here :) Still, I wonder how well this wireless cable would work with other MMCX-terminated IEMs, if one were so inclined. It does look like a well designed accessory, looking forward to reading impressions once people get their hands on production units. Also 99% sure it will be sold separately, doesn't make sense not to, really.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I always understood LDAC to be decoding/encoding software, that was transmitted over standard Bluetooth radios, and didn't need a dedicated chip to support it. I believe that's why it was able to be added into the AOSP as a software addition to the OS. I'd figured instead it's on the receiving end (headphones, speakers) where some sort of firmware update would be needed to receive and decode the LDAC information from the phone/DAP etc. But maybe this is more suitable for PM :)

Yes, that's what I meant, to include encoder part of the codec on the source :wink:

But either way, yeah would make sense for Beyer to release this bt cable as a standalone product, except they have to be sure mmcx connectors are universal and compatible with all iems. But releasing it together with Xelento takes some pressure off connector compatibility since now you are using it at your own risk :wink:

May 10, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #242 of 2,944
Hi.

How are these compared to shure se846? I had the shure se846 before.But sold them last year.I regret i sold those.Because they had good noise isolation.Im listening a lot to music in the car.I dont have licence,and its my wife driving.She listening to music on the cars stereo a little loud.And the headphones i have owned or own,are terrible bad for blocking out noise.The only one working is my daughters bose qc35.But of course,my daughter are using them,and i think they sound somewhat borring.The sure se846 was perfect at noise isolation.The shures came out in 2013,so i might try somethink new on the market.I have an focal elear that i might sell,to budget a new iem (the focals hardly get used.To much noise when you are an family.lol). I have looked at xelento and the audiofly af1120 (they got also good reviews.But the only grip is that they look CHEAP,and poor quality on materials?). I live in norway,so i dont have so many top end iems to buy here.And i cant demo them here where i live.Im not interesting buying another shure se846.Noot interesting in the sennheiser ie800 either.So it comes down to xelento and audiofly 1120 (wich by the way is a little cheaper than the xelento).I listen to all kind of music.But mostly rock and a lot of electronica.I like a little warmt sound signature and a lot of micro details.I dont like hars/clinical sound like the hd800s :p Anyone have any suggestion?

May 10, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #243 of 2,944
Hi.

How are these compared to shure se846? I had the shure se846 before.But sold them last year.I regret i sold those.Because they had good noise isolation.Im listening a lot to music in the car.I dont have licence,and its my wife driving.She listening to music on the cars stereo a little loud.And the headphones i have owned or own,are terrible bad for blocking out noise.The only one working is my daughters bose qc35.But of course,my daughter are using them,and i think they sound somewhat borring.The sure se846 was perfect at noise isolation.The shures came out in 2013,so i might try somethink new on the market.I have an focal elear that i might sell,to budget a new iem (the focals hardly get used.To much noise when you are an family.lol). I have looked at xelento and the audiofly af1120 (they got also good reviews.But the only grip is that they look CHEAP,and poor quality on materials?). I live in norway,so i dont have so many top end iems to buy here.And i cant demo them here where i live.Im not interesting buying another shure se846.Noot interesting in the sennheiser ie800 either.So it comes down to xelento and audiofly 1120 (wich by the way is a little cheaper than the xelento).I listen to all kind of music.But mostly rock and a lot of electronica.I like a little warmt sound signature and a lot of micro details.I dont like hars/clinical sound like the hd800s :p Anyone have any suggestion?

Tell your wife to play the music that you like. Problem solved, 1000 Euro saved. :beyersmile:

May 10, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #244 of 2,944
I have a feeling that the fit issues some (including myself) are experiencing with the right-ear piece is due to the stock cable. My non-remote stock cable is taut and tense on the left piece, which has a good seal, while it remains loose on the right-side, which is effectively conducive to a shallow and loose seal. I am trying other cables in the next few days, to see if they make a difference in this regard. You might wish to verify this while wearing your Xelentos - whatever I do, I can't get the right-cable to remain tense around my right ear.
If so, one could assume that the stock cable has a design flaw. Thank goodness for fully removable cables and MMCX connectors!

May 10, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #247 of 2,944
Yes, that's what I meant, to include encoder part of the codec on the source :wink:

But either way, yeah would make sense for Beyer to release this bt cable as a standalone product, except they have to be sure mmcx connectors are universal and compatible with all iems. But releasing it together with Xelento takes some pressure off connector compatibility since now you are using it at your own risk :wink:

Beyerdynamic doesn't care about other IEM, whether you call the MMCX universal or not, as long as it's works for their brand, also, i'm sure the wireless cable is sold as a package unit, so, the wirless cable will only be sold as a spare accessories.

May 10, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #248 of 2,944
Beyerdynamic doesn't care about other IEM, whether you call the MMCX universal or not, as long as it's works for their brand, also, i'm sure the wireless cable is sold as a package unit, so, the wirless cable will only be sold as a spare accessories.
I'm not sure at all, about the second part. From my discussion with one of the product managers at Canjam Singapore, they were still considering the demand for such a wireless cable accessory, and surveyed most of the people who attended the mini launch about it. At that point he also mentioned there were some plans in the works, and it could be offered as a separate option as well.

Who knows what they have decided by now, but it certainly does seem possible to be offered separately, let's wait and see when it starts being available.

May 10, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #249 of 2,944
I'm not sure at all, about the second part. From my discussion with one of the product managers at Canjam Singapore, they were still considering the demand for such a wireless cable accessory, and surveyed most of the people who attended the mini launch about it. At that point he also mentioned there were some plans in the works, and it could be offered as a separate option as well.

Who knows what they have decided by now, but it certainly does seem possible to be offered separately, let's wait and see when it starts being available.

From their description page, it's only available as a whole package, like purchasing a new set of IEM, and yes, they might sell them as a optional accessories later on, but not a off the shelve purchase, but it won't be cheap, if you are a true audiophile, you probably won't consider it, since you won't get hi res SQ from BT unless it's LDAC, even QC alternative won't get you excellent Hi SQ.

From What I have gathered, the Xelento wired in Hong Kong has been discontinued, and the remote version hasn't been released yet, may be they are waiting for the wireless version, but i'll stick with wired to be used with my ZX 2 and end of the year when I get the WM1A or if they release a newer version by then.

May 10, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #253 of 2,944
I have a feeling that the fit issues some (including myself) are experiencing with the right-ear piece is due to the stock cable. My non-remote stock cable is taut and tense on the left piece, which has a good seal, while it remains loose on the right-side, which is effectively conducive to a shallow and loose seal. I am trying other cables in the next few days, to see if they make a difference in this regard. You might wish to verify this while wearing your Xelentos - whatever I do, I can't get the right-cable to remain tense around my right ear.
If so, one could assume that the stock cable has a design flaw. Thank goodness for fully removable cables and MMCX connectors!

I get a tight fit for both sides, it has a solid click which is good, but the right side does turn, but not loose, you know what I mean, whiles the left side stay put and does not turn, is that what you mean, BTW I have the first generation Xelento.

May 11, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #255 of 2,944
Would you buy the xelento or the jh angie II?

Canjam Singapore last year , i nearly paid for the Angie ii on the spot because they sounded really really attractive over the newly released Rosie .Canjam Singapore this year , i dropped pre-order price on the Xelento Remote because of their lively yet intimate tuning , no other iem impressed me as much as the Xelento's did that day on a price-performance ratio .

I may have forgotten how Angie ii sounds , but i think you should A-B them again before making a purchase this costly :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back