Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jun 23, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #1,666 of 2,944
I purchased them and tried them at home. It was not about EQ, but just poor resolution. I have thought that of every TW I have tried, which is about 10. Maybe it's about expectations, but for me, if it's a compromise, I would rather just have the wires and better sound. More enjoyment for me personally.

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #1,667 of 2,944
I purchased them and tried them at home. It was not about EQ, but just poor resolution. I have thought that of every TW I have tried, which is about 10. Maybe it's about expectations, but for me, if it's a compromise, I would rather just have the wires and better sound. More enjoyment for me personally.
I can definitely see where you are coming from. The price you pay for portability.

Jun 25, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #1,668 of 2,944
Yeah, I suppose they are probably better by comparison, though I actually thought the Bose Sound Sport Free version actually had the best SQ of all the TW.

Jun 26, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #1,669 of 2,944
This thread seems to have gon silent in in 2017. I just ordered the Xelento Remote. I had been using a Shure SE535 last several years and had been quite happy with them (love the isolation they provide) but then I heard the Tin Audio T3 and was blown away by what $60 could get you these days. The T3s crushed the 535s. So I bought the new Tin P1 and started reading about the Xelento. Found a refurbished unit on eBay for $350 so I figure I can't go wrong. Anyone here still using / loving their Xelento?

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #1,670 of 2,944
This thread seems to have gon silent in in 2017. I just ordered the Xelento Remote. I had been using a Shure SE535 last several years and had been quite happy with them (love the isolation they provide) but then I heard the Tin Audio T3 and was blown away by what $60 could get you these days. The T3s crushed the 535s. So I bought the new Tin P1 and started reading about the Xelento. Found a refurbished unit on eBay for $350 so I figure I can't go wrong. Anyone here still using / loving their Xelento?

I recently bought these and I think they're great! My new favorite headphone/IEM out of my whole collection (which admittedly isn't that big :) )

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #1,671 of 2,944
I recently bought these and I think they're great! My new favorite headphone/IEM out of my whole collection (which admittedly isn't that big :) )
Great to hear. I've been cruising along with just the 535s (for listening at home and traveling) and a pair of Beyerdynamic Byron BT (for gym and cycling). I sold the Byron's and replaced them with the T3s plugged into a FiiO BTR3 for my BT option. This month I went nuts and bought the ER4XR, P1, Xelento and thinking about the Fearless S8 Freedom. I fly alot, Etys are said to have the best isolation around. Anyway I'm really enthusiastically awaiting the Xelentos. How have you found the external noise blockage or isolation with them?

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #1,672 of 2,944
I just bought the S8F. I love my XBA Z5, but was curious if S8 would be an upgrade as everyone raves about them. The Sony actually sounds like an overear. Great sound stage and big bass. The Xelento is my other wishlist item to compare. I get the S8 Friday. I'll trade you for the Xelento if I don't like them (I'm very picky). :wink:

Jun 26, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #1,673 of 2,944
Sounds good. My Xelentos wont show up for about 3 weeks. But lets keep tabs on each other. Give you new S8s a good listen and I'd love to hear about your impressions of them, so please let me know.

Jun 26, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #1,674 of 2,944
I just bought the S8F. I love my XBA Z5, but was curious if S8 would be an upgrade as everyone raves about them. The Sony actually sounds like an overear. Great sound stage and big bass. The Xelento is my other wishlist item to compare. I get the S8 Friday. I'll trade you for the Xelento if I don't like them (I'm very picky). :wink:

Possibly this addresses two of you - I have both the Xelento and S8F. They are VERY different and they really complement each other. You'd probably won't want to give up one for the other. One thing about the Xelento is (from my experience) - if you don't like it right away make sure you find a good seal.

Jun 26, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #1,675 of 2,944
About the seal, it totally makes sense. I bought the Byron BTs to be my gym set. I wasnt expecting anything riveting out of them but my first couple of uses with the stock silicone tips let me feeling completely ripped off, they were thin, hollow, anemic - awful really. I put a set of comply foam on them, and oh my, the sound was night and day different. I mean they were still BT iems but for active listening, riding a bike, working out or messing around in the yard, they were perfect. I sold them last week. But I learned about the monumental difference tips can make. I've been hearing alot of really great things about the Final E-Series tips so in anticipation of the Xelentos, I picked up a set. I was pretty convinced that Foam was the way for me to go, but these E Series have changed my mind on that too.... I actually like silicone now, who would have thought. Thanks for you input.

Jun 26, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #1,676 of 2,944
Great to hear. I've been cruising along with just the 535s (for listening at home and traveling) and a pair of Beyerdynamic Byron BT (for gym and cycling). I sold the Byron's and replaced them with the T3s plugged into a FiiO BTR3 for my BT option. This month I went nuts and bought the ER4XR, P1, Xelento and thinking about the Fearless S8 Freedom. I fly alot, Etys are said to have the best isolation around. Anyway I'm really enthusiastically awaiting the Xelentos. How have you found the external noise blockage or isolation with them?

If you're coming from the 535, you won't find the Xelento that isolating. They're dynamic driver IEMs, so they have a vent port for the driver to move air. I use my Xelento mostly at the office and there it isolates well enough, but for on an airplane I don't think it'll be that good. But for that I have my CIEM which isolates just as well if not better than the 535 (I used to own the 530).

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #1,677 of 2,944
Yeah, I've had that experience too. Seems like some need foam, but I have spiral dot and spin fit now, and they are both great.

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #1,678 of 2,944
I would note that I don't really want to one more than one iem. I want the one that fits my needs best, which is for heavier music. Good detail, wide stage, and articulate but big bass. I use Hiby R6 with Hiby Music to EQ what I want (W basically, depending on the HP). High hopes for the S8F, but I have hated a lot that other people loved--like DM6. Every time someone says the S8F sound like the DM6, my expectations go down, but I love Beyerdynamic. I hated Aventho, and T5.2, but my 1770s are great, as were my Amirons, and I'll pick up the Lagoon probably at some point for travel.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #1,679 of 2,944
New Xelento coming in the fall. So, I'm at our local headphone shop this afternoon to pick up some tips and I tell the owner that I've got the Xelentos on the way. He smiles and agrees that they are very good, very comfortable etc... but he says "if you're thinking about selling them, do it now." There's a new Xelento coming in the Fall (spetember / October), first under the AK Brand to replace the T8ie and later a Beyerdynamic version..... That's all he know., There will be a 9 in the model number so probably the AK T9ie and perhaps Xelento 2

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #1,680 of 2,944
Well, like I said, I may be interested in trading. I would say more likely than not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back