Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Feb 12, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #947 of 1,824
Feb 12, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #948 of 1,824
I already have T1.2 and T5p Gen 2. I used to have Amiron Home. I'm after the following criteria and was wondering if T1.3 would be a good option:

1. Warm and dark sound like and comfortable pads like Amiron Home with a good amount of bass;

2. Driveability of T5p Gen 2 (can be driven with a DAP);

3. Open-backed and clarity of T1.2.

Would T1.3 cover those bases?

Feb 12, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #949 of 1,824
I already have T1.2 and T5p Gen 2. I used to have Amiron Home. I'm after the following criteria and was wondering if T1.3 would be a good option:

1. Warm and dark sound like and comfortable pads like Amiron Home with a good amount of bass;

1.3rd's Bass is somehow polarization, The same phone,different gear, you would got total different bass present.

you should take your gear to local dealers to test.

2.IMO,T5 3rd more suit most normal DAP, T1 3rd maybe need some Hi-End DAP to compare a real good T1.2 system.

3.Open-back headphone never have the same class clarity of semi-open, but still enough.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #950 of 1,824

1. Yes. This is the warmest headphone on the market. Fantastic bottomless bass with warm low mids and very laidback uppermids low treble. If you’re coming from other Beyers chances are you’ll need a loong time to let the upstairs compartment get accustomed to the unusual sound signature.

2. You can drive this off a phone with no problems whatsoever.

3. It’s not as open as a Sennheiser/Hifiman/Focal but that is also the main reason why the bass is so great. You’re not going to find this amount of bass in an open headphone.

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #951 of 1,824
Ordered me a pair of these, have had hd650's for a long while now, and think it's time I branched out a bit, will be my first pair of flagships for sure!
Compared to the HD650 are the T1's that much more detailed, as I hear crazy amounts with the HD's

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #954 of 1,824
Ordered me a pair of these, have had hd650's for a long while now, and think it's time I branched out a bit, will be my first pair of flagships for sure!
Compared to the HD650 are the T1's that much more detailed, as I hear crazy amounts with the HD's

I'm always interested to hear impressions from those who are coming from HD600/650. While there is some things I like about the Senns, I've never be able to get past what I perceive and a thickness or muffling of the sound.

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #955 of 1,824
I'm always interested to hear impressions from those who are coming from HD600/650. While there is some things I like about the Senns, I've never be able to get past what I perceive and a thickness or muffling of the sound.
I really do like my HD's but I just find that there is not alot of excitement to them, I find the mids overpowering to be honest, I feel that the treble rolls off too quickly too, maybe that's why they sound muffled to you? but they are relatively flat sounding headphones which I thought would be ideal for me, but I'm not so sure anymore

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #956 of 1,824
They are more detailed but other big differences will be the imaging, transients, dynamics, and soundstaging. Of course the bass is much more present and extended. Treble has more presence and extension. They’re not boring sounding like the Senns can be at times, I say it’s the HD 600 that’s more guilty of being boring at times than the HD 650 though. Upper mids is where the HD 650 has a lot more energy than the T1.3. The T1.3’s have a lot more bass energy (the whole bass spectrum), more lower mids, and a little more treble energy. They’re following very different curves and sound targets. With break-in the bass does reduce some and the mids come a little more forward.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #957 of 1,824
I really do like my HD's but I just find that there is not alot of excitement to them, I find the mids overpowering to be honest, I feel that the treble rolls off too quickly too, maybe that's why they sound muffled to you? but they are relatively flat sounding headphones which I thought would be ideal for me, but I'm not so sure anymore

I personally think the occasional muffling of the sound has to do with there being a little bit of image blurring on the Senns at times. Don’t think it’s the treble roll off personally, may be due to slower transients than some quicker drivers such as found in the Beyers.

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #958 of 1,824
They are more detailed but other big differences will be the imaging, transients, dynamics, and soundstaging. Of course the bass is much more present and extended. Treble has more presence and extension. They’re not boring sounding like the Senns can be at times, I say it’s the HD 600 that’s more guilty of being boring at times than the HD 650 though. Upper mids is where the HD 650 has a lot more energy than the T1.3. The T1.3’s have a lot more bass energy (the whole bass spectrum), more lower mids, and a little more treble energy. They’re following very different curves and sound targets. With break-in the bass does reduce some and the mids come a little more forward.
The bass is a definite welcome for sure, in regards to sound staging, the widest ive heard was my old k712 pro's,they seemed wide but imaging wasn't the best with them. Do you have any experience with them and a possible comparason if possible?

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #959 of 1,824
I personally think the occasional muffling of the sound has to do with there being a little bit of image blurring on the Senns at times. Don’t think it’s the treble roll off personally, may be due to slower transients than some quicker drivers such as found in the Beyers.
I agree with you on image blurring definitely, could it be because they are very intimate too, to be able to project clear imaging?

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #960 of 1,824
The bass is a definite welcome for sure, in regards to sound staging, the widest ive heard was my old k712 pro's,they seemed wide but imaging wasn't the best with them. Do you have any experience with them and a possible comparason if possible?

Its a different animal than the K712, I found the AKG’s imaging a bit flat myself, always been a complaint I’ve had with the K7 series. Very wide and spacious though, sometimes the K712 showed more depth on some systems though. The T1.3 isn’t K7 series wide but it’s sound is much more 3D and deep in my experience. Imaging is personal (can vary some person to person) and system dependent so your experience may vary some. It’s been too long since I’ve heard a K712. I have a K612 but that’s quite a different sounding headphone than the K712.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back