Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Sep 22, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #661 of 1,833
Did someone already played around with dekoni pads ?

Sep 22, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #662 of 1,833
I’ve done that and it made it darker and bassier. The T1.2 pads make the T1.3 sound even darker and bassier.
Thanks for that reply. I always have to mod all my cans to make them darker. Hearing this really gets my hopes up for the v3.
Always wanted to try beyers but the notorious treble always scares me away. To this day have bever heard a can dark enough for (except modded t50, but they have no sub bass :frowning2: :frowning2: )

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #663 of 1,833
Don't listen with the T1.3, it will spoil your ears and take away the fun of other headphones :wink:

Anyway, soon I'll be listen to a Denon AH-d9200, possibly at least an addition to the T1.3
Just waiting eagerly your impressions with the Denon :relaxed:

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #664 of 1,833
Sep 23, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #665 of 1,833
graph.png
(FRs normalized at 150Hz)

Yikes. :worried:

Looks like the T1.3's tuning is definitely not for me.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #667 of 1,833
The T1.3 does remind me a bit of the Nighthawks tuning but it's basically more resolving, has stronger dynamics, and doesn't have the cup resonance issues the Hawks have, I actually have both headphones.
Interesting. :thinking:

I hated the tuning of the NightHawks, and these looked like they might sound even worse. I'd be happy to be wrong, though. :sweat_smile:

Sep 23, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #668 of 1,833
Interesting. :thinking:

I hated the tuning of the NightHawks, and these looked like they might sound even worse. I'd be happy to be wrong, though. :sweat_smile:

Yeah people who dislike the Nighthawks tuning may not like these. I personally always liked the tuning on the Hawks but it's resonance issues, etc. and some treble irritation with extended listening is what prevented the Hawks from truly standing out to me. The Hawks don't scale the most either whereas the T1.3 which actually scales more than the T1.2 in my experience. The T1.3 is a dark and warm headphone and it’s not going to have the brilliance in the upper regions of the T1.2 or most other Beyers nor is it going to have the more present upper mids of the Senn HD 6xx line.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #670 of 1,833
Is the new T1 gen 3 still has that effect like you are listening on the studio rather than a large open area? I am interested in getting t1 gen 3 if it still has that effect but is smoother then gen 1 T1 which I find harsh in the upper frequencies.

Sep 25, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #671 of 1,833
T1.2 can deliver some wide-open sound-stage, but you need to push its limited.

The semi-open enclosure design means the back-ware can leak freely and keep air volume.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #673 of 1,833
My selection process is done, the following are eliminated:
- Focal Clear (I didn't like)
- Denon AH-d9200 (a really lovable headphone)

The winner, which going to stay with me: Beyerdynamic T1.3

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #674 of 1,833
I’ve been listening to them for a few days now, it did remind me just a little of the Audioquest Nightowls..but it does grow on you (or you get used to it)..I tried removing the dampening and that is certainly a big difference, sounded more like the gen 2..but I ended up putting them back to give it more time..I do like that it lets me listen louder than usual without fatigue..darker than any other Beyerdynamic I’ve tried.

Sep 26, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #675 of 1,833
Interesting.
I always wanted to own a pair of Beyers, so this one may be the one to get. (Note to myself: you've got plenty headphones right now, no need for another pair)
Very curious if these Beyers will receive similar hate as the NightHawks or if people are willing to give these some time to get used to (a favor the NightHawks in most cases didn't receive).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back