Beyerdynamic DT770-05 still kicks arse!
Sep 25, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #16 of 63
Bah, you are a hopelessly stupid. You don't deserve that i respond you. And please, don't understimate me....
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apparently you dont understand english very well, I did not say I didn't hate them so don't call me a hypocrite before you study what I said. I said "I don't hate on them to get personal with you". Do you know what that means? It means that I dont criticize them just to piss you off. I do it because I really dont like them.

If someone said that the mids on the 770s are similar but more recessed than the 990s then it would satisfy my curiosity very fast which is why the need for the 990s in the equation. No need to get offended with calling your headphones no good for me.

Why are you so defensive of the 990s anyway, you dont need to drag your justification of liking the 990s into this because it was my question in the first place. Just ignore it or put me in your ignore list if you get offended by me pissing on the crappy ass dt990s

Sep 25, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #18 of 63
Haha, what man so "funny"/sarcastic....
Quote:

Wilashort, I edited my post a little for your pleasure.

Sep 25, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #19 of 63
for the weaks?
biggrin.gif
nevermind.

Sep 25, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #20 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bah, you are a hopelessly stupid. You don't deserve that i respond you. And please, don't understimate me....

Wilashort, how come you're not banned yet? You keep on offending and insulting people here on Head-fi.

Sep 25, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #21 of 63
Why you want that i get banned??....But, i will answer you. Because i do not insult really to nobody, and i am very helpful.../kind with the people of this community....
And as i said to you (the other time) mind your own business....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wilashort, how come you're not banned yet? You keep on offending people here on Head-fi.

Sep 25, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #22 of 63
Quote:

m00hk00h,
How do they sound exactly compared to the d2000? what do they beat them in? somehow I am suspicious about the mids on these. They have got to be better than the dt990 05s mids for me to want to try them.

Sorry, I didn't have the chance to A/B DT770 and DT990 under "controlled" circumstances (and trade shows aren't controlled in any way, IMHO)...so unfortunately I can't help you out on this.

And the reason for me liking the DT770s better than the D200s is simple. I didn't like the bass of the D2000s and tamed it. But when I can have a headphone that has less bass without mods AND has better isolation for when I really need it I don't see why I shouldn't change the phone.
It also seems that I'm a beyerdynamic team member, so...
wink.gif

@wilashort:
Your are getting on my nerves, too. A little bit of self-confidence isn't a bad thing. But if you overdo it...it pretty fast turns into arrogance for others. Especially when it's pretty obvious that you often don't even know what you talk about or don't have a full understanding of the things you talk about.
I don't want you to get baned - no, the opposite is the case. I telling you this so you can work on how you are seen by the community.

m00h

Sep 25, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #23 of 63
Quote:

m00hk00h,
How do they sound exactly compared to the d2000? what do they beat them in? somehow I am suspicious about the mids on these. They have got to be better than the dt990 05s mids for me to want to try them.

I'm not m00hk00h, but will try to answer as well.
The only DT990 I had was the old classic model, so I can't compare.
In the D2000 vs DT770/2005, the bass of the DT is much better. The bass is lighter, tighter and better defined (better texture). When a acousic bass is played, you hear it, and you will not confuse them with a electric bass. The D2000 bass let you guess what it is.
The mids of the DT770 are in my opinion not recessed, they are just right and balanced.
Vocals on the D2000 sounded often recessed to my ears. And not only when they were mixed to the back. On the DT770, they are exactly where they are supposed to be.
The DT770 (comsumer) has more PRaT, more fun. And they handle all types of music very well.
Details and soundstage are more or less the same.
The DT770 are to my ears and with my equipment brighter and more sibilant than the D2000, the main reason I don't have them anymore.

Sep 25, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #26 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by m00hk00h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want you to get baned - no, the opposite is the case. I telling you this so you can work on how you are seen by the community.

m00h

x2. Wilashort has been indeed helpful to community members like me. But arguing back and forth is not the way to go, and may just get those involved in it banned AFAIK
frown.gif
Which is something I would definitely not like! Just drop it yall!
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif

*edit* FYI I'm not going around accusing anyone of starting or prolonging the argument here, but it's very important that the argument ceases, no matter who takes the first step to end it!!!!

Sep 25, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #27 of 63
Sorry Guys I'll stop arguing with him. This guy has been getting on my nerves for a while about different issues like telling headfiers not to get expensive headphones and giving the money to charity etc...
biggrin.gif
I think that was in the ultrasone 780 thread. You should read the threads
biggrin.gif
It was disgusting

check out skylabs post (#862) quoting him on this thread for example hehehe
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/so-...7/index58.html

OK thats the last of that. I'm moving on

Sep 25, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #28 of 63
Ok, thanks for the words....
Quote:

Originally Posted by m00hk00h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@wilashort:
Your are getting on my nerves, too. A little bit of self-confidence isn't a bad thing. But if you overdo it...it pretty fast turns into arrogance for others. Especially when it's pretty obvious that you often don't even know what you talk about or don't have a full understanding of the things you talk about.

m00h

Ok....
Quote:

ok m00hk00h nothing wrong with being a beyer fan
biggrin.gif
Wilashort is a different case altogether hehehe

Thank you very much for your kind words...
I will 'try' to control my emotions....
Cheers
Quote:

Originally Posted by denl82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. Wilashort has been indeed helpful to community members like me. But arguing back and forth is not the way to go, and may just get those involved in it banned AFAIK
frown.gif
Which is something I would definitely not like! Just drop it yall!
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif

*edit* FYI I'm not going around accusing anyone of starting or prolonging the argument here, but it's very important that the argument ceases, no matter who takes the first step to end it!!!!

Sep 26, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #29 of 63
Maybe I can help get the thread back on track..
L3000.gif

I got mine in today and had a chance to listen for about 30 minutes so far... I don't have an amp, so I expect the sound will be better controlled with the amp.

I looked through the glossary and the best I can come up with so far is that they are detailed, crisp, and have a touch of sibilance.
biggrin.gif

Keep in mind this is a noob description running off of an iPhone 3g (way underpowered) and the phones only have about 60 hours of time on them..

Any recommendations for an amp for these sweet sounding cans?

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back