Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Jun 11, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #1,741 of 1,824
That's fair. Any time you take a headphone apart, it might not go back together as tight.
Mine is a little looser, in terms of, the earpads can be rotated without having to remove them altogether. But it's not loose enough to allow vibration.
I do have a very early T1.3 (single digit serial number) so it may have some quirks some later batches don't have such as the stupid strong clamp it had out of the box (strongest of any Beyer I've owned and one of the strongest clamps I've experienced in general). I've noticed with early batches of a new model from Beyer, they may do some quick changes. I believe they reduced the clamping force on later T1.3's. Whereas say the DT 1990 had a quick pad revision where both the analytical and balanced pads changed from the first batch.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #1,742 of 1,824
I do have a very early T1.3 (single digit serial number) so it may have some quirks some later batches don't have such as the stupid strong clamp it had out of the box (strongest of any Beyer I've owned and one of the strongest clamps I've experienced in general). I've noticed with early batches of a new model from Beyer, they may do some quick changes. I believe they reduced the clamping force on later T1.3's. Whereas say the DT 1990 had a quick pad revision where both the analytical and balanced pads changed from the first batch.
The clamp.... that was another thing that reviews mentioned that I never found objectionable. Mine have also broken in a bit, they are still a little snug, but never bothersome.

Jun 11, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #1,743 of 1,824
The clamp.... that was another thing that reviews mentioned that I never found objectionable. Mine have also broken in a bit, they are still a little snug, but never bothersome.
I think it only affected very early pairs of the T1.3, I believe it was quickly addressed. I heard a later T1.3 and it wasn't near as clampy. I also replaced my headband on my pair and the new headband has much reduced clamp. The intense clamp started causing structural issues on my headband (plastic sliders started cracking as the clamp was putting too much strain on them when on my head) so had it replaced under warranty.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #1,744 of 1,824
2) I think anyone that blindly defends a Product based off of manufacturer's choices is a fanboy.
"Its sold with a 9ft 3.5mm cable, the most correct of all cables is therefore a 9ft. 3.5mm cable."
I guess y'all never read Candide, by Voltaire?

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5754446.Voltaire
You having read Candide should already know we’re living in the best possible world…
I did not like the boo much though, it was blatant just like animal farm, trivial in it’s criticism and overall just too long for what it wanted to say. At least it was a very nice edition by C.H. Beck, part of a series offering reprints of classic titles.

You mistake explaining product choices based upon my discussions with the product manager in charge with mindlessly defending something. You might have gotten confused by those choices matching better with my preferences than yours I guess.

Jun 28, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #1,745 of 1,824
Screenshot_20230603_175508_Gallery.jpg
Picked up a shorter balanced cable from Open Heart. Love it.
I will never understand why they send out headphones with bs cables.
Where can I pick up a set of the 1990 analytical pads? I asked this before and was told 'just go to Amazon' but I can't find 'dt1990 ANALYTICAL pads on there.
agree on bs cables, but they do unfortunately. ...... check out the rubbish stock cable on the MMX 300. im gonna kick those to the kerb asap.

Jun 30, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #1,747 of 1,824
You having read Candide should already know we’re living in the best possible world…
I did not like the boo much though, it was blatant just like animal farm, trivial in it’s criticism and overall just too long for what it wanted to say. At least it was a very nice edition by C.H. Beck, part of a series offering reprints of classic titles.

You mistake explaining product choices based upon my discussions with the product manager in charge with mindlessly defending something. You might have gotten confused by those choices matching better with my preferences than yours I guess.
From a Headfonia review that kinda trashes the T1.3
"T1.3 now features an extremely low 32-ohm impedance, along with a 100dB/mW sensitivity rating. No longer does the ‘T1’ moniker denote a boutique flagship that will only appeal to dyed-in-the-wool audiophiles, and only shine when hooked up to quality upstream source gear. Rather, Beyerdynamic made a deliberate switcheroo to make their flagship open-back headphone more approachable by the masses, who simply want to plug things into their existing equipment – namely phones and laptops – to make music “go”. Beyerdynamic insists that the T1.3 is still very much oriented at the audiophile listener, but this time around they simply decided to make the best 32-ohm headphone possible, thereby giving owners more flexibility when it comes to source pairing, and presumably – more ability to enjoy their high-end headphones without the need to be attached to a high-power amplifier on their desktop.

So...it seems like Beyer wanted to market to people like me: audiophile, with money, but in need of a headphone that pairs with portable sources. Not necessarily a 'portable ' but a versatile, totl headphone. It's not outrageous to question their choice of cables. I'm the target market, and I'm saying they missed a little bit.

Jun 30, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #1,751 of 1,824
From a Headfonia review that kinda trashes the T1.3
"T1.3 now features an extremely low 32-ohm impedance, along with a 100dB/mW sensitivity rating. No longer does the ‘T1’ moniker denote a boutique flagship that will only appeal to dyed-in-the-wool audiophiles, and only shine when hooked up to quality upstream source gear. Rather, Beyerdynamic made a deliberate switcheroo to make their flagship open-back headphone more approachable by the masses, who simply want to plug things into their existing equipment – namely phones and laptops – to make music “go”. Beyerdynamic insists that the T1.3 is still very much oriented at the audiophile listener, but this time around they simply decided to make the best 32-ohm headphone possible, thereby giving owners more flexibility when it comes to source pairing, and presumably – more ability to enjoy their high-end headphones without the need to be attached to a high-power amplifier on their desktop.

So...it seems like Beyer wanted to market to people like me: audiophile, with money, but in need of a headphone that pairs with portable sources. Not necessarily a 'portable ' but a versatile, totl headphone. It's not outrageous to question their choice of cables. I'm the target market, and I'm saying they missed a little bit.
I tend to believe the person I talked to more than Headfonia (or another third person fwiw). And he told me otherwise. Being responsible for that product I guess he knows what he’s talking about.

Jun 30, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #1,752 of 1,824
You keep missing the point.
Changing from a 600ohm driver to a 32ohm is a HUGE indicator of what type of use case this is for. Giving us an incredibly long unbalanced cable is a mis step, regardless of what some product planner mentioned to you. You're acting as if all the proof you need is in that lame cable, but cables are an afterthought, not something that the whole headphone is designed around.
The fact that logic and reason are superceded by the word of some middle manager is weird to me, and why I used the word fanboy and made the reference to Candide.
Or to put it another way:

My contention is that changing from 600ohm to 32ohm indicates the focus is more on the market that uses portable sources (laptop,daps,cellphones)
(And of course I extrapolate from there that the more appropriate cable choice would have been shorter.....and they could have kept it under $1,000 while including a second longer cable. I mean, come on. I bought mine for a few hundred under retail, you think they lost money selling them to me?)

Your contention is that they gave it a 30foot long cable, and some product planner told you something, therefore it is made to be stationary, tied to an amp. Non portable. (And it's certainly not conceivable that the dude you talked to was just making excuses for a bad cable choice)

Jun 30, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #1,753 of 1,824
Idk what happened with this, I tried to reply to someone who couldn't find 1990 pro analytical pads on amazon. My apologies
I got the message, thanks. The model number helps...of course nobody actually has them in stocks and you have to special request it.

Jul 1, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #1,754 of 1,824
Yeaa.one metre is enough. Or a long and a short cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back