Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Nov 14, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #2,521 of 2,944
I'm coming up to a few weeks with the Xelento and continually impressed. I listen with the over ears in my sig mostly at night and when I use the Xelento on the move during the day I'm in awe at how good they sound. All the detail is there but they can be so smooth, rich and lush sounding. I listen to a lot of reverb laden ethereal ambient music with naturally forward mids, which are easily presented harshly in a lot of gear but these really handle the sounds so well. The way I felt today is for pure pleasure listening they're as close to perfect as I've heard.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #2,522 of 2,944
I'm coming up to a few weeks with the Xelento and continually impressed. I listen with the over ears in my sig mostly at night and when I use the Xelento on the move during the day I'm in awe at how good they sound. All the detail is there but they can be so smooth, rich and lush sounding. I listen to a lot of reverb laden ethereal ambient music with naturally forward mids, which are easily presented harshly in a lot of gear but these really handle the sounds so well. The way I felt today is for pure pleasure listening they're as close to perfect as I've heard.

I agree! It almost feels like you're listining to a pair of over ears.

I ended up returning mine, but will most likely purchase them again once there's a new and exciting TWS adapter on the market. The included was ok, but lacked a bit of power, also reminded me why I love TWS so much compared to a neckband.

Nov 14, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #2,523 of 2,944
I agree! It almost feels like you're listining to a pair of over ears.

I ended up returning mine, but will most likely purchase them again once there's a new and exciting TWS adapter on the market. The included was ok, but lacked a bit of power, also reminded me why I love TWS so much compared to a neckband.
I've even had the sensation when walking down the street that I'm listening to speakers. I think that's in part to this high quality sound while out and about being unusual. A part of me actually prefers the Xelento to over ears and even speakers. Having sound directly driven into your ears with headphones can sound so immersive it can be more enjoyable than speakers, but overears can be difficult to forget on your head so take away from that immersiveness, the Xelentos drive an immense sound into my ears yet almost disappear without a trace.

If you're going to go wireless then TWS seems the logical way as that's the most convenient, amplification aside the previous beyer 'pen lid' style clip did seem like a smart design though, neckbands I don't think I'll ever understand.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #2,524 of 2,944
I've even had the sensation when walking down the street that I'm listening to speakers. I think that's in part to this high quality sound while out and about being unusual. A part of me actually prefers the Xelento to over ears and even speakers. Having sound directly driven into your ears with headphones can sound so immersive it can be more enjoyable than speakers, but overears can be difficult to forget on your head so take away from that immersiveness, the Xelentos drive an immense sound into my ears yet almost disappear without a trace.

If you're going to go wireless then TWS seems the logical way as that's the most convenient, amplification aside the previous beyer 'pen lid' style clip did seem like a smart design though, neckbands I don't think I'll ever understand.
I agree, even the old Xelentos sounded like speakers at times. But mine aren't in use since i got the Monarchs 2. These pull all the music out of a head all the time. It's really a live like experience. The best sound I've heard from any iem/headphone to date. But i bet the new Xelentos are better than the OG (hopes), so they might be a better contender for the Monarchs.
Anyways, I'm enjoying the Dunu sa6 Ultra for a couple days now and they are something else, especially in midrange. They have cristal-like clarity but more body to the sounds than the Xelentos.

Nov 15, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #2,525 of 2,944
I agree, even the old Xelentos sounded like speakers at times. But mine aren't in use since i got the Monarchs 2. These pull all the music out of a head all the time. It's really a live like experience. The best sound I've heard from any iem/headphone to date. But i bet the new Xelentos are better than the OG (hopes), so they might be a better contender for the Monarchs.
Anyways, I'm enjoying the Dunu sa6 Ultra for a couple days now and they are something else, especially in midrange. They have cristal-like clarity but more body to the sounds than the Xelentos.

I'm talking about the OG Xelentos, I haven't heard the new ones. As much as I'd like to swap out IEMs like headphones to keep it fresh, the Xelentos and the previous beyerdynamic Soul Byrds are the only ones I've tried which fit in my ears. The bigger ones like Starfields I can try them to hear how they sound but on the move aren't a realistic option. A curse for my ears but blessing for my wallet.

Are the Dunu SA6 the Zeos ones with the switch? Did you cry? :)

Also a reminder to watch out guys, I picked up an 'original' Xelento cable off ebay as a spare but it turned out to be a good fake. I hope the original ones are still available...

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #2,526 of 2,944
The original should be available as they just released Gen 2 and its the same cable with updated hardware.

Nov 16, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #2,528 of 2,944
I'm talking about the OG Xelentos, I haven't heard the new ones. As much as I'd like to swap out IEMs like headphones to keep it fresh, the Xelentos and the previous beyerdynamic Soul Byrds are the only ones I've tried which fit in my ears. The bigger ones like Starfields I can try them to hear how they sound but on the move aren't a realistic option. A curse for my ears but blessing for my wallet.

