Beyerdynamic T70P Source Question
Nov 15, 2014 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cmac2010

New Head-Fier
Yesterday I purchased Beyerdynamic T70P headphones. The only other experience I have with quality headphones are my Alessandro MS2i headphones, but I wanted to get something that I could actually listen to in public. My question, is as I don't currently have a headphone amplifier, would using an Onkyo TX-SP604 Receiver as a source be any better than just using my Macbook? Thanks in advance to any replies!

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 5
  Also, I paid $253 shipped for these headphones. Is that a decent deal or no? 

Great price for those headphones, I have the T70, (non p 250-Ohm version), nice clarity.

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #4 of 5
  Yesterday I purchased Beyerdynamic T70p headphones. The only other experience I have with quality headphones are my Alessandro MS2i headphones, but I wanted to get something that I could actually listen to in public. My question, is as I don't currently have a headphone amplifier, would using an Onkyo TX-SP604 receiver as a source be any better than just using my Macbook? Thanks in advance to any replies!

I believe it's the TX-SR604 receiver (I use to own the TX-SR606).
Technically as the T70p are only 32-Ohm the Macbook should do a better job of driving them.
but the T70p might like the bigger power output of the TX-SR604's headphone output.
You really will not know until you have plugged the T70p into both of them.

If you really wanted to get the best audio using the T70p, is to get a FiiO X1 or X3 DAP (Digital Audio Player).
The X3 cost more and might sound a little better then the X1, but the X3 can also be used as an external DAC/amp for a computer (PC/Mac/desktop/laptop).

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 5
  I believe it's the TX-SR604 receiver (I use to own the TX-SR606).
Technically as the T70p are only 32-Ohm the Macbook should do a better job of driving them.
but the T70p might like the bigger power output of the TX-SR604's headphone output.
You really will not know until you have plugged the T70p into both of them.

If you really wanted to get the best audio using the T70p, is to get a FiiO X1 or X3 DAP (Digital Audio Player).
The X3 cost more and might sound a little better then the X1, but the X3 can also be used as an external DAC/amp for a computer (PC/Mac/desktop/laptop).

Yes, sorry its the SR. My dad gave it to me when he upgraded his receiver. Thanks for your response. I'll test them both out when the headphones arrive. And I'll look into the X3. Starting to save again! lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back