Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Sep 22, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #647 of 1,833
Do you use the 6.3 mm output? Do you notice differences between them?
Have not made any scientific work out of the tonal difference, only switched once, from 6.3 PHONES-out to 3.5 IEM-out. However, I noticed a more silky sound, so the T1.3 remains on the IEM-out of the RME.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #648 of 1,833
Do you notice T1 v3 not forgiving on bad masters or music productions? (similar to HD 800). I think that and the DAC-amp I use are possibly the problems I had with certain albums. With DT 1990 and Amiron I really enjoyed all of my music (some with one, and some with the other). With T1 I really love some of my music, but other just sound wrong.

Now I'm listening to Metallica - Black album... I recommend it to all T1 v3 users, never heard that power in the drums :L3000: , and the music flows, the bass does not overlap the other frequencies.

Sep 22, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #649 of 1,833
There will always be recordings that sound better on other headphones, but if your DAC-amp designs the lower mids and bass, this may not be the ideal combination with the T1.3.
By the way, the output resistance (10 Ohm?) of your headphone amplifier may be a little higher than the T1.3 would like.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #650 of 1,833
Can anyone with both v2 & v3 remove v3 damper, and swap pads and let me know if v3 is still darker and bassier. Was sold at first but after reading thread im beginning to think v3 is just a mod i do all the time :frowning2:

Sep 22, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #651 of 1,833
This could be tempting to pick up and see if it could be my all in one for music + gaming. I have an amp to use with PS4 but on Xbox I need to plug into the controller to use chat. At 32Ohms this might do fine powered off the controller when needing to chat.

Sep 22, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #652 of 1,833
This could be tempting to pick up and see if it could be my all in one for music + gaming. I have an amp to use with PS4 but on Xbox I need to plug into the controller to use chat. At 32Ohms this might do fine powered off the controller when needing to chat.
It definitely sounds like an amazing fit for gaming, but it has no mic so I don't really understand the use case for voice chat

Sep 22, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #653 of 1,833
It definitely sounds like an amazing fit for gaming, but it has no mic so I don't really understand the use case for voice chat

I'd throw a mod mic uni or mod mic wireless on it for when gaming. I loved my DT 1990Pro's but the high were just a bit too much for me for long 2-4 hour sessions.

Sep 22, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #654 of 1,833
Can anyone with both v2 & v3 remove v3 damper, and swap pads and let me know if v3 is still darker and bassier. Was sold at first but after reading thread im beginning to think v3 is just a mod i do all the time :frowning2:

I’ve done that and it made it darker and bassier. The T1.2 pads make the T1.3 sound even darker and bassier.

Sep 22, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #655 of 1,833
I’ve done that and it made it darker and bassier. The T1.2 pads make the T1.3 sound even darker and bassier.
Sounds amazing to me

Sep 22, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #656 of 1,833
Received a Focal Clear today, unpacked it, listened to it, and wrapped it up. Certainly an interesting headphone, but I much prefer the Beyerdynamic T1.3.

The T1.3 simply presents the music in a more relaxed, physical way, with more space, simply more complete. Admittedly, the Focal Clear works out the trebles more clearly, but something yells at me from the middles, this is the dealbreaker. A tubeamplifier might be a better match for the Focal Clear, but I don't want to hear it on my RME. Whoever binds himself „forever“ should check whether he can find something better, but the Focal Clear is not for me.

The Beyerdynamic T1.3 sounds like more, I listen for hours and look forward to the next listening session. The music flows, listen is relaxing.

Sep 22, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #658 of 1,833
That's why there are hundreds of headphones out there!
Enjoy!
It would be very boring if all those hundreds of headphones will sounds the same. This is why I'm torturing myself and my wallet. Having different headphones with different sound that will suit depending on the content and mood.

Sep 22, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #659 of 1,833
Don't listen with the T1.3, it will spoil your ears and take away the fun of other headphones :wink:

Anyway, soon I'll be listen to a Denon AH-d9200, possibly at least an addition to the T1.3

Sep 22, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #660 of 1,833
Received a Focal Clear today, unpacked it, listened to it, and wrapped it up. Certainly an interesting headphone, but I much prefer the Beyerdynamic T1.3.

The T1.3 simply presents the music in a more relaxed, physical way, with more space, simply more complete. Admittedly, the Focal Clear works out the trebles more clearly, but something yells at me from the middles, this is the dealbreaker. A tubeamplifier might be a better match for the Focal Clear, but I don't want to hear it on my RME. Whoever binds himself „forever“ should check whether he can find something better, but the Focal Clear is not for me.

The Beyerdynamic T1.3 sounds like more, I listen for hours and look forward to the next listening session. The music flows, listen is relaxing.
Sounds like a floorstander vs Bookshelf lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back