Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Mar 15, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #1,501 of 2,944
Anyone else tried their Xelentos with tubes? I really like that sound. An attenuator is a must, though.

QYuCVUL.jpg

Mar 15, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #1,502 of 2,944
Mar 15, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #1,503 of 2,944
As always with tubes. Takes out a bit of harshness in the highs, makes the sound warmer and fuller. At least that's the case with the CV131 tubes, haven't tried the others yet.

Mar 15, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #1,504 of 2,944
As always with tubes. Takes out a bit of harshness in the highs, makes the sound warmer and fuller. At least that's the case with the CV131 tubes, haven't tried the others yet.

Thing is, most tubes do not sound this way, there are tube AMPs that really don't cut on the treble sparkle, nor make the sound overly warm / full, just more organic and clear, more dynamic and overall better.

Apr 10, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #1,509 of 2,944
I've tried mant tips, and the stock tips is the best, even the supplied comply tip is buried in the box unopend.

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #1,510 of 2,944
Are they the wired or wireless version, also mine came with a defective cable, it has a loose MMCX connector, even exchanged the cable twice still the same, at first it was the right side, last exchange is now on the left, i know its the cable and not the actual iem.

Does anyone know how to determine if a loose MMCX connection is the cable or the iem? Thanks.

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #1,511 of 2,944
Apr 10, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #1,513 of 2,944
I did because you asked. Didn't like it. I use original medium tips. The CP240 don't fit as well and give me worse seal, thinner sound. Nah!
Take my opinion with a grain of salt, though; the Xelento/AKT8iE with original tips are my comfort benchmark and the iems I'd take if I could only choose a pair.

Thanks Mate!

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #1,514 of 2,944
Finally got my hands on a set of Xelento Wireless last night. These things are tiny! I had gotten so used to the close-up pics in this thread that I was a bit surprised to open the box and see how miniature they are. But wow, the sound is exactly what I want from an IEM—super engaging without being harsh (especially compared to my CA Vega), with nice overall balance and detail. Eager to see how these develop as they burn in and as I get more familiar with them. The wireless dongle is convenient despite being both a little too short and having LEDs that are a little too blinky.

The only disappointment so far is persistent driver flex in the right earbud (never in the left), which I notice regardless of how carefully and slowly I form the seal. It's annoying enough that I'm inclined to request a replacement and see if I have better luck with that. This sounds like a fairly common issue based on a number of comments in this thread, but it strikes me as odd that such a precision IEM would show this kind of variability even across earbuds from the same box. I had thought maybe it was due to small anatomical differences between my left and right ears, but I'm still able to experience flex in the right earpiece when I attempt to fit it in my left ear. Weird.

Anyway, thanks everyone for contributing to this thread—I've followed it for a while and I'm super happy it encouraged me to pull the trigger on these IEMs :ksc75smile:

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #1,515 of 2,944
Finally got my hands on a set of Xelento Wireless last night. These things are tiny! I had gotten so used to the close-up pics in this thread that I was a bit surprised to open the box and see how miniature they are. But wow, the sound is exactly what I want from an IEM—super engaging without being harsh (especially compared to my CA Vega), with nice overall balance and detail. Eager to see how these develop as they burn in and as I get more familiar with them. The wireless dongle is convenient despite being both a little too short and having LEDs that are a little too blinky.

Congrats. Any impressions on sq wired v wireless? The company said they will make the dongle available soon for $250 and I'm wondering whether it would be a worthwhile purchase. $250 can buy a very nice set of used cans in the classifieds so it is a steep price to pay. I understand the pricing though since if they sold it for less, everyone who paid the premium for the wireless version would complain.
The only disappointment so far is persistent driver flex in the right earbud (never in the left), which I notice regardless of how carefully and slowly I form the seal. It's annoying enough that I'm inclined to request a replacement and see if I have better luck with that. This sounds like a fairly common issue based on a number of comments in this thread, but it strikes me as odd that such a precision IEM would show this kind of variability even across earbuds from the same box. I had thought maybe it was due to small anatomical differences between my left and right ears, but I'm still able to experience flex in the right earpiece when I attempt to fit it in my left ear. Weird.

Anyway, thanks everyone for contributing to this thread—I've followed it for a while and I'm super happy it encouraged me to pull the trigger on these IEMs :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back