Beyerdynamic DT990 for trance, electronic music?
Apr 20, 2012 at 7:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ezphoto

New Head-Fier

Help guys. I'm pretty new when it comes to audio. When I was searching, a lot of people recommend getting DT990 for trance and electronic music. I have Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10, Audio-Technica ATH-M50 and FiiO E17. I'm thinking about selling my M50 and upgrade to something better. I'm kinda looking for portable one not too big. I was thinking about getting in-ear monitors but I don't think it will have enough bass for my music. So, I think I'll just go with portable headphone.

What do you guys recommend? My price range is below 500? but I'm pretty flexible with the price as long as it's worth paying for  lol.

anyway, is E17 enough juice to drive DT990? I just got E17 yesterday and still testing it out.

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
Help guys. I'm pretty new when it comes to audio. When I was searching, a lot of people recommend getting DT990 for trance and electronic music. I have Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10, Audio-Technica ATH-M50 and FiiO E17. I'm thinking about selling my M50 and upgrade to something better. I'm kinda looking for portable one not too big. I was thinking about getting in-ear monitors but I don't think it will have enough bass for my music. So, I think I'll just go with portable headphone.
What do you guys recommend? My price range is below 500? but I'm pretty flexible with the price as long as it's worth paying for  lol.
anyway, is E17 enough juice to drive DT990? I just got E17 yesterday and still testing it out.

If you like full bass, full treble, nice sound stage and average vocals, then get the DT990 Pro (or Premium) 250-Ohm.
My Fiio E11 does a fair job of driving my DT990 Pro 250-Ohm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back