Beyerdynamic Tesla Appreciation Society!
May 9, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #61 of 210
what amp/source you using with T1?

May 9, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #62 of 210
only have a FiiO E17+E09K
need to save up again in order to upgrade

edit: but i do plan to upgrade to a Schiit bifrost/lyr combo, or even look towards a WA7 fireflies
        but tubes look expensive xD

May 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #63 of 210
hopefully ill have a pair of t1s in 3 or so months then i can really give this thread a proper go. 
beyersmile.png

May 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #64 of 210
Man, I am so enjoying these T5P's! Ignore some comments here that they are painfully bright, it's a ridiculous opinion of them I feel, go try them out for yourself if you have not already done so!

They are so balanced, bass is deep and clear, top end just so creamy and crystaline and mids are to die for. I have owned or used extensively most of the top of the line headphones out there and yes some better these in some respects on technical points but for an overall picture these are hard to beat.

If you pair them with tubes then they are even harder to beat!

May 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #65 of 210
Quote:
Man, I am so enjoying these T5P's! Ignore some comments here that they are painfully bright, it's a ridiculous opinion of them I feel, go try them out for yourself if you have not already done so!

They are so balanced, bass is deep and clear, top end just so creamy and crystaline and mids are to die for. I have owned or used extensively most of the top of the line headphones out there and yes some better these in some respects on technical points but for an overall picture these are hard to beat.

+1

I've been listening to mine with a WA7-not a terribly tube-y sounding tube amp-but the combination is quite amazing.

May 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #67 of 210
For me the DT1350 sounds less resolving than the T5P's. The T5P's are what I would call fast, they handle subtle details so well. So clear as well, like an open window. The DT1350's feel a bit warmer and a little more bass, a little less clear but for their purpose I feel they are the best of what is out there and in comparison to say momentums much clearer and more musical.

May 12, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #69 of 210
Quote:

Can only second that. Once again enjoying them with electronica -- not a bit harsh and the low end is fascinating every single time: deep, clear, simply a joy to listen to. Yes, they *are* better than the DT1350, but the latter is overall still the most satisfying headphone to take with me. While I do like the M-100 quite a bit, its no contest...

May 14, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #70 of 210
I rarely use DT1350 since I have T5p. I like them both, however they are very different headphones in all respects with only a the Beyer sound signature to connect them. I have all that I want from Beyerdynamic's current products with these two headphones, it is a vast coverage. Having much respect for the T1, Beyer's technical pinnacle. 

I am certainly on the lookout for a portable beast of an amplifier for the DT1350. My considerations are currently Pico Power and Vorzüge Duo. The HP-P1 is quite good but not quite rough enough for the DT1350, it is too gentle. I believe Furutech's X1 may be a great DT1350 amp/DAC.

May 30, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #74 of 210
really excited to use my DT 1350s with the new FiiO X3 on the go.. :)

May 30, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #75 of 210
beyers thirst for tubes...
beerchug.gif

edit....TESLAs thirst for tubes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back