Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohms: How is the treble?
Mar 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #16 of 18
I can see some DT770 users who do not have decent amplification coming away with a poor opinion of the DT770s.

Mar 3, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
The mids sounded very recessed but very clear, many confuse clear vocals with forward midrange, vocals and instruments can be perfectly clear sounding which they are with DT770 but they still sound distant in relative to low and high frequencies which I found on DT770 Pro 80 

Then it's a whole different topic if YOU like this sound or not but the question was if the headphones are V-shaped or not which is true IMO and not what kind of you sound you personally prefer. V-shaped is no worse than flat response, there's nothing that's better than the other, you just have to follow your own preferences. I'm just saying this because I know some people that like V-shape response actually thinks it sounds flat only because they heard "audiophiles" were preaching how flat response is always best yaddayadda and therefore they may not be willing to admit they like a non-flat response.

Good points on both counts. The 770pro vocals are not as forward , but still very clear. except, I found that around the 16-18khz range it really starts to pick up, I'm not sure how correct that range is, but it sounds like that to me when I listen to male opera. 

personally I've found that a lot of new comers (like me a year ago) to our little hobby jump to IEMs like the UM3X and expect wonderful sound only to be disappointed, but pretend to like them anyway. However when I very gently show them the C710 from denon, which is extremely V shaped, they like that much better. 

In my experience, flat frequency response doesn't generally sound very nice or exciting to listen to. of course, individual preferences differ, but, generally :)

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #18 of 18
I had another very good listening session with the 770s last night and played some demanding rock recordings with plenty of high-energy treble information and I just can't find anything wrong with the treble signature of the 770s. They seem to do a really good job at keeping the high frequencies proportionate to the source while being properly controlled and musical. Personal taste of course, but I really like the treble with these headphones. Just goes to show, one persons food is another persons poison. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back