Beyerdynamic DT770-05 still kicks arse!
Sep 26, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #31 of 63
That is funny.....????. you seem to don't understand.... I want to get the party in peace and you continue adding fuel to the fire......
Who hell do you think that you are????. A kind of evil clown or what?
definitively you are a stupid man and the most irritating/annoying/unpleasant person that i have seen here.... And please stop annoying me imbecile, get the message??, or you want that i explain you with plasticine??

Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry Guys I'll stop arguing with him. This guy has been getting on my nerves for a while about different issues like telling headfiers not to get expensive headphones and giving the money to charity etc...
biggrin.gif
I think that was in the ultrasone 780 thread. You should read the threads
biggrin.gif
It was disgusting

check out skylabs post (#862) quoting him on this thread for example hehehe
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/so-...7/index58.html

OK thats the last of that. I'm moving on

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #33 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is funny.....????. you seem to don't understand.... I want to get the party in peace and you continue adding fuel to the fire......
Who hell do you think that you are????. A kind of evil clown or what?
definitively you are a stupid man and the most irritating/annoying/unpleasant person that i have seen here.... And please stop annoying me imbecile, get the message??, or your want that i explain you with plasticine??

??? Youre quoting my post before you wanted peace. anyway keep on insulting me. I dont care. yeah peace

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #34 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone here compared these 770-05s to the dt150 by the way?

Not at the same time but I prefer the DT150 over the 770 (05) anyday.

The DT 150 gives you tight, dynamic bass and a balanced sonic presentation. Great sounding for a closed can and ahead of the 770 by any measure.

The only downside occurs when you catch sight of yourself in mirror with one perched on your head.
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #36 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjgarcia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep in mind this is a noob description running off of an iPhone 3g (way underpowered) and the phones only have about 60 hours of time on them..

Any recommendations for an amp for these sweet sounding cans?

-Robert

The iQube does pretty well with the DT770...

Also, the Little Dot MK1 is a very good amp (for it's price).

dt880smile.png

EK

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #37 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbln /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not at the same time but I prefer the DT150 over the 770 (05) anyday.

The DT 150 gives you tight, dynamic bass and a balanced sonic presentation. Great sounding for a closed can and ahead of the 770 by any measure.

The only downside occurs when you catch sight of yourself in mirror with one perched on your head.
tongue_smile.gif

Are you sure you are talking about the DT770 consumer premium headphone,
and not the Pro ones?
I'm not questioning your expertise, but since there so many models of the DT770...

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #39 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure you are talking about the DT770 consumer premium headphone,
and not the Pro ones?
I'm not questioning your expertise, but since there so many models of the DT770...

No offense taken.
beerchug.gif

Yup, it was the DT770 05 consumer model. I have both the 880 and 990 and they did not sound this bright, even when new.

The headphone was also supposed to have been broken in as it was a demo model.

I had high hopes for it as I was looking for a closed version of the DT880/990.

Goes to show how we all hear things differently.

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #40 of 63
hmm, i think i'll pass on this now and focus more on the dt-150. I couldn't even stand 5 minutes of the 990 05s highs when the music had lots of energy in the sibilance region. If this is brighter
deadhorse.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #41 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbln /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had high hopes for it as I was looking for a closed version of the DT880/990.

Goes to show how we all hear things differently.

No, I absolutely agree. But since I'm a trebblehead...
wink_face.gif

m00h

Sep 26, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #43 of 63
I'll see how it goes for a while. I have a 2Move on the way to give these guys some actual power and I will see how it compares.

I can tell during my current listening that it is really starving for power. It can get "some" volume, but it isn't the same if that makes sense..

-Robert

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #44 of 63
Well, for those of you interested, the 2move did help some, but now that I am passing the 100 hour mark on these, I am noticing a significant improvement..
biggrin.gif

The highs aren't nearly as "harsh" and the bass is more present and very tight..

Me Like!!!

-Robert

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #45 of 63
The crossfeed helps too, to attenuate/reduce the harshness; and widen the soundstage too and the sound is cleaner. All at expense of a little bit less of bass punch, some midrange (a smidgen) and slightly less soundstage depth....
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjgarcia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, for those of you interested, the 2move did help some, but now that I am passing the 100 hour mark on these, I am noticing a significant improvement..
biggrin.gif

The highs aren't nearly as "harsh" and the bass is more present and very tight..

Me Like!!!

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back