Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm Review (Rock music, teenage perspective, budget gear)
Jun 21, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #31 of 43

990 pro has a coiled cable and some would say it has a "dated" look. 990 premium has a more updated look and a straight cable. 

Oh that too, some people for what ever reason feel that a "Coiled" cable is disgusting and can't live with it. I'll have you know that coiled cable was a god send, it rarely ever got caught on anything, straight cables piss me off :/ 

Jun 21, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #32 of 43
great review :)
maybe you should give bands like kings of leon (listening to it right now :wink: ), franz ferdinand and arcade fire a try, especially since you mentioned gaslight anthem and coldplay.

i'm looking forward on your thoughts on the he-400 because i want to upgrade too, but i'm a bit undecided if i should buy the 990 pro or the he-400...
(still using 770 pro and loving them)

Jun 21, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #33 of 43
The DT990 and K701 aren't mid-fi? And so it seems the K701 are the better choice for Classical,Jazz and Gaming?

I wouldn't call them mid-fi, they're definitely hi-fi, one step below high end. As I said, they match and beat T1's in certain areas and there's not a significant loss of sound quality in direct comparison. Difference compared to HD558's is bigger.

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #34 of 43
Y'all are crazy sensitive to weight or something... I can wear my HE-500 for 8hrs + easily lol

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #36 of 43
  Y'all are crazy sensitive to weight or something... I can wear my HE-500 for 8hrs + easily lol

My hobbies and job puts a lot of stress on my neck. So when I go into listening to music my neck is normally sore. Last couple of weeks I've really stepped away from headphones and been listening to speakers. The bass impact and soundstage I get from my speakers I really do feel is better then any pair of headphones I own. The 2 reasons I can see headphones being better is when I need to use my usb microphone or I need to get the volume down in the house. 

Jun 23, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #37 of 43
Folex,

I feel your pain. I am disabled. primarily with neuropathy. I have tried 10 kinds of rubs that stink and heat the muscles/nerves and inflames them. I found a product called Tropicin that has 2 patents for pain relief. I works wonders on my feet. Call 1-845-871-4900 and ask for Gayle. You can order direct and save money. Direct is the lowest price in the country. Ask her to send some trial packets to see if they work. My friends swear by it but it does not work on all types of pain. Do it soon as they are going to have a big summer sale for exhisting customers. 

Jun 23, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #38 of 43
Folex,

I feel your pain. I am disabled. primarily with neuropathy. I have tried 10 kinds of rubs that stink and heat the muscles/nerves and inflames them. I found a product called Tropicin that has 2 patents for pain relief. I works wonders on my feet. Call 1-845-871-4900 and ask for Gayle. You can order direct and save money. Direct is the lowest price in the country. Ask her to send some trial packets to see if they work. My friends swear by it but it does not work on all types of pain. Do it soon as they are going to have a big summer sale for exhisting customers. 

I take it you work there

Jun 24, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #39 of 43
I really enjoyed the review since I can identify the same experience with my DT 990 Pro's. I honestly have no problem with the 'harsh' treble other reviewers complain about, because it is, amongst other things, what gives the Beyer's their grade of definition. Other headphones will muffle the treble a bit, losing detail.

Really nice review, man.

Jun 24, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #41 of 43
  I'll bet they do sound amazing and I'm looking to find out how they're compared with some other open cans

One thing I can tell you is beyer 990's absolute destroy sennheiser 555's and anything grados. I love sennheiser but the 555's sound artificial and the grados will kill your ears and it won't stop. The 990's bothered my ears but within 5 days I got used too it. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #42 of 43

One thing I can tell you is beyer 990's absolute destroy sennheiser 555's and anything grados. I love sennheiser but the 555's sound artificial and the grados will kill your ears and it won't stop. The 990's bothered my ears but within 5 days I got used too it. 

Again... for th e Money $150... it's a well it's an awesome buy 

Jun 26, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #43 of 43
I think it is the best buy of the 22 headphones I own. I would have been very happy if they had cost me almost twice the price. Conversely, I barely like my AKG 702s for the $189 I paid new. Pricing in this audio category has gotten so screwy that normal price/performance ratios no longer apply. I paid $59 for my Martin Logan Mykos 90s and $64 for my Harman Kardon CLs. Both new. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back