Are the Dunu SA6 the Zeos ones with the switch? Did you cry? :)

Also a reminder to watch out guys, I picked up an 'original' Xelento cable off ebay as a spare but it turned out to be a good fake. I hope the original ones are still available...
Heh, knowing Zeos, i honestly was quite suspicious about this "crying" stuff. But i must admit that they really are that good. Many times i felt like my throat was getting tight, especially when listening to some songs which i know and have some memories connected to them. So no, he wasnt exaggerating. His review style isnt objective but i was never disappointed when listening to his hyped combos, like M8 + Nannas for example.
The SA6 Ultra are definitely better than the Xelentos, especially to those who love very lively and realistic midrange and vocals.
But i have back my Monarchs 2 since yestarday and again they proved their superiority over everything else ive had/tried ever. They are on a completely different level. Its like listening to the music live, no matter which song i throw at them. But the wearing comfort is way less comfortable than the Xelentos and Dunu. They BIG not only in sound but also in form factor.

Nov 16, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #2,529 of 2,944
Heh, knowing Zeos, i honestly was quite suspicious about this "crying" stuff. But i must admit that they really are that good. Many times i felt like my throat was getting tight, especially when listening to some songs which i know and have some memories connected to them. So no, he wasnt exaggerating. His review style isnt objective but i was never disappointed when listening to his hyped combos, like M8 + Nannas for example.
The SA6 Ultra are definitely better than the Xelentos, especially to those who love very lively and realistic midrange and vocals.
But i have back my Monarchs 2 since yestarday and again they proved their superiority over everything else ive had/tried ever. They are on a completely different level. Its like listening to the music live, no matter which song i throw at them. But the wearing comfort is way less comfortable than the Xelentos and Dunu. They BIG not only in sound but also in form factor.

I've only been watching Zeos' reviews for a year but can see it was quite emotional for him coming this far and now being able to leave his own mark on the world of sound. Hopefully he gets his hands on the Xelento 2 for the new IEM channel.

Nov 16, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #2,530 of 2,944
I've only been watching Zeos' reviews for a year but can see it was quite emotional for him coming this far and now being able to leave his own mark on the world of sound. Hopefully he gets his hands on the Xelento 2 for the new IEM channel.
I was quite sceptic as he likes a more laid back and warmish sound. Cant describe how surprised i was when put the sa6 ultra in my ears for the first time. They are detail monsters, like microscope but never fatiguing, very organic but uncolored sound. The Xelentos sound like a typical V shapes. The dunu are way more natural and realistic. The vocals are ridiculous. Imagine a very lively, intensive sound but smooth and emotional. its like the veil has been lifted up for good. Man really doesnt need more claity.

Nov 17, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #2,531 of 2,944
Could anyone share a comparison between the Xelento (2nd gen) bluetooth vs Airpod Pro (2nd gen)? I know they are very differant price brackets but the Airpod Pro (2nd gen) have a lot of software trickery to make them sound pretty dam good.

I'm looking for the absolute best bluetooth iem there is.

Nov 17, 2022 at 1:41 AM Post #2,532 of 2,944
Could anyone share a comparison between the Xelento (2nd gen) bluetooth vs Airpod Pro (2nd gen)? I know they are very differant price brackets but the Airpod Pro (2nd gen) have a lot of software trickery to make them sound pretty dam good.

I'm looking for the absolute best bluetooth iem there is.
Maybe this will help you- i compared the Senns Momentum 4 wireless to the Xelentos OG and found the Xelentos better in naturality and realistic timbre. For me the wireless still have some way to go to even try to match the iems from 3-4 years ago. But i havent try the Focal Bathys and i think it could be closer. Hard to say as the new Airpods Pro are very well tuned.

Nov 18, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #2,533 of 2,944
Maybe this will help you- i compared the Senns Momentum 4 wireless to the Xelentos OG and found the Xelentos better in naturality and realistic timbre. For me the wireless still have some way to go to even try to match the iems from 3-4 years ago. But i havent try the Focal Bathys and i think it could be closer. Hard to say as the new Airpods Pro are very well tuned.
Aww thanks for the input! Do you think the gen 2 have improved the wireless sound since it comes with that built in AKM Dac? I saw from a review apparently that Dac really improves the wirelesss sound. I think it was this one: https://majorhifi.com/beyerdynamic-xelento-wireless-2nd-gen-review/

Nov 18, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #2,534 of 2,944
Aww thanks for the input! Do you think the gen 2 have improved the wireless sound since it comes with that built in AKM Dac? I saw from a review apparently that Dac really improves the wirelesss sound. I think it was this one: https://majorhifi.com/beyerdynamic-xelento-wireless-2nd-gen-review/
But i used wired version of OG Xelentos. I have never heard wireless Xelentos. They arent as good from what ive read but still sound better than most wireless iems.
If you dont mind using wired iems, i also recommend the Hook X which for me sounds even slightly better than the Xelentos remote. They have better tuning, even deeper bass and also wider soundstage. The Xelentos are more detailed tho, but its not that the Hooks are not detailed, just slightly behind more expensive stuff in this regard.
If you want to go fully wireless, maybe try the Galaxy Buds2 Pro, they are really amazing and definitely a step up from Apples Pro 2.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #2,535 of 2,944
I wonder which over ears beyerdynamic make sound closest to the Xelentos, perhaps the T1/T5P 3rd gen, with their increased low end and rolled off highs? Reviews seem mixed on the T1, 5 star What HiFi but most YouTubers aren't impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back