Beyerdynamic DTX 50
Sep 4, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't find the bass strong, then you definitely have a problem with the seal. I found these to have MONSTER bass. I actually had to completely flatten my EQ with the DTX50 (and I usually keep bass boost on with my DT770/80
basshead.gif
).

so strange that day i actually felt the dtx50 bass was actually bout the same as my ep630's bass!?!

btw how bout bass among dtx50, JVC marshmallow fx33, mylarXB? how bout a possible ranking?

Oct 2, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #32 of 41
Like GTP I felt that the DTX50 had a TON of bass.

In fact, this is the first time I had to use bass reducer on my Ipod EQ!

They're not my cup of tea I guess. If anyone's interested I'm selling the DTX50's. They have less than 5 hours of use. PM me if interested.

Oct 2, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #33 of 41
i just received my order of the XB and DTX 50 from jaben
biggrin.gif

keep in mind i have only literally JUST received them a few hours ago. so far i've put on ab out 1.5 hours on the XB and 10mins on the DTX50

initial impressions is this:

- DTX50 is VERY bassy more than the ex71
- XB is nowhere near as bassy. in fact XB only seems just a bit bassier than my er6i and significantly less than my EX71
- XB is clearer (maybe just less boomy)
- UE double flange tips sound better with the XB compared to normal tips
- UE double flange does not fit on DTX50
- DTX50 isolation on par with EX71
- XB with double flange isolation better than DTX50 but still heaps away from er6i

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:09 AM Post #34 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by brattmoore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The DTX50 sounds much better with the foam removed : more highs. The bass is deep and tight, I love it ! To my ears, the highs on EP630-635 and CX300 sound too thin.

how do you do this?

any pictures to show this was done please? i find the sound of the dtx50 quite muffled relative to the XB

Oct 13, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #35 of 41
ok after a bit of time with my DTX50 i can say that i am quite disappointed with their performance.

didn't know what i was expecting, but Beyer is such a reputable brand, however the DTX50 just fails to live up to the name.

i listen to my XB soo much more than the DTX50s.

what does everyone else think?

opinions? and how do these compare to the Koss versions?

Nov 8, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #36 of 41
what eartips fit this IEM?

i find the stock eartips to not isolate well enough, are there any alternatives?

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My initial excitement about the DTX50 has been greatly diminished by this:

Link

Booooooh! Looks like Beyer did buy into an open stock model...and Koss' version is only $25!

Yeah i was going to state this before I read your comment. I too am disappointed that the beyer is just another "me-too" model...it looked like an original design until I did some research and found the Koss...although the driver could be totally different. E.g. a lot of people think the EP-630 are the same as Senn CX300...yeah right! The EP-630 is 8.5mm driver and the CX300 is 12.5mm and much more bass and quality!

So who knows, the Beyer might look the same as Koss but it all comes down to the driver in the end!

Nov 9, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by kikkomang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try doing the kramer mod to them.

take out the paper filter and put a foam filter in it's place.

how do you do that?

im beginning to feel that my dtx50 is a defect model or something...

bass is very exaggerated(more than ex71) midrange is very marginal(just boomy) highs arent crash hot. the sound is so muddy relative to the mylarXB and especially the er6i

i've taken the stock tips off and experimented with large sony tips and also tried the UE double flange which is marginally better by reducing boom

and on amazon, they are sold for more than my er6i!!!! i just fail to see why some people like this dtx 50, the sound is just NOT worth $80US.

as a result im desperately trying to get people's feedback on these.

ps.. i got mine from jaben if country differences are evident
confused.gif

Sep 22, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #40 of 41
I'd suggest there is something wrong with your DTX 50. Westone UM1 were muddy to my ears, these aren't (as a comparison price wise). I bought the bundle of mylarone and Beyerdynamics from Jaben for my wife, and I am pleasantly surprised with the DTX 50. Highs go higher than I was expecting (not perfect of course, but wasn't expecting perfection at this price point), vocals / mids seem nice, quite forward, and the bass is very good for tracks which require it. I'm using the Beyerdynamics with the mylarone bi-flanges. They respond well to amplification. Highs are better with the Go Vibe petite.

I may get myself a pair as a cheaper back up to my Sleeks and Etymotics, or for days when I'd like a bit more bass. The listening continues and then I'll decide. I need to take them out on the subway, and see how they isolate.

Dec 31, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #41 of 41
bought these for $27 on an amazon closeout, and I can see why they were that cheap. They are absolutely horrible. I prefer the ex51 or even cheap philips in ears to these. I also bought some koss ktx1pros at the same time, and they blow these things out of the water. The beyers sound muddy and while having good bass, sound really bad in the highs and mid department. I guess there's a reason why they were so cheap. I am giving these things away, since I will never use them. Even my horrible e2cs sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back