Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO vs AKG K-701
Jan 4, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #31 of 35
Aaaaaah nice to hear the DT990 pros are good! As I impulse bought some as my first Beyer. I prefer that movie theatresque sound sig. I'd hope they are not as airy as my k701, nor as oily as the koss

Then you've picked a spot on headphone for you because these sound just like a movie theatre speaker. And they're not nearly as bass heavy as the Koss Porta Pro. But they're bright too and very detailed in the mids so basically you get lots of clarity and the bass depending on the music can give some growl but imo it's not overly dominant as to be only bass but it's in my opinion that these supply enough bass to let you know it's there which to some is too much but that's subjective. To me apart from the treble spike these are finely balanced, I love them.

I truly couldn't have picked a better headphone for movies or gaming. Period. And for me in music they're fantastic too. But for the money these are a bonafide bargain! 

The only issue I have with these is their internal build quality but that's what the warranty is for, I unfortunately had to make use of it but you'll probably be fine.

Jan 5, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #33 of 35
Both are refined, but yes the DT packs a serious sub bass layer. When enticed to do so, the Beyer can detach your retinas, all the while maintaining mids and treble. The Beyer is easier to drive too.

Jan 5, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #34 of 35
Then you've picked a spot on headphone for you because these sound just like a movie theatre speaker. And they're not nearly as bass heavy as the Koss Porta Pro. But they're bright too and very detailed in the mids so basically you get lots of clarity and the bass depending on the music can give some growl but imo it's not overly dominant as to be only bass but it's in my opinion that these supply enough bass to let you know it's there which to some is too much but that's subjective. To me apart from the treble spike these are finely balanced, I love them.

I truly couldn't have picked a better headphone for movies or gaming. Period. And for me in music they're fantastic too. But for the money these are a bonafide bargain! 

The only issue I have with these is their internal build quality but that's what the warranty is for, I unfortunately had to make use of it but you'll probably be fine.

I'm really loving these, holy *bleep* :dt880smile: I put on the he-400 after a session with the 990s and....... Wow just simply wrecked the he-400. They feel like one of those high class stuffed animals are hugging my head.

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #35 of 35
I'm really loving these, holy *bleep*
dt880smile.png
I put on the he-400 after a session with the 990s and....... Wow just simply wrecked the he-400. They feel like one of those high class stuffed animals are hugging my head.

Lol I forgot to mention that they're extremely comfy with the fur-like velour ear pads! 

Open backed with strong bass.

Heaps of clarity. 

It's really a spot on headphone and for the money I'd like someone to show me something all around better....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back