Beyerdynamic Tesla Appreciation Society!
Apr 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #46 of 210
Subbed! I was blown away by the T1 as well. I used to be a hardcore Denon fan, but I like the T1 so much that I've considered selling both my Denons to build a better desktop rig around the Beyer. My only gripe is the velour pads which are sometimes irritating, but I can live with that.

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #47 of 210
Both my sets are nicely burned in now and loving the sound they produce. The DT1350's are perfect out of my HM-801 and I am always surprised that when music is playing they isolate almost as well as my ER4's But it is the T5P's that have been my revelation.

I have owned a good number of headphones now and these along with my Piano Forte's are real game changers. Heck I listen to stuff now I gave up on as it just did not sound good on my old LCD's. Last night I listened to Elvis for the first time in years and I had forgotten how good the recording quality is and what a great performer he was. These things, like the PF's have drawn me back into listening to music, not the equipment!

I really scratch my head at some of the comments made by supposed "experts" on this forum who say these are bright or lack bass. If these are that then their already dubious opinions mean even less to me as myself and quite a few long in the tooth audio fan friends who are not part of this community think the sound balanced and accurate.

Link pro, I wonder if you could fit the leather pads of the T5P to the T1's, I wonder if it would make much sonic difference? The T5P pads are beautifully soft and comfortable.

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #48 of 210
Quote:
Both my sets are nicely burned in now and loving the sound they produce. The DT1350's are perfect out of my HM-801 and I am always surprised that when music is playing they isolate almost as well as my ER4's But it is the T5P's that have been my revelation.

I have owned a good number of headphones now and these along with my Piano Forte's are real game changers. Heck I listen to stuff now I gave up on as it just did not sound good on my old LCD's. Last night I listened to Elvis for the first time in years and I had forgotten how good the recording quality is and what a great performer he was. These things, like the PF's have drawn me back into listening to music, not the equipment!

I really scratch my head at some of the comments made by supposed "experts" on this forum who say these are bright or lack bass. If these are that then their already dubious opinions mean even less to me as myself and quite a few long in the tooth audio fan friends who are not part of this community think the sound balanced and accurate.

Link pro, I wonder if you could fit the leather pads of the T5P to the T1's, I wonder if it would make much sonic difference? The T5P pads are beautifully soft and comfortable.

I'd prefer having leather pads too, but I'm worried about them changing the sound. I don't know if the T5P pads would fit on the T1 either.

I actually find the velvety velour on the DT line much more comfortable than the stiff velour on the T1. Velvety velour degrade in looks very quickly with sweaty heads though, so maybe that's why Beyer decided not to use it for their flagship.

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #49 of 210
Beyerdynamic owner here
smily_headphones1.gif

I have owned the T5p and currently used the T1.

somehow I got spoiled by the sound of the T5p.
The T1 feels like is lacking bass in comparison. My current setup is DAC: April Music Eximus DP1  Amplifier: SPL Phonitor.

The T1 in indeed a hard headphone to drive, lesson I learned the hard way.
I am going to go back to a T5p in the next couples of days

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #50 of 210
Quote:
I'd prefer having leather pads too, but I'm worried about them changing the sound. I don't know if the T5P pads would fit on the T1 either.

I actually find the velvety velour on the DT line much more comfortable than the stiff velour on the T1. Velvety velour degrade in looks very quickly with sweaty heads though, so maybe that's why Beyer decided not to use it for their flagship.

theres been a few threads mentioning the leather t5p pads on the t1. they fit, but people that have tried it report that the sound isn't very good. it becomes muffled and harsh and just bad overall. the T1 only works with the regular velours.

Subbed! I was blown away by the T1 as well. I used to be a hardcore Denon fan, but I like the T1 so much that I've considered selling both my Denons to build a better desktop rig around the Beyer. My only gripe is the velour pads which are sometimes irritating, but I can live with that.

