Beyerdynamic DTX 50
Mar 19, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by JensL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my DTX50 today. :)

Haven't used them much yet, but they definitely got some bass. Almost a little DT770. :wink:

It's actually quite comfy with the smallest rubber-thingies.

...I too have Beyerdynamics DT770 and prefer them over Sennheiser HD600...

So, I wonder, how you like DTX50 compared to DT770? Do you also have some other small headphones to compare?

Anyone else tried these new DTX50 headphones?

Mar 19, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #17 of 41
Last I heard from Beyerdynamic they were aiming for an end of March release in the US.

I want to try one our myself it they end up being cheap.

Mar 19, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last I heard from Beyerdynamic they were aiming for an end of March release in the US.

I want to try one our myself it they end up being cheap.

in UK they are £60 with 17% tax included, which is about $117. without tax it would be around $100...
to me that seems cheap for such type/specs, but that depends on the sound quality!
wink.gif

http://www.headphoneworld.com/produc..._name=In%20Ear

Mar 19, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #19 of 41
My initial excitement about the DTX50 has been greatly diminished by this:

Link

Booooooh! Looks like Beyer did buy into an open stock model...and Koss' version is only $25!

Mar 19, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #20 of 41
The specs are also very close. This surprised me. I find it hard to believe that Beyer is gonna rip people off. Even with similar numbers, they must be different and sound much better. Should just be the same housing with different cable/drivers.

Mar 20, 2007 at 11:28 AM Post #21 of 41
Well, I haven't had the time to use my DTX50 very much, but what I've heard is quite nice.
Lots of good bass, and pleasant highs. Not the most revealing headphone, but not half-bad.

Unfortunately I haven't got much experience with IEMs. Only tested the Shure E5c and Koss The Plug. The Koss is rubbish, and the Shure isn't. :)

In regards to the Koss which looks almost identical, I guess it's just the same as the DT440/660/860 and DTX700/800/900 range. Beyer buys some OEM headphone casings, and do their magic to them.
It's (mostly) what's inside that counts. :)

But a Koss KEB24bk vs. Beyer DTX50 comparison would be interesting.

Jun 29, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #22 of 41
From all accounts the KEB24bk is very subpar

Jul 25, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #24 of 41
what foam are you talking about? do you mean the silicon tips? are you talking about the DTX10?

Aug 18, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #26 of 41
What I'd like to know is how the DTX50 sounds compared to the Mylarone XBs. They're both bass-emphasized, but which one has the better mids and highs to carry it over?

Aug 29, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #28 of 41
Beyers in my opinion are more comfortable than my CX300s are, they feel like they fit in the air a bit better. not only that, but they isolate a bit more as well.

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by oli84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I'd like to know is how the DTX50 sounds compared to the Mylarone XBs. They're both bass-emphasized, but which one has the better mids and highs to carry it over?

i also like to know some comparisons among DTX50 vs ep630, mylarXB

also any tips how to get a better seal from dtx50, like any other earbuds other than the original ones to recommend for better seal? becoz i tried it the other day but didnt feel the bass was strong, im thinking now maybe i didnt get a good enough seal thats why?

Sep 4, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by imp0ssibled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i also like to know some comparisons among DTX50 vs ep630, mylarXB

also any tips how to get a better seal from dtx50, like any other earbuds other than the original ones to recommend for better seal? becoz i tried it the other day but didnt feel the bass was strong, im thinking now maybe i didnt get a good enough seal thats why?

If you don't find the bass strong, then you definitely have a problem with the seal. I found these to have MONSTER bass. I actually had to completely flatten my EQ with the DTX50 (and I usually keep bass boost on with my DT770/80
basshead.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back