Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone
Sep 15, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #4,051 of 4,782
Those are DT770/880/990 pads if I'm not mistaken, and very possibly not actually Beyerdynamic pads. Between the pads and box both being incorrect, it definitely smells fishy; if it were me I would definitely return these and try again. The 1990s are an incredible headphone, I would not want my first listen to be unpleasant because of a shady pair.

I agree with the above poster. There's something definitely very fishy about those. Not a certified retailer, the wrong pads, and the wrong serial number. I'd return them without hesitation.
Thanks. Reply above. Still trying to figure forums functionality.

Sep 15, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #4,053 of 4,782
Thanks. Reply above. Still trying to figure forums functionality.
No problem. For future reference, you can use the "+Quote" button to add replies to more than one person in each post. or you can tag a member with @ and their user name, like @Denixo.

Sep 15, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #4,054 of 4,782
Has anybody tried the passive filters from DIY-Audio-Heaven? Either the ones he sells or DIY?
I've read others using it, and it works, but the simpliest solution to the peak issue is to use the newer Amiron Wireless driver foams, with the stitched ring. It does work very well, it even gives a small bass boost, and they're only $7 a pair. Just get the part number from the germany site, and contact sales at BD North America. (Assuming you are US) I posted pics in an earlier part of this thread, and you can see it up above.

Sep 15, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #4,055 of 4,782
I've read others using it, and it works, but the simpliest solution to the peak issue is to use the newer Amiron Wireless driver foams, with the stitched ring. It does work very well, it even gives a small bass boost, and they're only $7 a pair. Just get the part number from the germany site, and contact sales at BD North America. (Assuming you are US) I posted pics in an earlier part of this thread, and you can see it up above.
Yep, I’m aware of the Amiron Wireless pads. I might be ordering some electronic parts for another project, so figured I might add the few parts for the filters if it’s worth it.
Of course, the advantage of the pads is that I don’t have to wait for myself to finish a DIY project. :rolling_eyes:

Sep 15, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #4,056 of 4,782
Yep, I’m aware of the Amiron Wireless pads. I might be ordering some electronic parts for another project, so figured I might add the few parts for the filters if it’s worth it.
Of course, the advantage of the pads is that I don’t have to wait for myself to finish a DIY project. :rolling_eyes:
Plus they're affordable, and easily removable, so why not try them?

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #4,057 of 4,782
Grab a pair of Dekoni Velour pads if you can find somewhere in your country with a reasonable return policy (just in case they don't suit you). They absolutely turned these into my favorite headphone, I really cannot recommend them strongly enough :)

*not affiliated* lol

Sep 19, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #4,059 of 4,782
Finalllly ordered my pair of DT1990s and a pair of elite velours. Need to order the amiron foam and will do later today, but ik you gotta do something different for the US site since they aren’t listed. Previously had (almost like a year ago) a T.1 2nd Gen paired with a Valhalla 2 and a Modius. Need to find a <$700 amp/dac now. Have been strongly considering the xDuoo TA-30 (AIO tube amp) But am still looking.

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #4,061 of 4,782
I own both. Anything specific you interested in?
I'm curious if 5k have enough power for this cans to make them play on some decent level? I'm worried that this combo will sound so quiet that i will lose too much of what this HP can bring (Not that they will not play, I'm worried about quality of the sound etc). Is this a thing or should i totally not worry about that?

Sep 21, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #4,062 of 4,782
Qudelix wont be strong enough since the most power comes frome its balanced output and the 1990 is not able to use it

Sep 21, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #4,063 of 4,782
Qudelix wont be strong enough since the most power comes frome its balanced output and the 1990 is not able to use it
About 375-400mW in 32ohm is ok.but 2x2W is perfect

Sep 21, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #4,064 of 4,782
About 375-400mW in 32ohm is ok.but 2x2W is perfect
Yea that would be ok but the qudelix doesn't deliver that with your 1990

Users who are viewing this thread

Back