Beyerdynamic Xelento!
May 21, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #2,297 of 2,949
Thought I'd try the supplied cable, it's finely made and very supple, been a while since I used SE. It only has one raised dot on the right side for orientation.
The balanced cable fitted ok, didn't look like it was hampering fitment, but the supplied one is lighter.

May 21, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #2,300 of 2,949
I am using NiceHCK ForX(elento) cable for balanced outputs.

Connectors are quite long though so fit is not as good as with stock cable- prone to pull out.

@xoxiax for SR25 specifically I prefer Xelento from SE output with stock cable. BAL output sounds more bassy which doesn't play well with Xelento which are quite bassy on their own.

Attachments

• IMG_20210521_093557.jpg
    IMG_20210521_093557.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
May 21, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #2,301 of 2,949
Thank you very much for all your answers!

The Xelentos are a present for my father's birthday, whose 72 years old ears (plenty of hi-fi experiences: these iems are my devolution for inoculating on me this expensive neurosis about soundstages and timbres) really need that resonance emphasis and peaks. I conclude that the mmcx plugs must be as small as possible and that it will be better to wait first to see how much he enjoys his classical and jazz recordings through the SE output. If he misses something, i've taken note of all your recommendations.

In any case i'll try one day with him my silver Alo Audio balanced cable (from my Atlas, in fact i'm very interested in comparing them), which has a tiny connector, and then we'll see if that combination results comfortable and provides any kind of positive change in sound.

Meanwhile, i wish you all a day full of surprise massages.
Hi i would be careful with pairing alo-campfire audio cables with the Xelento. A couple months ago i purchased smoked litz cable from alo audio (2.5 balanced) and mmcx connectors didn't fit my xelentos. They were loose and kept disconnecting. I was very disappointed because this cable seemed perfect for the Xelento- very flexible, with small plastic parts holding mmcx connectors. From that time I'm struggling with finding good balanced cable for them, below 130 euros.

May 21, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #2,302 of 2,949
I was getting some brief, but annoying, drop outs with my balanced cable every time I moved, the supplied cable is rock solid and haven't had any so far even when trying. Should get more battery life using SE which is a bonus. After a few more hours not missing balanced which surprises me.

Edit: Spinfit M sound a tad congested, switched to RHA silicone tips which have a slightly bigger bore and now the bass is more controlled, less muffled.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #2,304 of 2,949
Hey can aynone compare the xelento with the sennheiser ie300 or the moondrop aria 2 been eying both, my xelento is a little bassy sometimes so I thinking to give that away at the moment. Any adivce would be helpful guys
Which tips are you using? Perhaps it's just a tips fit issue? My experience is that the bass is really well defined and certainly not overpowering. However, everyone's hearing is different, but I would just check the tips before abandoning such a great headphone.

Jun 2, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #2,305 of 2,949
I agree the bass is well defined but the lower midrange dip is a little weird, staging and imaging are also good. I used to have the starfield before the xelento and from my recollection the tonality was a little better and so was fit. I was scared about the paint chipping that why I solid it. thats why I am looking at the aria ii and ie300 as potential and better fitting replacements

Jun 2, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #2,308 of 2,949
I am currently using the standard original tips those weird curvy ones that come with the iem, The actual iem body was what attracted me to the iem over the ie800 which i also had and had to let go because the cable was very microphonic that was a few years back and then I heard about the starfield and all the praise they were getting and I picked one of those up last year, the minute I heard about the paint chipping thing really got to me so I sold the starfields and then saw a cheap xelento on sale and picked that up instead. The iem is nice warm thick everything has body and is not too thin like the ie800 and has a better treble not as splashy more smooth. But now sennheiser and moondrop have both stepped up their iem game with their cheaper end iems with more for easy fitting shapes particularly with the ie300 and aria ii it was a no brainer to see if those two compared against the xelento

Jun 12, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #2,309 of 2,949
I'm in the UK and just bought the wireless version from Newegg Global for £570 including shipping from USA to UK and our 20% VAT+import fees, which is a far better price than anything we have in the UK currently (they are all listed at £999.99 on reputable dealer websites and the cheapest wired version is £630 from Amazon).

For all you Americans the price is $619.00, which seems like a ridiculously good deal for the wireless versions of these headphones. If anyone wants to buy here is the link: https://www.newegg.com/beyerdynamic-717959-in-ear/p/0TH-02C6-00011?Item=0TH-02C6-00011

Was considering waiting for the new Sennheiser IE 900s, but thought at this price for the Bluetooth version of the Xelentos it was a steal!

Hopefully I will like them, as the return process from UK to USA would likely not be a fun one!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back