Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone
Sep 21, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #4,066 of 4,782
Thank you all for answers!
What about using balanced 2,5 output of Qudelix with adapter to 3,5 for the headphones? Would it work or is it a crime ? :smile:
I'm currently using balanced T1.3 on Qudelix and 6,3 adapter to connect it to Schiit stack if needed and as far as i'm aware it is all fine, but idea with which i came up for 1990, putting higher voltage on unbalanced connector sound a bit worrying to me, lol.

Sep 21, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #4,067 of 4,782
Thank you all for answers!
What about using balanced 2,5 output of Qudelix with adapter to 3,5 for the headphones? Would it work or is it a crime ? :smile:
I'm currently using balanced T1.3 on Qudelix and 6,3 adapter to connect it to Schiit stack if needed and as far as i'm aware it is all fine, but idea with which i came up for 1990, putting higher voltage on unbalanced connector sound a bit worrying to me, lol.
Using single ended headphones on a balanced output will fry your headphones

Sep 21, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #4,069 of 4,782
Won’t it wreck the amp, rather than the headphones?

Sep 21, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #4,071 of 4,782
Anyone tried to use this with Qudelix 5k?
I don't have the 5K, but it does up to 2V out of the 3.5mm output. This should be more than enough unless you listen at rock concert levels.

As others have pointed out, you should never use this headphone (un-modded) with a balanced output.

Oct 11, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #4,073 of 4,782
Oct 12, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #4,074 of 4,782
The foam disc goes under the mount clip. The ear pads go over the mount clip.

The foam disc goes under the mount clip. The ear pads go over the mount clip.

new-liner-installed.jpg
Just order it and some spare parts on the europe website, because US website sold out,
But there was a ridiculous thing happens to me and waste my money.

I need to use the international forwarding company to ship it to me,
After I purchase, I found wrong information about the shipping (auto fill by google),
The international forwarding company I use has a policy , if the name not correct, will be treated as abandoned.

So I emailing them to change of it, But they tell me can't change any information, even the product not start to ship. I tell them the product will be lost, but they just keep saying the system and company policy, they can't help or conncet to they warehouse. And I can't even cancel the order. So they will keep shipping even they know it will be lost.

I know I have a certain responsibility for my mistake. but I feel angry, and disponiting about this. The customers service is not helpful at all.
If you guys want to buy something on their website should be very careful.

Oct 12, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #4,075 of 4,782
Just order it and some spare parts on the europe website, because US website sold out,
But there was a ridiculous thing happens to me and waste my money.

I need to use the international forwarding company to ship it to me,
After I purchase, I found wrong information about the shipping (auto fill by google),
The international forwarding company I use has a policy , if the name not correct, will be treated as abandoned.

So I emailing them to change of it, But they tell me can't change any information, even the product not start to ship. I tell them the product will be lost, but they just keep saying the system and company policy, they can't help or conncet to they warehouse. And I can't even cancel the order. So they will keep shipping even they know it will be lost.

I know I have a certain responsibility for my mistake. but I feel angry, and disponiting about this. The customers service is not helpful at all.
If you guys want to buy something on their website should be very careful.
Next time place the order with Sales manually at the US office, and they will ship when they receive their replenishment.

Oct 13, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #4,077 of 4,782
I have only tried the stock pads and the Elite Velours, but I have no interest in trying any of the others out after putting the velour pads on mine. They give a slight bass boost and really tame that treble spike turning them into just an incredibly enjoyable pair of headphones.

edit: velour pads

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #4,078 of 4,782
I was just giving my DT-1990 some love since they've been retired for awhile. I have the Amiron Wireless driver liners on them to handle treble peak, and add a small bass boost. Slipped on the A-pads, the Elite Velours, and Elite Hybrids. (I also have a set of Brainwavz Hybrids, but I hate their quality) My favorite set of the 3 is the Velours; yeah they don't have the bass like the Hybrids, but the timbre on vocals and guitars is just better. IIRC, the Fenestrated Sheepskins have a similar tuning to the Velours.

Then I switched to the M1570, and realized how the DT-1990 sounds veiled / muted in comparison. Planars. :)

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #4,079 of 4,782
Then I switched to the M1570, and realized how the DT-1990 sounds veiled / muted in comparison. Planars. :)
They're veiled when you muffle them the way you're doing. Pure Analytical for me. The Elite Hybrids ruin the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back