Beyerdynamic DT1350 discontinued?
May 23, 2012 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

GoSUV

100+ Head-Fier
I know there are still tons of them out in the field, but Beyerdynamic's NA website doesn't seem to list it anymore. Curiously, the T50p is still there.

Are we expecting a replacement to the DT1350 soon?

May 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

I can see it too. Funny thing about these two headphones, they look very similar, but one is really good and the other is at best meh.

If the DT1350 is discontinued, then beyer picked the wrong headphones.
wink_face.gif

May 23, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 13
That would be a quick discontinuation.

May 23, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:
That would be a quick discontinuation.

Quote:
I can't see Beyer discontinuing the DT 1350.  It is really a good headphone.  I haven't head the T50P, but my curiosity is really piqued.

I don't think its being discontinued. Just someone had a hard time finding it on the beyer website, but in the end its there. Let's all take a deep breath and relax.
smile.gif

May 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #7 of 13
Ah ok it is being listed under "Studio and stage" use rather than "Portable/Mobile" use. Who would have thought this, because curiously both the T5p and T70p are there under "Portable/Mobile", given their size. Somebody needs to talk to their product manager and webpage designer I guess.

May 24, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:
Ah ok it is being listed under "Studio and stage" use rather than "Portable/Mobile" use. Who would have thought this, because curiously both the T5p and T70p are there under "Portable/Mobile", given their size. Somebody needs to talk to their product manager and webpage designer I guess.

The DT-1350 is a professional headphone not a part of the consumer products from Beyerdynamic - like T70, T5p etc. 

May 24, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

The DT-1350 is a professional headphone not a part of the consumer products from Beyerdynamic - like T70, T5p etc. 

can you explain that a bit? how you define professional headphone compared with consumer products? its not the price range obviously

May 24, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:
can you explain that a bit? how you define professional headphone compared with consumer products? its not the price range obviously

Professional = more flat, uncoloured. Consumer/audiophile = enhanced, coloured. Some are marketed as for professional/studio use but actually are consumer products like Beats, etc.

May 24, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:
 Professional = more flat, uncoloured. Consumer/audiophile = enhanced, coloured. Some are marketed as for professional/studio use but actually are consumer products like Beats, etc.

Haha, you mean not only the Beats but 90% of the really low end trash out there that tries to pass itself off as 'professional'.

May 24, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #12 of 13

By that I mean that the DT-1350 simply belongs to the professional product line of the Beyerdynamic headphones versus the consumer line.
When you look at the website the categories At Home, Mobile/Portable and Gaming headsets are their consumer line. The rest are aiming at professional use somehow.

So it is not a price issue but as nikp explains the purpose, design, (ie. DT-770, 880 and 990 with spiral cables instead of straight etc) and the sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back