Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohms vs. AKG K550?
Jan 17, 2013 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Smiller4128

New Head-Fier
Im looking into getting one of these headphones to use mainly for Late night movie watching but I would also use them for music and some gaming as well (when I dont need to chat of course). I'm just wondering which of these would be my best option? Any advice is appreciated thank you!

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Im looking into getting one of these headphones to use mainly for Late night movie watching but I would also use them for music and some gaming as well (when I dont need to chat of course). I'm just wondering which of these would be my best option? Any advice is appreciated thank you!

To simplify:

DT770: Bassy, a little bright.
K550: Neutral, dry.

Do you want fun or reference? If you want fun, go DT770. If you want reference, go K550.

For movies, hands down, I'd go with fun... the DT770.

Very best,

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #4 of 4
The 770 pro is bassy, but probably not so bassy as most people expect. Actually its bass is only enhanced in a fairly narrow range around or a little above 100Hz. Other than that its sound signature is pretty thin. So you're not necessarily going to feel it bassy especially when your music doesn't have too much to do with that frequency range. 

I have an impression somebody said that 770 pro was popular as monitors in the film industry, and it does have an excellent performance when I use them for movie watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back