Beyerdynamic dt770 vs Ultrasone HFI-680 vs Ultrasone PRO 750??
Aug 22, 2012 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sizzlinshred

New Head-Fier
Which one has the overall best performance in terms of OVERALL quality and performance?

I got the HFI-680's this week have been playing them a lot but they still sound not up to my standards.

I'm using a 15 year old Sony AV receiver right now plugged into my soundcard to drive them.

I'm considering returning them and getting either the Ultrasone Pro 750's or Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohms.

And I'm still waiting on my Rolls HA43 pro headphone amp.

What do you think I should do return the HFI-680's wait longer for them to burn in?

DT770 or Pro 750? which is better?

I listen to metal, dubstep, video games, movies, youtube, etc, basically anything and everything.

My Budget is $250

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 3
The DT770 pros are awesome. Nice long sub bass response, fairly nice mid-range coverage and the trebls are somewhat subdued. 
I haven't had a chance to try the others though, so this is just my own experiences.

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 3
I've owned the Pro 750's and DT770 Pro's. The Beyers have much better mids, and are overall much more balanced.

The Pro 750's have ridiculous bass though. Much, much more than the Beyers, but they also have much more treble energy. It's really nice for some types of music, but at times it can get a little harsh.

Soundstage is comparable. The Pro 750's extend forward and back more, while the Beyers extend to your sides better.

I also think the Pro 750's have better transient speed. Bass and treble are both a bit quicker on them, especially if you don't have a dedicated headphone amp for the DT770 Pro's.

So... In summation: The DT770 Pro's are better all-round 'phones, but the Pro 750's might fit your taste in music better. (I never found the recessed mids on the Pro 750's to be too much of a bother with movies and games. Just with my folk music.)

If you can't tell, I kind of miss my Pro 750's.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back