Beyerdynamic Tesla Appreciation Society!
Apr 19, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #31 of 210
Quote:

I'm a happy owner of the T1 and DT1350.

The T1 is the perfect neutral "conduit" for music to flow through naturally.

My T1 is paired with a Decware CSP2+ tube amp.
Using Amperex Pinched Waist 6922 NOS tubes.

My source is an OPPO BDP 95.

This is an end game Rig for me coz' I'm toe tapping to all genres of music ( including Classical) with this setup.

those tubes 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #32 of 210
I've bought a DT1350 about 2 years ago (or even more...) -- which makes it my personal record holder as my oldest headphone still in active / daily use. It survived several contenders, eventually I switched back every time.

Last December I bought the larger pads as comfort is not its strong point... Did not make that big a difference, but I kept them no for their optics.

Last November I added a T5p, reflecting Theogenes' experience: I, too, almost did not get them due to negative comments here as well as elsewhere. Glad that in the end I decided to trust my own ears -- I'm done with the category 'closed headphone for home/office/vacation use'.

Now I'm really interested in the T1, which of course would lend itself to an OTL tube amp... but would have to live with my Lake People G109P for the time being as I don't want to start collecting amps as well (rest is to low impedance for OTL, so I can't replace the G109).

Thanks @ianmedium for the collection of video reviews in the first post. I find them to be balanced and informative.

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #33 of 210
Proud owner of the T70s here. Too bad I can't afford the T1 or T5p. Would love to give those a try at the NY head-fi meet this weekend.

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #34 of 210

Apr 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #35 of 210
I would like to hear some comments from some who have changed their T1's to balanced. I have read that the T1's cable is already balanced and that the change can be accomplished simply by changing the plug to XLR? I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has tried that change. I guess the usual claim for any headphone going from single end to balanced is better soundstage, but the soundstage on the standard T1's is so good I am wondering if it really makes a big difference?

Apr 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #36 of 210
Quote:
I would like to hear some comments from some who have changed their T1's to balanced. I have read that the T1's cable is already balanced and that the change can be accomplished simply by changing the plug to XLR? I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has tried that change. I guess the usual claim for any headphone going from single end to balanced is better soundstage, but the soundstage on the standard T1's is so good I am wondering if it really makes a big difference?

Mine is balanced. yes, all you need to do is reterminate if you want, no recabling necessary. yes, there is better soundstage. remember when you heard the T1 for the first time and your jaw dropped? you jaw will drop again going balanced. the walls, which you dont know exist right now literally come down and its wide open. the best way i can describe is like your natural hearing, its just...open. the second benefit is doubling of power. the third benefit is a blacker background, so more micro detail is heard. hope that helps!

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #37 of 210
I know I've already contributed, but I think it's worth giving a particular shout-out to the aesthetics of the Beyer cans as well. I find them to be very modern while still looking exceedingly refined. I think all the the DT and Tesla cans are just very, very sharp looking. As much as I love my LCD-2s (and I definitely do), they sure aren't going to be winning many beauty contests. The HD800 and '700 are great-looking too, IMO, but they seem a touch more futuristic. There's something about the DT and Teslas that just embodies understated elegance to me. 

Sexy little suckers! 
size]

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #38 of 210
Quote:
I know I've already contributed, but I think it's worth giving a particular shout-out to the aesthetics of the Beyer cans as well. I find them to be very modern while still looking exceedingly refined. I think all the the DT and Tesla cans are just very, very sharp looking. As much as I love my LCD-2s (and I definitely do), they sure aren't going to be winning many beauty contests. The HD800 and '700 are great-looking too, IMO, but they seem a touch more futuristic. There's something about the DT and Teslas that just embodies understated elegance to me. 

Sexy little suckers! 
size]

+1

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #39 of 210
How much difference you'll hear depends on how good is your single ended amp. Many don't have ideal channel separation. I am also planning to reterminate my T1 after I finish my balanced beta22.

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #40 of 210
My T70's get more time than any other phone (due mostly to their close backed nature compared to the leakitude that is HD800 and HE-6).  I really like them though, mostly listen to them through a BHA-1 with a logitech transporter as the source. 

If I had to have only 1 headphone it would probably be this one (although I love my others just as much) due to its excellent isolating properties and lack of annoying my wife. 

Apr 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #41 of 210
Subscribed. Long-time DT 1350 owner/fan here.. I should take a latest pic of mine and post it here. :D Very interested to hear other teslas but our local dealer here of Beyers is cheap and doesn't have high-end models. :p

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #42 of 210
Crazy challenge here...

... waiting for some impressions on a AT1350-A32 owner 
size]

Apr 21, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #43 of 210
I'am in with some T1 night shots 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 23, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #44 of 210
Feel like I belong here... loving the Beyer tesla sound.  Over the last year or so I've managed to make my way to having a T70 doing closed back duties in the office and a T1/V200 combo satisfying my home listening.  
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back