Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #271 of 464
I like the 250ohm version best. 80ohm has too much bass imho. But if you like a lot of bass that might be your cup of tea.

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #273 of 464
Haven't listend to these 770 in some time and forgot how good they were.  Enjoying them quite a bit again.

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #274 of 464
Can you guys recommend a good dac-amp for the DT 770 250? I will use it mainly with my desktop at home and laptop at work. Will carry everyday to work and back home. Will have limited use with my Xperia Z1 as well. With all these in mind, what can be a dac-amp for about $300 max?

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #275 of 464
  Can you guys recommend a good dac-amp for the DT 770 250? I will use it mainly with my desktop at home and laptop at work. Will carry everyday to work and back home. Will have limited use with my Xperia Z1 as well. With all these in mind, what can be a dac-amp for about $300 max?

I often use mine with a Fiio X3 and enjoy the results. sometimes Line out to amp, sometimes as a DAC to laptop, and sometimes stand alone.

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #277 of 464
  with or without amp? Does X3 (or X5) benefit a lot having an external amp driving the dt770 250?

Yes I am sure that it could be argued that it benefits from an amp, it does, but having said that I often use it without and enjoy my music very much. Plus I am able to use the line out to my car audio back and forth to work. The X3 has a very decent amp, I set it to low gain for my grado 225i and high gain for my DT 770s. At home I use it line out to a schiit Vali, but I dont hesitate to plug headphones straight in when I am moving about, or listening away from my desk.

Jul 5, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #279 of 464
I like the 250ohm version best. 80ohm has too much bass imho. But if you like a lot of bass that might be your cup of tea.

Even more bass than a ath m50? Can you please compare the 250ohm version with the 80 ohm and 32 one?
I am mostly a guy that listen to pop rock and edm through is ipod , ipad air 2 and note 4... My favorite headphones so far are the hd25 from sennheiser, over ear momentum (wich i had to let go due to small pads) and ath m500.... Had a alg k550 but it was horribly sterile IMO.... I always thought of getting the 80 or 32 version but since i never tried any beyer headphone i never had the courage to pull the trigger....

Although.... This week a very interesting deal appeared.... A guy on a portuguese forum proposed to sell me a mint condition 250ohm one for 80 euros wich is basically half of what a brand new pair costs in europe.... I am super tempted to accept but at the same time i know i will have to get a amp ASAP....

So what do you guys think.... Knowing my types of music and my favourite headphones so far do you think the dt770 is a match for me?

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #280 of 464
I would go ahead and get them. That is a great price. And I know you will like them as you listen to the exact same music I do. As for comparing them to the m50 I can't because I don't have experience with those headphones.

But I would get the 250ohm version instead of the 80ohm or 32ohm. It's the best in my opinion.

Jul 6, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #281 of 464
Except he needs to go with the 80ohm or 32ohm versions for his portable devices.

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #282 of 464
I would go ahead and get them. That is a great price. And I know you will like them as you listen to the exact same music I do. As for comparing them to the m50 I can't because I don't have experience with those headphones.

But I would get the 250ohm version instead of the 80ohm or 32ohm. It's the best in my opinion.

why do you think its the best version of all the dt770s?

Except he needs to go with the 80ohm or 32ohm versions for his portable devices.

besides the impedance and volume what changes in sound between the 250 , the80 and 32 ohm one?

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #283 of 464
why do you think its the best version of all the dt770s?
besides the impedance and volume what changes in sound between the 250 , the80 and 32 ohm one?

The higher the impedance, the higher the sound quality.  It's very noticeable, but the 250-ohm version should best be paired with a powerful portable amplifier like the Stepdance or Quickstep or a desktop amplifer, which will run on +/-15V, which is what higher-impedance headphones benefit best from.  Straight out of your ipad and such, the 80-ohm and 32-ohm versions will give you better sound than the 250-ohm version because the 250 will be underpowered.

600-ohm version is best, but you have to swap out the drivers on one of the other versions for it because Beyer is no longer assembling 600-ohm 770s.  Next best is the 250-ohm, it renders sound with little bit higher fidelity and more control than the 80-ohm and 32-ohm versions.  The 80-ohm and 32-ohm versions will have little bit stronger bass, though.

Jul 7, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #284 of 464
I agree with Mad Max. If you only use portable devices you might want to go with the 80ohm or 32ohm. But just as a side note. I run my 250ohm on my Laptop no problem. And to your question on the differences between them, the 80ohm version has more bass. But the 250ohm feels like it has a more even in tonal balance.

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #285 of 464
I agree with Mad Max. If you only use portable devices you might want to go with the 80ohm or 32ohm. But just as a side note. I run my 250ohm on my Laptop no problem. And to your question on the differences between them, the 80ohm version has more bass. But the 250ohm feels like it has a more even in tonal balance.

The thing is is not a question of wich one i want.... In this case the 250ohm is my only option....
Rewinding.... As i said before i mostly use portable sources yes.... If i was going to choose a brand new 770 i would of course be choosing between the 32 and 80ohm version.... Thing is.... The 32', 80 and 250 versions cost around 150 euros new.... I have a proposal for a mint condition 250ohm one with, box acessoriies, invoice (still with 1 year and 3 months of warranty left) for 80 euros.... So basically, the only reason i am considiring the 250ohm one is because i can get it for half the price of any of them new.

About the sonic difference between the 80 and 250 version.... The differences are very noticeable? How stonger is the bass on the 80 and how agressive are the mids and highs on the 250 when comparing botth...? Wich has the more pleasant and best all rounder sound? Specially for pop, rocj, indie and edm (trance and progressive mostly)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back