Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Oct 30, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #2,448 of 3,701
It is pretty hard to describe them because to me everything with them is "just right" but nothing stands out. They are fairly comfortable to wear yet a bit heavy, sq is towards neutral, no major flaw. I listen to classical mostly so they suit that well, but I am debating whether to keep them because I am hoping to get something with a bit more excitement.

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #2,449 of 3,701
It is pretty hard to describe them because to me everything with them is "just right" but nothing stands out. They are fairly comfortable to wear yet a bit heavy, sq is towards neutral, no major flaw. I listen to classical mostly so they suit that well, but I am debating whether to keep them because I am hoping to get something with a bit more excitement.

Thank you for your impressions!

Oct 30, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #2,450 of 3,701
Does anyone know if the bass rattle issue has been resolved on the newer production runs? I bought two DT1770s from Amazon Warehouse, serial numbers 1900-some and 2000-some, and both had bass rattle issues on the right side. I really love the sound of these cans when they're working but that seems to be pretty questionable right now...

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #2,451 of 3,701
Does anyone know if the bass rattle issue has been resolved on the newer production runs? I bought two DT1770s from Amazon Warehouse, serial numbers 1900-some and 2000-some, and both had bass rattle issues on the right side. I really love the sound of these cans when they're working but that seems to be pretty questionable right now...

I have serial #00904. Since September 2015. I have zero issues. What kind of music do you use and which level of amplification? And please tell us about your setup.

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #2,452 of 3,701
I am having that issue suddenly on left side, will have to have them repaired.

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #2,453 of 3,701
I had the rattling/distortion issue in the right driver, some weeks ago. I was told to open them and check if there were any hairs in. There were no hairs. However after I had closed them, I decided to try them again, and magically the rattling was gone.
My best guess, is that the wires might get into a bad position and start vibrating against the cup or something. Me opening it would have changed the wires position.

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #2,459 of 3,701
Unless driver failure/hair/ improper gluing of driver

the only time i experienced rattling is with bass boost

I'm used to bass boosting less refined cans, and thought i could do the same, but it caused a bit of rattling with sub bass

I read somewhere on this forum to eq below the flat line then turn volume up Most of the time i just leave it as it is or very little in terms of correction, but always lowering the bars, not increasing.

This worked for me on more than one dt, FWIW.

When i need bass fix i just go crazy on my xb1k and other less refined cans. Otherwise I just enjoy the more refined neutral, layered, bass. More relaxed volumes.

I think its because they are tuned so finely, and not made to get that heavy thump.

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #2,460 of 3,701
Unless driver failure/hair/ improper gluing of driver

the only time i experienced rattling is with bass boost

I'm used to bass boosting less refined cans, and thought i could do the same, but it caused a bit of rattling with sub bass

I read somewhere on this forum to eq below the flat line then turn volume up Most of the time i just leave it as it is or very little in terms of correction, but always lowering the bars, not increasing.

This worked for me on more than one dt, FWIW.

When i need bass fix i just go crazy on my xb1k and other less refined cans. Otherwise I just enjoy the more refined neutral, layered, bass. More relaxed volumes.

I think its because they are tuned so finely, and not made to get that heavy thump.

Oh yeah, I hear many people tried to do rattling tests with the dt1770s using sine waves which can damage your headphones, especially since most people struggle to hear 20hz so they crank up the volume for it to be audible for them. Which makes me wonder how many reports of rattling were from actual music listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back