Woo Audio 2!!!!!!!!@#!@##@!#!#!@#@#@!#!##

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #51 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woo Audio 2!!!!!!!!@#!@##@!#!#!@#@#@!#!##

Just checked the price, wow that's a lot of money man! I'm leaning toward the Soloist SL, or maybe the WA7 so I can sell my current DAC as well. 

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #52 of 210
theres been a few threads mentioning the leather t5p pads on the t1. they fit, but people that have tried it report that the sound isn't very good. it becomes muffled and harsh and just bad overall. the T1 only works with the regular velours.

Yep, just don't bother. The T1 was voiced with the velour pads. Leather turns it into a boomy, muddy mess.

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #54 of 210
Quote:
The cushioning on the T1 and T5p are to be admired. No seams on any contact points, wonderfully soft leather on the T5p ear cushions.

Haven't had a chance to try the T1 yet, but I 100% agree on the T5p stock pads-- they are soft to the point of being almost otherworldly. 

May 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #56 of 210
Hey guys,

Owner of a DT880/600 here, love the sound on mine so far
being new to audio equipment, this has been a big jump from standard headphones

I have also ordered a T1, and should be arriving in a week or two =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasantSounds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Then I tried it with the FiiO E17 expecting it to go from bad to worse, but it turned out quite a pleasant surprise: it sounded actually pretty good. Not as full and smooth as with the WA22, but close enough.

Im currently using the E17 with E09K. Will these work with my T1's? coz i was assuming it can power my DT880/600, it should power the T1 at least to a enjoyable volume?

Quote:
I'am in with some T1 night shots 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Im also planning up make an upgrade to bifrost/lyr sometime, any feedback on the combo?
my setup area isnt too big, and i hear the tubes may get hot, is it troublesome to manage your setup?

May 4, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #57 of 210
Hey guys,

I also made the upgrade from a DT880/600 ohms to a T1.
IMHO, the price differential is worth it for the increased sonic clarity.
I got my T1 for around US$950 from Amazon.

Hope u enjoy your T1 too! :)

May 4, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #58 of 210
Quote:
Hey guys,

Im currently using the E17 with E09K. Will these work with my T1's? coz i was assuming it can power my DT880/600, it should power the T1 at least to a enjoyable volume?

Im also planning up make an upgrade to bifrost/lyr sometime, any feedback on the combo?
my setup area isnt too big, and i hear the tubes may get hot, is it troublesome to manage your setup?

Yes Lyr gets warm, but I have absolutely no problem with that. It's not like your desk is gonna catch on fire or something 
biggrin.gif
 Just if you place hand on it, it's warm, I wouldn't say exactly hot and I use it sometimes for like 8-10 hours 
wink.gif

May 4, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #59 of 210
Hello,

New to forum....short time lurker, and first post here on Head-fi

......been into serious headphone listening for about 3+years....

I might as well make my first post in the Tesla appreciation thread, because I have been enjoying new T-90's  and DT-1350's for about 4 months

My rig has been a Decware CSP2 for the last three years, with Sennheiser HD650 and AKG 701....The CSP2/HD650 combo is something special...the AKG 701's never sounded right with the CSP2, and sat on the sidelines.

The T-90 with the Decware CSP2 is also a special match....the T-90 has some of the best aspects of the HD650 and some of the best of the AKG701, and puts them into one headphone.

I really like open headphones, and the T-90 is a gem....the Tesla driver is something new and more advanced for me, after 3yrs. with the same set-up

Also, added a Burson Soloist SL into the mix...another great addition, and more variety to this great hobby.

thanks for starting this Tesla thread, and getting me to chime in, instead of just lurk...great hobby and great website
sincerely,
peb

May 9, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #60 of 210
So I just recieved my T1's today......
I was excited so I gave it a quick listen

1 word. WOW.
when I first got my Ultrasone 780's i was wow'ed
from that jump to DT880/600 was wow!
from that to T1 is like........ WOOOOW!

soundstage went WOW
clarity went WOW
high and low extension went WOW
imaging is WOW

the bass still needs a bit off work, but im looking forward to these after they've burned in a little
yeah..... cant explain myself anymore than I did atm

WOW

PS: No 11391 btw =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back