Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Aug 29, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #166 of 1,824
Wow! Been a beyer fan, just see this and I am so excited. I need my last open back to finish my collection. I have owned t5 2nd, amiron home, dt 1770 and 1990 before. I wish the new t1 sound similar to dt1990 with less treble and share the build of amiron home. Also I wish they bring the impedance down. 32 ohm will be perfect. 80 ohms can also work. But 600 ohms is way too much. These days even low impedance headphones may also sound as good as high impedance phones before.

Aug 29, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #167 of 1,824
I’m hoping for the bass of the T1.2’s and the treble of T1.1’s with slightly more air so they will sound more open. Lastly, hoping the T1.3’s have a slightly forward midrange to keep them balanced sounding and not V-Shaped.
I thought about not posting this just to avoid blow back but here goes. I have the T1.2 (Silver) and I have had the prior version of the T1. My experience with the Gen 2 is that it needs to be run in balance mode in order to get the air that is missing from the the SE cable supplied. I have never heard as much difference in any headphone when run balanced vs. SE as I have with the T1 Gen2. In fact more than a few headphones I have or have had in the past sound little to no different going from SE to balanced. The Gen 2 is the grand exception. It is a very different and better sounding headphone when run in balanced configuration. It is more balanced in tone from top to bottom and opens to a much wider sound stage when operated balanced. I think it is a very different more bass heavy less open sounding headphone when run SE. Yes, I have multiple amps both tube and solid state to confirm my opinion. In balanced mode it is clearly a better version of the the original T1. When run in SE mode to me it is like listening to a different headphone.

Aug 29, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #168 of 1,824
I thought about not posting this just to avoid blow back but here goes. I have the T1.2 (Silver) and I have had the prior version of the T1. My experience with the Gen 2 is that it needs to be run in balance mode in order to get the air that is missing from the the SE cable supplied. I have never heard as much difference in any headphone when run balanced vs. SE as I have with the T1 Gen2. In fact more than a few headphones I have or have had in the past sound little to no different going from SE to balanced. The Gen 2 is the grand exception. It is a very different and better sounding headphone when run in balanced configuration. It is more balanced in tone from top to bottom and opens to a much wider sound stage when operated balanced. I think it is a very different more bass heavy less open sounding headphone when run SE. Yes, I have multiple amps both tube and solid state to confirm my opinion. In balanced mode it is clearly a better version of the the original T1. When run in SE mode to me it is like listening to a different headphone.

I need to listen to my T1.2 (Black) balanced sometime. Wanna hear how they change. Any balanced amps you suggest for the T1.2?

Aug 29, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #169 of 1,824
I need to listen to my T1.2 (Black) balanced sometime. Wanna hear how they change. Any balanced amps you suggest for the T1.2?
The Liquid Platinum if you want to play with tubes or more modest priced THX789 for solid state. There are some very expensive solid state amps also like the Auralic Taurus I own, but you don't need to go that far to hear a major improvement. You can check out the amplifier thread on the forum for something that fits your price range, Just be careful that it is a true balanced amp.

Aug 29, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #170 of 1,824
I run all my headphones balanced for that reason. Balanced configured headphones just sound better to me. So I agree with your post but I still think the treble was toned down on the T1.2's. The T1.2's sound more balanced in comparison to the T1.1's

Aug 29, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #171 of 1,824
Can anyone explain to me the differences in sound between the Beyerdynamic t5 p 1st generation and the 2nd generation? Because there are those who say that they are almost imperceptible and instead those who say that the 2nd generation is absolutely different and better. Can someone help me understand a little more. Thank you

Aug 29, 2020 at 6:41 AM Post #172 of 1,824
Aug 30, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #174 of 1,824
GGWfe30.jpg

eOJOiUt.jpg

6JsXSSu.jpg

source: https://webcache.googleusercontent....neration-over-the-ear-headphone.html+&cd=8&hl

Aug 30, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #176 of 1,824
Aug 30, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #177 of 1,824
Looks cheap. . . no more super mesh, and no more signature tesla yoke. Screams of production consolidation with the T5 for the impedance and enclosure.

This'll have to sound like the 2nd coming of Eugen Beyer for me to consider jumping in.

Aug 30, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #178 of 1,824
Looks cheap. . . no more super mesh, and no more signature tesla yoke. Screams of production consolidation with the T5 for the impedance and enclosure.

This'll have to sound like the 2nd coming of Eugen Beyer for me to consider jumping in.

Honestly hope it compares more to the DT 48/480 driver, my best Beyer is not the T1.2 it's my modified DT 480, which imho is a league above the T1.2 in terms of fidelity. I'm still waiting for Beyer to make a driver truly comparable to their old DT 48/480 driver but with modern tuning and design.

I’m personally hoping the headphone sounds better than the T1 Gen 2 at the very least and that it’s a fidelity improvement despite the lower impedance. If it’s inferior in terms of fidelity compared to the Gen 2 even if better tuned then I won’t be all that interested unless I can get it for a very good price. Appearance wise I don’t mind the changes, it’s grown on me if anything.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #180 of 1,824
Just noticed it seems to have the earpad feeding mechanism that the DT 1770/1990 and Amiron Home have. But mostly I’m curious about its tuning and it’s sound quality, it really needs to be an upgrade over the gen 2 in terms of fidelity otherwise it’s kind of a pointless release and the gen 2 shouldn’t be discontinued if that’s the case. In fact they should keep the gen 2 around regardless for those who want higher impedance unless a high impedance version is in the works or another headphone altogether with high impedance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back