Beyerdynamic T5 (3rd Generation)
Nov 24, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #692 of 736
The T1 Gen. 2 cable also fits the T5 Gen. 2, T1 Gen. 3 and the T5 Gen. 3. The OEM cable is no slouch - just a little unwieldy.
I also tried an Arctic Cables Pro cable (which was more manageable) with absolutely no change in sound, despite one less connection (no 3.5 to 6.36 screw in adapter in the Arctic Cable).

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #694 of 736
Well, the T5 3rd gen is not for me. Out of the box I found them severely lacking in bass, peaky in the mids and harsh and crispy in the highs. Eq was able to ameliorate the problems somewhat, but never completely tamed the mods and highs enough for me to listen for more than a few minutes. They were also less comfortable than I’m used to from Beyerdynamic, so back they go. The build quality was excellent however.

Jan 1, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #695 of 736
Well, the T5 3rd gen is not for me. Out of the box I found them severely lacking in bass, peaky in the mids and harsh and crispy in the highs. Eq was able to ameliorate the problems somewhat, but never completely tamed the mods and highs enough for me to listen for more than a few minutes. They were also less comfortable than I’m used to from Beyerdynamic, so back they go. The build quality was excellent however.
I find it hard to believe they lack in bass, but I actually never once heard T5.3 straight out of the box - my common practice with all beyers is to immediately swap the pads as I find pretty much all of them too shallow and uncomfortable. Dekoni makes many variants of pads for classic beyers. I found that T5.3 works best with Choice Suede pads, which can be had under 40€ on sale. These pads tame the highs without bloating the bass.

20240101_125206.jpg

I've tested all Dekoni pads and the only other I find passable for T5.3 are solid leather ones, the problem is they smooth out highs too much and start to bloat the bass, which can get annoying on bass heavy tracks. Choice Suede pads don't suffer form this and I find them very well balanced.

I definitely recommend you give these pads a try before discarding T5.3. I listen to T5.3 with these pads and DX320/AMP12EXN-S and it's one of the best fully portable closed-back experiences I had. Soundstage is big with decent amount of details and imaging and the bass hits so hard I can feel it my chest. Really puts a smile on my face when I listen to music with this combo.

Jan 27, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #696 of 736
Hi folks, in my road to find a natural (good timbre) sounding closed backs with big soundstage, i found myself here. Lately i using a Denon D5200 which are great, but im just curious if the T5 3rd gens have better soundstage. Sound characteristics more or less the same i read that. Neverteless another contender is the LCD 2 CB, im veery curious how the T5 compares to those too in soundstage.

So in short:
Soundstage, imaging wise what would be the the order between the D5200, T5 3rd, and LCD 2CB?

Jan 27, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #697 of 736
The
Hi folks, in my road to find a natural (good timbre) sounding closed backs with big soundstage, i found myself here. Lately i using a Denon D5200 which are great, but im just curious if the T5 3rd gens have better soundstage. Sound characteristics more or less the same i read that. Neverteless another contender is the LCD 2 CB, im veery curious how the T5 compares to those too in soundstage.

So in short:
Soundstage, imaging wise what would be the the order between the D5200, T5 3rd, and LCD 2CB?

The soundstage on the T5's is very wide/big, I think largely because of the angled drivers but tuning as well. I can't speak on the other headphones, but soundstage and imaging is the strength of the T5.

I wouldn't say it is 'natural' sounding, without some EQ. I can't say I have tried the others (did try the D9200 briefly) on your list, but I did sell my DCA noire's which had a very natural sound and not as large/wide soundstage.

Jan 27, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #698 of 736
The

The soundstage on the T5's is very wide/big, I think largely because of the angled drivers but tuning as well. I can't speak on the other headphones, but soundstage and imaging is the strength of the T5.

I wouldn't say it is 'natural' sounding, without some EQ. I can't say I have tried the others (did try the D9200 briefly) on your list, but I did sell my DCA noire's which had a very natural sound and not as large/wide soundstage.
Its good that u mentioned the DCA noires, they are in my hat too. The T5s strenghts are very tempting to me, i love soundstage, laid back, not in my face presentation. Thats why i sending back my D9200s, they have less soundstage than the D5200, and mids are too forward for my liking, i dont like that singers are literally just before my eyes.

So back to the T5, what i dont know for sure, if my tripowin granvia 3.5 balanced cable are compitable with them. I know that T5 has a 3.5 plug, but i read that its a "picky" one, i dont know how should i mean that. Is it a widely compatible plug on the HP, or i cant use it with any 3.5 cable?

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #699 of 736
Its good that u mentioned the DCA noires, they are in my hat too. The T5s strenghts are very tempting to me, i love soundstage, laid back, not in my face presentation. Thats why i sending back my D9200s, they have less soundstage than the D5200, and mids are too forward for my liking, i dont like that singers are literally just before my eyes.

So back to the T5, what i dont know for sure, if my tripowin granvia 3.5 balanced cable are compitable with them. I know that T5 has a 3.5 plug, but i read that its a "picky" one, i dont know how should i mean that. Is it a widely compatible plug on the HP, or i cant use it with any 3.5 cable?

The Noire's are very good. I find them super natural sounding and Uber comfortable. The soundstage is not in your face, but it's definitely not as wide as the T5. Will depend a bit on what you listen to in terms of what's best.

For the T5, you need the right cable to plug into them... And your existing Cable may or may not.... But I can't tell you for sure.

Search the thread and there are some posts on this.

They are very efficient headphones, so unbalanced cable works very well.

Mar 6, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #700 of 736
I love T5 3gen finally something different than 90% flat neutral and fatigue sounding headache headphones i try....some people like me need relax smoother fuller denser sound wich have good bass at medium volume...nowadays need to crank high volume to hear bass and impact only laser treble and mids in your face....I like small amount of headphones like meze 99 classics, audioquest Nighthawk carbon and now this t5 3gen finally something for people which they need relax warm sound chill after working all day....Thanks bayerdynamic....

Mar 14, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #702 of 736
I like it and now i m attempted to try also T1 and which of the two will like more i keep it...on bayerdynamic store is available b stock i buy T5 for 735eur like new and tommorow i will buy also T1 to hear bought and male final decision which stay with me...i like lusher romantic signature with plenty of bass and not i n your face mids and treble more relax type which enjoy all media with my headphones...and T series listening my needs hehe

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #703 of 736
I like it and now i m attempted to try also T1 and which of the two will like more i keep it...on bayerdynamic store is available b stock i buy T5 for 735eur like new and tommorow i will buy also T1 to hear bought and male final decision which stay with me...i like lusher romantic signature with plenty of bass and not i n your face mids and treble more relax type which enjoy all media with my headphones...and T series listening my needs hehe
Have you already tried T1? I am also thinking of getting either the T5 or T1. I used to have DT770 and kinda miss them.

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #704 of 736
I try both but in the end i choose T1 because summer is coming and i like airy filing of open back and also soundstage is better. T5 i also loved for signature because have little more body fuller sound with more romantic like signature...T1 is a little more sharp in highs but i m sensitive to highs and T1 don t bothered me...is absolutely fabulous also for gaming and movies is a dream better than many higher priced headphones i try it...because the bass is so good and dense but stll natural and not to prominent...absolutely fantastic i love this T1 3.gen and T5 also but in the end i still pick T1 because airy filling and velour pads is a winner filings for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back